Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-08-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-08-2016 09:18 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 05:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  RENT! I'm a fucking genius. Rent the box and rent the equipment. The two biggest expenses AND I don't need to outfit the box very much because they come ready to go. Ish.
So just pay for signage (which I could save even more on if the menu signage was just blackboards) and other small things.

Reduce the risk greatly because I reduce initial investment. And if it was a completely disaster oh well. Give the box and equipment back. Sell the fridge and shit and I have a souvenir business name signage board thingy. And go back to staring at security cameras and fake smiling at customers.

I believe you're forgetting a few things:
- Rent for the place where you're going to park your kiosk. This is probably going to be one of the biggest expenses, because you want to place it in a well-exposed location, therefore expensive; oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd ask you to pay for at least a year upfront.
- As you're planning to sell food items , you'll probably need a special license. Over here (Switzerland) they're terribly expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same in NZ.
- Insurance.
- The initial costs to register a company; ok, this item may not be that expensive, but still...
Just my two kopeks...

I don't know about rent for something this small. I don't even know if where I wanna put it they'll even let m put it. I could probably get a location in the CBD somewhere, but I'd rather be at the shopping center just out of town which is where everyone goes and why the CBD is collapsing.
But it's all newly built and looks all nice and shit, I don't know if they'd be open to even having something like this planted somewhere on the sidewalk. Especially considering the proximity to their food court inside the main complex which has lots of small eateries.

No need for a food licence, just follow food safety laws.
Just alcohol licence but don't need one of those.
And company registration fees are about $200.

Quote:your kopeks are valid, along with utilities. Need to find a place with full utilities so you can wash down, etc.
Still, I'd say go investigate Muffs. If it successful you can ride your new bike to the waffle job in a few years Smile

Yea how would utilities work for something like this?
How the fuck does that one I posted a picture of do it? They're just on the side of the sidewalk by a parking lot.

Quote:Does the motorbike have the potential to eventually pay for itself and then pay for another motorbike?

Ya never know, I could become a gun runner.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-08-2016, 10:25 PM
need power, water and may have to truck away the washdown/waste water. hard telling how they do it. You can pump waste from a drain system through a small pipe if there is no bathroom involved.
15-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Does anyone else find it suspicious that muffs announces that he wants to open a waffle shack, at the same time as a maple syrup heist?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 6 users Like ukatheist's post
15-08-2016, 04:44 PM
(14-08-2016 10:25 PM)skyking Wrote:  need power, water and may have to truck away the washdown/waste water. hard telling how they do it. You can pump waste from a drain system through a small pipe if there is no bathroom involved.

Yea, I think that may turn out to be the biggest issues because that's more a logistics issue than a money issue. That ones up in Auckland does have water, they have a sink. And I believe part of selling non-packaged food is that you must have hand washing facilities.

Might be an issue for my future landlord though and I'd just pick up the tab of getting a plumber and electrician out to hook it all up.

Quote:Does anyone else find it suspicious that muffs announces that he wants to open a waffle shack, at the same time as a maple syrup heist?

I have no idea what you're talking about...
[Image: ShiftyEyes.gif]

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-08-2016, 05:59 AM
(14-08-2016 10:25 PM)skyking Wrote:  need power, water and may have to truck away the washdown/waste water. hard telling how they do it. You can pump waste from a drain system through a small pipe if there is no bathroom involved.

You are better off buying a concession trailer. The trailer can be moved easily between locations. As far as what you need. You need to have at least one concession window, aluminum walls and ceiling (at least the walls anyway), a sink with 3 washing stations and a hand wash station (4 compartments in all), a water heater (normally 10 gallons), a hood vent, some type of flooring (laminate), a wastewater tank (20 gallon), a fresh water tank (15 gallon), and I recommend A/C and Heat. If you have a huge container that needs to be loaded onto a truck to be moved, there is no threat that you might leave if your rent goes too high. Not to mention, you can take your trailer to special events. If you have a permanent location, a container is fine. You do need all the things I mentioned though.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
17-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Kinda need to vent. A friend is an HR manager; she posted a status about how 8/12 interviewees didn't show up for interviews today. No notice, no "thanks, but I'm not interested" and I felt bad for her (and still do), she wasted a lot of time being stood up for work. She did not give any biographical details, of course, about the people who stood her up. The first reply was made by a woman born in 1963, "Welcome to Millennial Work Ethic!"

No. Welcome to people you cranky person. For one thing, no biographical data was given, so we don't know what age group they were in. Granted, our mutual friend hires for a company that pays minimum wage, however, the average age of a minimum wage employee in America is 35 years old, so not necessarily a Millennial. And if they were Millennials? Well...I work with Millennials every day in my job, they're my students. My average student is working at least one part time job, sometimes up to three of them. A few are working full time and a part time job. They do this while being full time students. Meanwhile, many of them also have children they're raising, or they're helping to support their families in general, where sometimes, their incomes help make sure the people in their household quite literally aren't starving.

So in short, person who snarled about Millennial work ethic, perhaps you should look in your mirror, that you're able to afford, and look at your own entitlement, before you start whining about the Millennials being entitled. But then again, that would also probably require being able to conceptualize that people don't stop working minimum wage the second they turn twenty and are no longer teenagers. Granted, no, not everyone of this generation works like the majority of my students do, but I'm not the one broadly generalizing an entire section of the population.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Millennials are legit shit workers though.

17-08-2016, 09:37 PM
(16-08-2016 05:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

You are better off buying a concession trailer. The trailer can be moved easily between locations. As far as what you need. You need to have at least one concession window, aluminum walls and ceiling (at least the walls anyway), a sink with 3 washing stations and a hand wash station (4 compartments in all), a water heater (normally 10 gallons), a hood vent, some type of flooring (laminate), a wastewater tank (20 gallon), a fresh water tank (15 gallon), and I recommend A/C and Heat. If you have a huge container that needs to be loaded onto a truck to be moved, there is no threat that you might leave if your rent goes too high. Not to mention, you can take your trailer to special events. If you have a permanent location, a container is fine. You do need all the things I mentioned though.

The issue with the concession trailer is that it's more expensive. More expensive to buy and I'd have to get it registered which is more money. The 10 foot container would be fairly easy to move considering the amount of times I'd move it (like twice ever). Besides, I know peeps that could move a 10 foot container. Probably on the cheep or free too. And if I get the location I want, or something around it, I wont need/want to go anywhere else.

I'd also want to be somewhere permanently, or at least semi-permanently for as long as my lease runs. And I think the container looks better, looks more.. "hip". And would suit having a few tables set up outside it with maybe some kind of garden pot barrier wooden thing.

I'm not to worried about heating. The coldest it gets here at 9am is like 4 degrees C. I've worked outside at 6am in -5 so I'm sure I can survive inside a small space with 2 hot waffle irons. Summer would be a bitch though so might have to get A/C.

18-08-2016, 05:54 AM
(17-08-2016 09:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 05:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You are better off buying a concession trailer. The trailer can be moved easily between locations. As far as what you need. You need to have at least one concession window, aluminum walls and ceiling (at least the walls anyway), a sink with 3 washing stations and a hand wash station (4 compartments in all), a water heater (normally 10 gallons), a hood vent, some type of flooring (laminate), a wastewater tank (20 gallon), a fresh water tank (15 gallon), and I recommend A/C and Heat. If you have a huge container that needs to be loaded onto a truck to be moved, there is no threat that you might leave if your rent goes too high. Not to mention, you can take your trailer to special events. If you have a permanent location, a container is fine. You do need all the things I mentioned though.

The issue with the concession trailer is that it's more expensive. More expensive to buy and I'd have to get it registered which is more money. The 10 foot container would be fairly easy to move considering the amount of times I'd move it (like twice ever). Besides, I know peeps that could move a 10 foot container. Probably on the cheep or free too. And if I get the location I want, or something around it, I wont need/want to go anywhere else.

I'd also want to be somewhere permanently, or at least semi-permanently for as long as my lease runs. And I think the container looks better, looks more.. "hip". And would suit having a few tables set up outside it with maybe some kind of garden pot barrier wooden thing.

I'm not to worried about heating. The coldest it gets here at 9am is like 4 degrees C. I've worked outside at 6am in -5 so I'm sure I can survive inside a small space with 2 hot waffle irons. Summer would be a bitch though so might have to get A/C.

You are located in the UK I think. At the very least, I know you are not in my country. I am not trying to sell you a trailer. Just giving you my honest opinion.
Though, I have always wanted to convert a few shipping containers into a house.
18-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Just a follow up to my package tracking complaint, this is how my package was tracked.

[Image: efwfw.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze