Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-08-2016, 06:37 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-08-2016 06:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just a follow up to my package tracking complaint, this is how my package was tracked.

[Image: efwfw.png]

I do all the shipping for my employer. That is no less informative than the tracking on UPS or FedEx.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 06:57 AM
(18-08-2016 06:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Just a follow up to my package tracking complaint, this is how my package was tracked.

There is a USPS facility here in the Dallas area where packages go to die. Things can sit there for days, and days, and days. Sometimes they get there then go on a journey to east Texas just to return to that distribution center to hang out again. Packages leaving there to go to other DFW post offices, only to return, are frequent.

There is no way to find a phone number to reach the facility. They do not deal with the public in person either.

But their Facebook page is filled with photos and posts of the employees showing off the stages of their pregnancies and one guy who announces regularly when it's 'beer thirty'.

Any time a package of mine goes to that facility I know that it's gonna be a while, if ever, that I see it. Dodgy

Based on the number of complaints posted by USPS customers you would think someone would address the level of incompetency that seems to be the rule and not the exception.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2016, 06:59 AM
(18-08-2016 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

There is a USPS facility here in the Dallas area where packages go to die. Things can sit there for days, and days, and days. Sometimes they get there then go on a journey to east Texas just to return to that distribution center to hang out again.

There is no way to find a phone number to reach the facility. They do not deal with the public in person either.

But their Facebook page is filled with photos and posts of the employees showing off the stages of their pregnancies and one guy who announces regularly when it's 'beer thirty'.

Any time a package of mine goes to that facility I know that it's gonna be a while, if ever, that I see it. Dodgy

Based on the number of complaints posted by USPS customers you would think someone would address the level of incompetency that seems to be the rule and not the exception.

That has to suck Sad

It's sooooo bad.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Books finally came and they got damaged in the mail, one of them has two holes through it like someone took a knife to it. I know it was through shipping the books got damaged because the same holes are in the packaging and the pieces that were cut out fell out of the book when I opened it.

I waited so long for these books just to have them ruined, ughhhhh AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-08-2016, 08:11 AM
(18-08-2016 07:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Books finally came and they got damaged in the mail, one of them has two holes through it like someone took a knife to it. I know it was through shipping the books got damaged because the same holes are in the packaging and the pieces that were cut out fell out of the book when I opened it.

I waited so long for these books just to have them ruined, ughhhhh AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Take pictures of the books and the packaging and then see what can be done...start with the seller to see if they had any sort of insurance on the items.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2016, 08:18 AM
(18-08-2016 08:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 07:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Books finally came and they got damaged in the mail, one of them has two holes through it like someone took a knife to it. I know it was through shipping the books got damaged because the same holes are in the packaging and the pieces that were cut out fell out of the book when I opened it.

Take pictures of the books and the packaging and then see what can be done...start with the seller to see if they had any sort of insurance on the items.

Already on it, just annoying to wait 12 days just to get damaged books

18-08-2016, 08:35 AM
(18-08-2016 08:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 08:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Take pictures of the books and the packaging and then see what can be done...start with the seller to see if they had any sort of insurance on the items.

Already on it, just annoying to wait 12 days just to get damaged books

I certainly understand that.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 08:41 AM
(18-08-2016 08:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 08:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Already on it, just annoying to wait 12 days just to get damaged books

I certainly understand that.

I appreciate the advice though.

18-08-2016, 08:54 AM
They are sending a replacement.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-08-2016, 09:13 AM
(18-08-2016 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

There is a USPS facility here in the Dallas area where packages go to die. Things can sit there for days, and days, and days. Sometimes they get there then go on a journey to east Texas just to return to that distribution center to hang out again. Packages leaving there to go to other DFW post offices, only to return, are frequent.

I've had that experience with mail I've sent to Texas... Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post