Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-08-2016, 11:10 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-08-2016 08:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 08:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you saying that it'd be a bad thing if someone grew up and was gay?
What the fuck you got against gay people? You say you don't have anything against gay people but than say you "died a little inside" when you found out he was gay, like it's some sort of "disease" or "great loss".

He was gay, the only reasonable response is "so what?" not "no offense or anything but I like totally died a little inside when I found out."

Fuck you. Go eat a dick.

I guess you were not an 80's kid. My generation grew up watching it and some wanted to grow up and be like the character. To find out he was not the guy we all thought he was, yes was a bit of a buzz kill.

That's what you get for putting people on a pedestal and anthropomorphizing your own personal bias onto them, fuckface!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Today I learned Mr. T is gay. And it has no impact on my life whatsoever unless it somehow comes up in bar trivia, just like Zachary Quinto who plays Spock being gay, or George Takei who played the original Sulu being happily married to his husband.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Because 2016 hasn't sucked enough for me...I have kidney stones...again.

FML Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-08-2016, 01:17 PM
The only thing that makes me sad about growing up and watching 80's TV is knowing how many of the child stars were getting so twisted and abused (financially, emotionally, physically) by the Hollywood machine and yet they looked so fun & happy on TV.

I loved Dana Plato, she was my age. I used to fantasize that she would be my perfect girlfriend. She died of a drug overdose, that made me very sad when it happened.

Gary Coleman...what a sad story too.

Thankfully, Whil Wheaton is still with us...and he seems to be doing okay. If he came out as gay, I wouldn't care one bit.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
06-08-2016, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 01:59 PM by skyking.)
(06-08-2016 10:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 09:28 AM)skyking Wrote:  Ok, what's a hetero vibe? Macho?
A I recall he was NEVER the character to have a romantic interest. Think about that for a minute.

Ok mate don't get pissy I'm not advocating the death penalty for gay people and don't forget I was a kid then so I equated macho with straight. I find it offensive when upstarts take the moral high ground and demand we change when really we are thinking and have changed attitude well I know I have anyways, I'm so sorry I don't live up to your moral standards based in the 21st century I am a product of a 20th century mindset and although I have changed I'm sorry its not fast enough for you. I just said it was a shock and tbh as a young person you need to work harder at understanding older people before you pass judgement on them and write them off, before you pass a smartass judgement on your older folks ask them to explain what they mean and where they are coming from the world was very different back then and that my friend is not their fault.
Adey, I'm not pissy and I'm 8 years older than you Laughat
Just putting it out there for general thought. It is interesting though, he was written as a rather one sided character. tough macho with tender side, no womenz.

EDIT: I had to reconcile the idea that Rock Hudson was gay, now THAT was a stretch! Big Grin
06-08-2016, 02:16 PM
(06-08-2016 11:59 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Today I learned Mr. T is gay. And it has no impact on my life whatsoever unless it somehow comes up in bar trivia, just like Zachary Quinto who plays Spock being gay, or George Takei who played the original Sulu being happily married to his husband.

Well given the source I looked it up and it is just a rumour.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-08-2016, 02:17 PM
(06-08-2016 11:59 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Today I learned Mr. T is gay. And it has no impact on my life whatsoever unless it somehow comes up in bar trivia, just like Zachary Quinto who plays Spock being gay, or George Takei who played the original Sulu being happily married to his husband.

I've never heard this.
06-08-2016, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 02:42 PM by adey67.)
(06-08-2016 01:34 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 10:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok mate don't get pissy I'm not advocating the death penalty for gay people and don't forget I was a kid then so I equated macho with straight. I find it offensive when upstarts take the moral high ground and demand we change when really we are thinking and have changed attitude well I know I have anyways, I'm so sorry I don't live up to your moral standards based in the 21st century I am a product of a 20th century mindset and although I have changed I'm sorry its not fast enough for you. I just said it was a shock and tbh as a young person you need to work harder at understanding older people before you pass judgement on them and write them off, before you pass a smartass judgement on your older folks ask them to explain what they mean and where they are coming from the world was very different back then and that my friend is not their fault.
Adey, I'm not pissy and I'm 8 years older than you Laughat
Just putting it out there for general thought. It is interesting though, he was written as a rather one sided character. tough macho with tender side, no womenz.

EDIT: I had to reconcile the idea that Rock Hudson was gay, now THAT was a stretch! Big Grin
Ok sorry about that my apologies I got a bit carried away ...... Old man .....Tongue Big Grin you maybe older but you have a young turn of phrase ... WhippersnapperBig Grin that's a complement BTW Heart
06-08-2016, 02:38 PM
(06-08-2016 02:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Thanks for looking it up!

(06-08-2016 02:17 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  

I've never heard this.

The Mr. T. thing is apparently a rumor; I only heard it in the debating back and forth over the last few pages. Though I'll go with Rev having looked it up and not finding substantiated evidence, sorry about that!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2016, 02:45 PM
(06-08-2016 02:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I'd still "pity the foo" one way, or the other! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post