Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-08-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-08-2016 09:13 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  There is a USPS facility here in the Dallas area where packages go to die. Things can sit there for days, and days, and days. Sometimes they get there then go on a journey to east Texas just to return to that distribution center to hang out again. Packages leaving there to go to other DFW post offices, only to return, are frequent.

There is no way to find a phone number to reach the facility. They do not deal with the public in person either.

But their Facebook page is filled with photos and posts of the employees showing off the stages of their pregnancies and one guy who announces regularly when it's 'beer thirty'.

Any time a package of mine goes to that facility I know that it's gonna be a while, if ever, that I see it. Dodgy

Based on the number of complaints posted by USPS customers you would think someone would address the level of incompetency that seems to be the rule and not the exception.

I've had that experience with mail I've sent to Texas... Yes

So the horses get hungry and nibble on a book or two sometimes. Would you rather they starve? Tongue #PonyExpress Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
18-08-2016, 11:46 AM
(18-08-2016 11:28 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 09:13 AM)Fireball Wrote:  I've had that experience with mail I've sent to Texas... Yes

So the horses get hungry and nibble on a book or two sometimes. Would you rather they starve? Tongue #PonyExpress Hobo

Big Grin I posted this because I sent Anj some mail that took about 3 weeks to get there. Kind of an inside joke, if you will. I get the same thing happening here in California. I ain't hatin' on the Texas. No
18-08-2016, 12:51 PM
(18-08-2016 06:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Based on the number of complaints posted by USPS customers you would think someone would address the level of incompetency that seems to be the rule and not the exception.

I'd be surprised if it ever did. During grad school, I had USPS tracking show no less than 9 separate packages had been delivered to me over a two month period, which hadn't been. Filed a complaint for each one of them. After the 9th complaint, they all showed up at my doorstep, in really bad shape.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2016, 05:58 AM
I got 10 days off.
19-08-2016, 06:05 AM
(19-08-2016 05:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I got 10 days off.

Kick the boss in the wedding tackle didja??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Yes. That is exactly what happened.
19-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Bonus!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Only good if they're paid days off though...

Feeling under the weather. Basically last summer when I moved here, I discovered the hard way that something that hits the air here around August, is something that sets off allergies I never realized I had before moving here. It took me a few days of feeling like crap and getting more unable to function to realize what was wrong. So got the medicine out from last time, been taking it. It'll take about a week with the meds for me to shake off this stuff fully, but until then, I've now remembered how the meds and my stomach don't enjoy one another's company. So basically, my bed, my couch, and I are very good friends while I try not to vomit everywhere, but trying not to vomit is actually better than the alternative way I could feel right now.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Yea they're paid. I'd be freaking the fuck out if they weren't... well sorta, I'm actually rather good for money now. Consider
Amazing how much money you can save when you stop buying junk food and take out and start buying normal people food..
$6 for 12 chicken drumsticks, $3 for frozen veg. $9 total, lasts me 3 days, $3 a day. Same with sausages. As opposed to $11 for subway, plus $2.69 for a bottle of vanilla coke, plus $1.50 for a bag of gummy crocodiles, $15.19 total per day.
And I gotta say, those honey soy chicken drumsticks are fucking delicious. And there's at least 5 different sausage flavors to choose from, not to mention pork or beef.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-08-2016, 06:59 AM
No shit??? 10 days off, paid????

That's insane.... When I was working- if I coulda gotten 10 days off paid for kicking the boss in the nuts, my boots would of stunk of nutsweat - and they'd have to put up a picture of me at work, just so the other employees would know what I looked like..............