Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-07-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Most switches are going to be a bit light --- it takes some amps on start up...... If you go with a switch -- opt for something rated to slightly above the rating of the a/c at startup....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Gged
(29-07-2016 09:43 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 09:24 AM)Fireball Wrote:  That's not good for the plug or the outlet. What you could do is open the cord and (if it is 110V) split the hot wire and use an appropriately sized toggle switch there. Just run the cord into and out of a j-box, with the hot wire attached to the two switched terminals. The other two wires can just run around the switch. Or do you live where that is not allowed?

Thanks, if this goes on for any length of time I will rig a power switch rather than unplugging; that's just a short-term workaround. What I really want is to repair or replace it entirely (it's 27 years old so is pretty inefficient).

The broken switch is a 4-position off/low/hi/fan control that is set to low currently so it isn't just a simple on/off.

My window unit originally had digital controls, but after that played out I rigged it up with a light switch and a manual temperature switch. The light switch makes/breaks tge circuit from the power supply to the fan and the temp switch, which will kick the compressor on or off depending on what you have it set at.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-07-2016, 10:34 AM
OK, I didn't know it wasn't just on/off, though that thought did occur to me. Like OLB says, a window unit will work. You just need to size it correctly. It'll also probably use about half the power your current one uses.
29-07-2016, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 02:31 PM by Loom.)
So I just got done checking out a this customer, who's unfortunately a regular, who decided to go on this whole tirade on god being taken out of schools, abortion being murder, gay rights being satanic, and how I HAD to vote to Trump. She asked so many personal things, such as if I believed in god, and I had no way to defend myself. She's been known to get employees written up before if they talk back or disagree with her.

So, she effectively held me as a silent hostage and made the other customers she was holding up in line very uncomfortable.

I did nothing but nod and smile, and begrudgingly say 'mhm' when a vocal answer was needed. After she left me she started yelling across the parking lot to make America GREAT again!

Like seriously, f*ckin who does that? F*ck her and f*ck her views.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 6 users Like Loom's post
29-07-2016, 02:24 PM
I survived surgery. I'm sore. And my grandparents are giving me money so I'm no longer freaking out about bills.

I'm starting to think the new guy I'm dating isn't as interested in me as I previously thought. He didn't come see me yesterday, nor is he coming to visit today. Sad

Oh well, other fish in the sea.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
29-07-2016, 03:25 PM
(29-07-2016 02:24 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I survived surgery. I'm sore. And my grandparents are giving me money so I'm no longer freaking out about bills.

I'm starting to think the new guy I'm dating isn't as interested in me as I previously thought. He didn't come see me yesterday, nor is he coming to visit today. Sad

Hey, you made it! Smile Yayayayay Smile Smile Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-07-2016, 03:33 PM
(29-07-2016 02:24 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I survived surgery. I'm sore. And my grandparents are giving me money so I'm no longer freaking out about bills.

They say doctors make the worst patients..........

I wonder how that applies to nurses???

Big Grin

Glad ya made it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Glad you made it through the surgery okay!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Good that you are getting help from your GPs. I can understand sore. I couldn't even stand up straight for a week after my appendectomy. I'm sure that that is because it "leaked" six weeks prior to surgery, but didn't kill me at that time.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-07-2016, 07:55 PM

I'm starting to think the new guy I'm dating isn't as interested in me as I previously thought. He didn't come see me yesterday, nor is he coming to visit today. :(

So glad the surgery is all over with. Hope you feel like yourself again soon *hugs*
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post