Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-08-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-08-2016 07:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I had that meeting with my manager.
It wasn't the manager I thought was gonna do it it was the manager I like which kinda sucked but whatever.

He basically said that management don't give a shit about her complaint and understand that I was just trying to get her to work.
They also said that they're looking at making me supervisor.

Told you I wouldn't get fired. Still, annoying as fuck. It would have been nice to have a go at my shitty manager.

Fantastic! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 10:24 PM
(02-08-2016 07:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Back to job hunting. Sadcryface

Had one interview yesterday and have another tomorrow and the next day. It gets more and more difficult to find places that want to hire someone my age. Undecided

At least I will still be getting paid through most of August.

Sell the fact that you have a lot of experience to get things done that the newer/younger people may not have.

I got good and pissed at my management after I was told I was going to get promoted, and it failed to materialize after two years. I talked to my money guy and he ran the numbers; I retired at age 62, almost two years ago. That company now has three people doing what I used to do. They could have bought my ass for a measly $25k a year raise, and I'd probably still be on that treadmill.
03-08-2016, 02:19 AM
(02-08-2016 07:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I had that meeting with my manager.
It wasn't the manager I thought was gonna do it it was the manager I like which kinda sucked but whatever.

He basically said that management don't give a shit about her complaint and understand that I was just trying to get her to work.
They also said that they're looking at making me supervisor.

Told you I wouldn't get fired. Still, annoying as fuck. It would have been nice to have a go at my shitty manager.
Keep this up earmuffs and you'll be CEO this time next year Tongue
03-08-2016, 09:33 AM
I'm part of a working group in the department to make some videos for a juvenile detention center, that will play on loop. Things like: their rights as juvenile detainees, what happens in a pat down, the rules of the facility, etc. The staff of the facility is willing to play the roles of a juvenile offender, but we want decent quality for the video itself. So I've spent the last week trying to get anything from the campus videographer. He doesn't reply to emails, he never set up his voice mail (and I've called twice a day for the last three business days). Today I had enough and went to go find this guy myself, which meant a descent into the confusing maze of underground hallways beneath campus, most of them with only one light per hallway, at low wattage, so I felt like I was in a zombie shooter or an Alien™ film. Finally found his office suite after 20+ minutes of searching, "Door alarmed, open from other side". Had to find a way up and down again...stairwells all have the same sign. Okay, I'll find an elevator. Nope, not that elevator, that's the Chancellor's Private Elevator. Oh this second one works, the one I'm practically having to spoon another person because it's the narrowest elevator I've seen in my life. (And the maintenance guy I shared it with thought I was a student.)

Go up to first floor above ground floor, because the only other way down to this guy's office is to cut through the library, which doesn't have a ground floor entrance, descend 3 sets of stairs into the darkened hallways beneath the university archives. Finally I get to the office to see "Open" on the door, next to a sign saying if you try to open that door, an alarm will sound, and a bell to ring for service. Ring the bell...wait...wait...wait...and when I'm about to ring it again, two student workers come out; they've never met the videographer. They get the secretary for Creative Services, who refuses to pass along my information or apologize that this guy has blown off no less than six phone calls and an email inquiry. Instead she tells me that I need to just use the Creative Services order form to book him. "The price is on the site." "But what about-" "Everything's on the site." (And she thought I was a student.)

An hour of my life, wasted. Oh and they want $40 an hour, when I checked the site. I may be able to get money from the Dean and from the detention facility for matching funds for two hours, if I do my best little orphan Oliver routine, "Please Dean [name withheld], thinking of the wee children, I am."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Someone ate one of my sandals last night. Angry We won't mention any names (but it may have been Ziggy). Little twerp...I forget how tall he is...I had them on the window seat where things have been safe in the past. I will be glad when this chewing phase is over. Dodgy

It's not like he doesn't have all sorts of things that are meant to be chewed on. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-08-2016, 11:57 AM
(03-08-2016 11:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone ate one of my sandals last night. Angry We won't mention any names (but it may have been Ziggy). Little twerp...I forget how tall he is...I had them on the window seat where things have been safe in the past. I will be glad when this chewing phase is over. Dodgy

It's not like he doesn't have all sorts of things that are meant to be chewed on. Censored

If you buy a dog a chew toy -- it will last forever -- as they'll never chew on it.

Unless of course you pour bacon grease on it.

I took a bowling ball - and filled the finger holes with bacon grease - let it congeal, then gave it to the dog.. Dumb mutt rolled the thing all over the yard trying to lick the bacon grease outta the holes. She ended up laying on the ground with her front legs wrapped around the ball, and tongue stuck in the finger holes.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-08-2016, 01:24 PM
(03-08-2016 11:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone ate one of my sandals last night. Angry We won't mention any names (but it may have been Ziggy). Little twerp...I forget how tall he is...I had them on the window seat where things have been safe in the past. I will be glad when this chewing phase is over. Dodgy

You will know sometime today (if you don't already) who the culprit is. One of our Maltese ate a dollar bill once (that we know of- she loved paper); must've hurt a bit on the way out. Gasp
03-08-2016, 01:32 PM
(03-08-2016 01:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

You will know sometime today (if you don't already) who the culprit is. One of our Maltese ate a dollar bill once (that we know of- she loved paper); must've hurt a bit on the way out. Gasp

Since the girls don't chew things other than the occasional toilet paper roll...I have a pretty fair idea who the guilty party is. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-08-2016, 01:34 PM
(03-08-2016 01:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 01:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You will know sometime today (if you don't already) who the culprit is. One of our Maltese ate a dollar bill once (that we know of- she loved paper); must've hurt a bit on the way out. Gasp

Since the girls don't chew things other than the occasional toilet paper roll...I have a pretty fair idea who the guilty party is. Dodgy

Don't rule out the Husband. Just saying Ziggy could be innocent.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Our new dog has taken to gnawing on the other dog. Facepalm