Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-08-2016, 12:10 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-08-2016 01:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 11:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone ate one of my sandals last night. Angry We won't mention any names (but it may have been Ziggy). Little twerp...I forget how tall he is...I had them on the window seat where things have been safe in the past. I will be glad when this chewing phase is over. Dodgy

It's not like he doesn't have all sorts of things that are meant to be chewed on. Censored

You will know sometime today (if you don't already) who the culprit is. One of our Maltese ate a dollar bill once (that we know of- she loved paper); must've hurt a bit on the way out. Gasp

Mmm, fiber. Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
04-08-2016, 03:27 PM
So regarding this no sugar thing, a week without sugar. Easy as actually. I do not miss vanilla coke at all. I don't feel any different though and I'm not like craving sugar like a mofo. I had one bad day early on where I had headaches and the shakes and shit but that was about it. I'm not even 100% convinced it was due to a lack of sugar.
But fuck that shit, I need my tiny bag of jelly crocodiles every now and again. Life's too short to not have a tiny bag of crocodile lollies.

But I kinda dig it. I have been eating less because I've been eating shit with more fiber which fills you up whereas sugar makes your brain believe you're still hungry. Which means I've saved a shit ton of money this fortnight and that's after $70 for a new jacket and $35 on steam. And I only did 3 extra hours for that paycheck. I thought I was frugal before. Son, I just went a whole week and all I had meat wise was 10 sausages and 2 lamb shanks. 10 sausages (had some for breakfast), 2 lamb shanks, 6 potatoes, 5 steam packets of vegetables (single serve), 1 block of cheese and 8 eggs to be exact. And a shit ton of water. Total price, $10, $9, $2, $4, $8, $3 = $37 on food this week holy fucking shit no wonder my bank account is looking good.

Fuck my health, I'm gonna have to keep this up for the sake of my bank account me thinks.
When my jacket arrived this morning there was a complimentary mini chocolate bar inside. A rather fitting end to the week I think. Poetic even.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
04-08-2016, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 05:56 AM by Anjele.)
(04-08-2016 03:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So regarding this no sugar thing, a week without sugar. Easy as actually. I do not miss vanilla coke at all. I don't feel any different though and I'm not like craving sugar like a mofo. I had one bad day early on where I had headaches and the shakes and shit but that was about it. I'm not even 100% convinced it was due to a lack of sugar.
But fuck that shit, I need my tiny bag of jelly crocodiles every now and again. Life's too short to not have a tiny bag of crocodile lollies.

But I kinda dig it. I have been eating less because I've been eating shit with more fiber which fills you up whereas sugar makes your brain believe you're still hungry. Which means I've saved a shit ton of money this fortnight and that's after $70 for a new jacket and $35 on steam. And I only did 3 extra hours for that paycheck. I thought I was frugal before. Son, I just went a whole week and all I had meat wise was 10 sausages and 2 lamb shanks. 10 sausages (had some for breakfast), 2 lamb shanks, 6 potatoes, 5 steam packets of vegetables (single serve), 1 block of cheese and 8 eggs to be exact. And a shit ton of water. Total price, $10, $9, $2, $4, $8, $3 = $37 on food this week holy fucking shit no wonder my bank account is looking good.

Fuck my health, I'm gonna have to keep this up for the sake of my bank account me thinks.
When my jacket arrived this morning there was a complimentary mini chocolate bar inside. A rather fitting end to the week I think. Poetic even.

Nice jacket. Thumbsup

Don't worry, I eat your share of sugar. I can't give it up.

You will be happy to find that you are the topic used to derail one of the Trump threads...you weren't even here to do the derailing.

Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-08-2016, 03:37 PM
(04-08-2016 03:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I just went a whole week and all I had meat wise was 10 sausages and 2 lamb shanks. 10 sausages (had some for breakfast), 2 lamb shanks, 6 potatoes, 5 steam packets of vegetables (single serve), 1 block of cheese and 8 eggs to be exact. And a shit ton of water. Total price, $10, $9, $2, $4, $8, $3 = $37 on food this week holy fucking shit no wonder my bank account is looking good.

Yabut, what did the water cost you?

#sigh
04-08-2016, 03:57 PM
(04-08-2016 03:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 03:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So regarding this no sugar thing, a week without sugar. Easy as actually. I do not miss vanilla coke at all. I don't feel any different though and I'm not like craving sugar like a mofo. I had one bad day early on where I had headaches and the shakes and shit but that was about it. I'm not even 100% convinced it was due to a lack of sugar.

Night jacket. Thumbsup

You will be happy to find that you are the topic used to derail one of the Trump threads...you weren't even here to do the derailing.

Big Grin

Oh god, what have I missed?

(04-08-2016 03:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 03:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I just went a whole week and all I had meat wise was 10 sausages and 2 lamb shanks. 10 sausages (had some for breakfast), 2 lamb shanks, 6 potatoes, 5 steam packets of vegetables (single serve), 1 block of cheese and 8 eggs to be exact. And a shit ton of water. Total price, $10, $9, $2, $4, $8, $3 = $37 on food this week holy fucking shit no wonder my bank account is looking good.

Yabut, what did the water cost you?

Free, it comes from a tap. And I'm not a home owner so I don't pay rates (local taxes).

04-08-2016, 03:59 PM
(04-08-2016 03:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [quote='Anjele' pid='1042303' dateline='1470346449']

Night jacket. Thumbsup

Big Grin

Oh god, what have I missed?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-t?page=48

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-08-2016, 04:07 PM
(04-08-2016 03:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 03:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yabut, what did the water cost you?

Free, it comes from a tap. And I'm not a home owner so I don't pay rates (local taxes).

The Maori pass it along through the landlord and he passes it to you in your rent. It's a perfect money laundering scheme. If you fuckers didn't foul all your rivers with dung and pesticide runoff, you could get out from under the Maori's grip.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-08-2016, 04:44 PM
(04-08-2016 04:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 03:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Free, it comes from a tap. And I'm not a home owner so I don't pay rates (local taxes).

The Maori pass it along through the landlord and he passes it to you in your rent. It's a perfect money laundering scheme. If you fuckers didn't foul all your rivers with dung and pesticide runoff, you could get out from under the Maori's grip.

Dodgy

04-08-2016, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 06:37 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Geeze, I remember now why I always confess to diocesan priests. Confession with the ones in religious orders are brutal.

Also had a tour group at school have a person snap at me to not wander away, because I was wearing the same color shirt as them.

Edit: The new secretary at my mom's Methodist church used to go to the Baptist church we went to until I was like 18. I know I complain a lot about Pastor Dickface there who ruined everything, drove people out to get promoted, managed to put the place deep in debt, has had every couple I know except for one that he married get divorced, stacked search committees to hire his friends' kids, fired church volunteers, shut down the church library because "nobody reads any more", etc. Well, the secretary told my mom, that she had tried to place her own mother on the Prayer Chain list while attending that Baptist church, and it never happened. So two weeks later, she asked Senior Pastor Dickface why that hadn't happened yet. His response was that she needed to apparently find a church that valued prayer. He's received another promotion since those days, and now is above the ministers of dozens of Baptist churches in his state. It somehow doesn't surprise me to hear that he said that. And for some reason makes me think of FFRF's Co-President Annie-Laurie Gaylor and her phrase, "Nothing fails like prayer".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2016, 06:38 PM
My head is going to explode.

Mother in law issues.

I don't know what to think. I just hope my man is right.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces