Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-08-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-08-2016 01:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 11:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone ate one of my sandals last night. Angry We won't mention any names (but it may have been Ziggy). Little twerp...I forget how tall he is...I had them on the window seat where things have been safe in the past. I will be glad when this chewing phase is over. Dodgy

It's not like he doesn't have all sorts of things that are meant to be chewed on. Censored

Our new dog has taken to gnawing on the other dog. Facepalm

I had a buddy who had a dog that ate cat shit.....

He tried in vain to get the cat to eat dog shit.....

He had it figured that he'd never have to clean up after them, ever again....

I guess it "looked good on paper"..

Blink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-08-2016, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 03:09 PM by pablo.)
(03-08-2016 02:56 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I had a buddy who had a dog that ate cat shit.....

He tried in vain to get the cat to eat dog shit.....

He had it figured that he'd never have to clean up after them, ever again....

Or feed them. Big Grin
[Image: IRIefVI.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-08-2016, 03:09 PM
It is so hot and humid outside that if I stay out for more than 10 minutes I have to take a shower to get the sweat off of me. Taking 2 and 3 showers a day has become the norm.

Notice it may only be 88F/31C but it feels like 100F/38C!

Also notice the wind chill Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-08-2016, 04:07 PM
(03-08-2016 03:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It is so hot and humid outside that if I stay out for more than 10 minutes I have to take a shower to get the sweat off of me. Taking 2 and 3 showers a day has become the norm.

Notice it may only be 88F/31C but it feels like 100F/38C!

Also notice the wind chill Angry

We have 99 here - feels like 106. More of the same for the next several days.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-08-2016, 05:24 PM
(02-08-2016 07:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 07:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  They also said that they're looking at making me supervisor.

One step closer to the end of the world as we know it. Tongue

Nah, it's just a stepping-stone on his secret path to world domination. Not to worry. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-08-2016, 11:16 AM
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking sick of my mother and her bullshit vendetta against my ex-husband. Yes he is a douchebag. But no, mother, his being a douchebag doesn't mean that he can't see his kids. His being a douchebag doesn't mean that his parental rights will be revoked. His being a douchebag doesn't mean that he will only get to have supervised visitation with the kids. Get the fuck over it.

And stop thinking that hiring some hotshot lawyer will do anything. Facepalm

My dad didn't like my ex. I know he didn't. It wasn't a secret. But at least he did not do this bullshit my mom does. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
04-08-2016, 11:24 AM
(04-08-2016 11:16 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking sick of my mother and her bullshit vendetta against my ex-husband. Yes he is a douchebag. But no, mother, his being a douchebag doesn't mean that he can't see his kids. His being a douchebag doesn't mean that his parental rights will be revoked. His being a douchebag doesn't mean that he will only get to have supervised visitation with the kids. Get the fuck over it.

My dad didn't like my ex. I know he didn't. It wasn't a secret. But at least he did not do this bullshit my mom does. Dodgy

You are going to have to set some boundaries with mom. Those are your kids, not hers. Unless they are in real danger, she needs to back off a bit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-08-2016, 11:27 AM
yup, there's this thing called helping. she's not doing it.
04-08-2016, 11:36 AM
(04-08-2016 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 11:16 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking sick of my mother and her bullshit vendetta against my ex-husband. Yes he is a douchebag. But no, mother, his being a douchebag doesn't mean that he can't see his kids. His being a douchebag doesn't mean that his parental rights will be revoked. His being a douchebag doesn't mean that he will only get to have supervised visitation with the kids. Get the fuck over it.

You are going to have to set some boundaries with mom. Those are your kids, not hers. Unless they are in real danger, she needs to back off a bit.

Very much agreed, but it is far far easier said than done. I've done that in the past (set up boundaries or told her she was overstepping) and what she'll do is cry and say how she just cares too much and she's sorry she screws everything up and it's just this whole big thing that is such a pain in the ass. So then I end up feeling bad for making her cry.

If I could, I would just cut her out of my life totally (though that would be hard too because it'd mean cutting off contact with other family members that I don't really want to cut out) but the truth is that I need her right now. At least until my daughter can drive herself and her brother to school. As it is, I meet my mom with the kids each day so they can go to the school they feel most comfortable with.

Anyway, it's just... bleh Hobo

04-08-2016, 11:41 AM
(04-08-2016 11:36 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You are going to have to set some boundaries with mom. Those are your kids, not hers. Unless they are in real danger, she needs to back off a bit.

Very much agreed, but it is far far easier said than done. I've done that in the past (set up boundaries or told her she was overstepping) and what she'll do is cry and say how she just cares too much and she's sorry she screws everything up and it's just this whole big thing that is such a pain in the ass. So then I end up feeling bad for making her cry.

If I could, I would just cut her out of my life totally (though that would be hard too because it'd mean cutting off contact with other family members that I don't really want to cut out) but the truth is that I need her right now. At least until my daughter can drive herself and her brother to school. As it is, I meet my mom with the kids each day so they can go to the school they feel most comfortable with.

Anyway, it's just... bleh Hobo

Whoa! Got some passive-aggressive going on there. I would call her on it. Perhaps a discussion with her about how you appreciate that she loves your kids and for the help she gives you with them but she has to let the relationship between the kids and their dad be just that. Watchful, yes. But it's not up to her to define that relationship.

You are going to have to numb yourself to the crocodile tears or learn to live with them...which is going to make you nuts.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post