Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-08-2016, 04:32 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Motherfucker, my bedroom light just blew for like the zillionth time.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 06:01 AM
(13-08-2016 04:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Motherfucker, my bedroom light just blew for like the zillionth time.

What you do with you appliances is your own business.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-08-2016, 05:26 AM
See. This. This right here is exactly what I'm talking about.

[Image: b3ae5de2d692a6fcdb21505f9a195f0d.jpg]

[Image: b3ae5de2d692a6fcdb21505f9a195f0d.jpg]

Where the fuck do I get that mini shipping container?? or well, more accurately, where do I buy them so I can price them.

Those pictures are of one up in Auckland. I've actually brought a waffle from it, it was very tasty. But I can't get it out of my head. The whole set-up is so easy. So simple.
There was a guy who use to sell coffee inside my local grocery store. I'm not a coffee drinker but my flatmates both say it was the best coffee in town. He's not there now, I don't know where he went. It's a pity, this sort of thing would be perfect for a joint venture with that guy.
It just seems so doable.

14-08-2016, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 05:40 AM by earmuffs.)
Nevermind, found some.
Four fucking grand (just under 3 US grand) just for a 10ft shipping container. The 30 and 40 ft containers are cheaper. That makes zero fucking sense.

So you take your 4 fucking grand mini shipping container. You take a fridge, $300, you take your commercial waffle iron which is probably like $700 because everything commercial is stupidly overpriced, you take your $500 for signage and you're at what? $5,500. Call it an even $7,000 after refurbishment and other minor expenses. Maybe another grand for a decent coffee machine, might as well make fucking coffee. So $8,000 all up.
You know how much a new Yamaha R3 or Kawasaki Ninja 300 would cost me? $8,000.

So, tiny mini-cube business or new motorbike. Man, I'm literally never gonna ride a motorbike in my life again am I??

14-08-2016, 05:52 AM
RENT! I'm a fucking genius. Rent the box and rent the equipment. The two biggest expenses AND I don't need to outfit the box very much because they come ready to go. Ish.
So just pay for signage (which I could save even more on if the menu signage was just blackboards) and other small things.

Reduce the risk greatly because I reduce initial investment. And if it was a completely disaster oh well. Give the box and equipment back. Sell the fridge and shit and I have a souvenir business name signage board thingy. And go back to staring at security cameras and fake smiling at customers.

14-08-2016, 09:18 AM
(14-08-2016 05:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  RENT! I'm a fucking genius. Rent the box and rent the equipment. The two biggest expenses AND I don't need to outfit the box very much because they come ready to go. Ish.
So just pay for signage (which I could save even more on if the menu signage was just blackboards) and other small things.

Reduce the risk greatly because I reduce initial investment. And if it was a completely disaster oh well. Give the box and equipment back. Sell the fridge and shit and I have a souvenir business name signage board thingy. And go back to staring at security cameras and fake smiling at customers.

I believe you're forgetting a few things:
- Rent for the place where you're going to park your kiosk. This is probably going to be one of the biggest expenses, because you want to place it in a well-exposed location, therefore expensive; oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd ask you to pay for at least a year upfront.
- As you're planning to sell food items , you'll probably need a special license. Over here (Switzerland) they're terribly expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same in NZ.
- Insurance.
- The initial costs to register a company; ok, this item may not be that expensive, but still...
Just my two kopeks...
14-08-2016, 10:14 AM
your kopeks are valid, along with utilities. Need to find a place with full utilities so you can wash down, etc.
Still, I'd say go investigate Muffs. If it successful you can ride your new bike to the waffle job in a few years Smile
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
14-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(14-08-2016 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nevermind, found some.
Four fucking grand (just under 3 US grand) just for a 10ft shipping container. The 30 and 40 ft containers are cheaper. That makes zero fucking sense.

So you take your 4 fucking grand mini shipping container. You take a fridge, $300, you take your commercial waffle iron which is probably like $700 because everything commercial is stupidly overpriced, you take your $500 for signage and you're at what? $5,500. Call it an even $7,000 after refurbishment and other minor expenses. Maybe another grand for a decent coffee machine, might as well make fucking coffee. So $8,000 all up.

So, tiny mini-cube business or new motorbike. Man, I'm literally never gonna ride a motorbike in my life again am I??

Does the motorbike have the potential to eventually pay for itself and then pay for another motorbike?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
14-08-2016, 03:30 PM
(14-08-2016 03:19 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nevermind, found some.

Does the motorbike have the potential to eventually pay for itself and then pay for another motorbike?

Only if you're using the bike to get you from one trick to the next...

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-08-2016, 03:54 PM
(14-08-2016 03:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 03:19 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Does the motorbike have the potential to eventually pay for itself and then pay for another motorbike?

Only if you're using the bike to get you from one trick to the next...

Rolleyes

Tongue

That's a lot of wear and tear on the motor.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post