Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-08-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-08-2016 07:10 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Fireball got it, and I do find the teasing to be a bit funny. (Though as witnessed by the post, did take your advice to pick up something by Harris. Thanks for saying I'm a decent fellow.) Also, excitedpenguin, there's a great thread, that I keep hoping will be updated, Adventures of Nurse in Church where she goes so her parents will be happy/blissfully ignorant; the commentary is priceless and I think you'd enjoy it.

Pablo, I could, but will? Not for the foreseeable future. Tongue

I hope you know I was only teasing. I like you here. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-08-2016, 07:28 PM
(27-08-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:10 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Fireball got it, and I do find the teasing to be a bit funny. (Though as witnessed by the post, did take your advice to pick up something by Harris. Thanks for saying I'm a decent fellow.) Also, excitedpenguin, there's a great thread, that I keep hoping will be updated, Adventures of Nurse in Church where she goes so her parents will be happy/blissfully ignorant; the commentary is priceless and I think you'd enjoy it.

Yeah, you are a good guy and your theism isn't something you are trying to force on anyone here - and that's appreciated.

Penguin may not realize that we do not exclude theists from the conversation here.

You followed us home; I guess we'll keep you. Big Grin

Yabut, can we teach him any tricks? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-08-2016, 07:31 PM
(27-08-2016 07:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, you are a good guy and your theism isn't something you are trying to force on anyone here - and that's appreciated.

Penguin may not realize that we do not exclude theists from the conversation here.

Sit, kneel, stand.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
27-08-2016, 07:37 PM
(27-08-2016 07:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, can we teach him any tricks? Consider

Sit, kneel, stand.

I would think he already knows those. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-08-2016, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 08:12 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(27-08-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Yeah, you are a good guy and your theism isn't something you are trying to force on anyone here - and that's appreciated.

Thanks for keeping me! Now if you all could feed me... Tongue And take care of my my my medical care. As for sharing; you all know how my faith is, many of you probably know Christianity better than I do. And I suck at evangelism anyhow and always have.

Penguin can be surprised though if Aliza says she was in a Catholic Church!

(27-08-2016 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  

I hope you know I was only teasing. I like you here. Thumbsup

Oh I know man. Smile I seriously did laugh at the joke. Though kinda funny, as I read that post, my YouTube recommended videos' first video was "Why are they leaving the Christian faith" by Tim Barnett and right now he's citing "Soul Searching" a book on American teen spirituality in his whole "We must save our youth" talk where he blames my profession for killing teenage faith because omg guys, 1 in 4 professors is an atheist! Only 6% surveyed said the Bible is inerrant!

(27-08-2016 07:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, you are a good guy and your theism isn't something you are trying to force on anyone here - and that's appreciated.

Angele is right, Catholicism has made sure I know Sit, kneel, and stand. I'd rather not try roll over.

Edit: This guy on the video...this guy...

"The secular universities are hostile to Christians." Umm...no. "Many professors make it their goal to deconvert Christians!" Umm...no. "Psychology classes will tell them they invented God!" Umm...no.

Edit 2: Now he's talking about how he poses as an atheist professor and talks to youth groups to train them against atheism. He's now role playing it to his parental audience, and he sucks at it. I could make more convincing arguments for atheism than this guy, and everything he says, his voice betrays he doesn't believe a thing he's saying.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-08-2016, 08:02 PM
(27-08-2016 07:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Penguin can be surprised though if Aliza says she was in a Catholic Church!

I actually have been in a Catholic church! Multiple Catholic churches, in fact. I can tick that box. Smile

Not only have I been in a Catholic church, I've even been to one during mass.

The best Catholic places I've been to BAR NONE was the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel. I got to hear the Pope speak and I said "Jesus" in the sense of a swear word to a bunch of nuns. They were very polite about it.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
27-08-2016, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 09:06 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(27-08-2016 08:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 07:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Penguin can be surprised though if Aliza says she was in a Catholic Church!

I actually have been in a Catholic church! Multiple Catholic churches, in fact. I can tick that box. Smile

Not only have I been in a Catholic church, I've even been to one during mass.

The best Catholic places I've been to BAR NONE was the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel. I got to hear the Pope speak and I said "Jesus" in the sense of a swear word to a bunch of nuns. They were very polite about it.

You win. Tongue I've never been to the Vatican and only been in one Synagogue.

Edit: This video... "These are the arguments professors are giving their students at secular universities! These are the arguments you find in The God Delusion!" Uh dude, I've read The God Delusion, don't think you have from what you've been saying...

Edit2: "God's Not Dead is a good movie to get a feel for what our young kids are dealing with". Facepalm And now he's quoting Krauss out of context.

Edit 3: Video mercifully over; could have made better arguments for atheism. None of his 'answers' to the points he brought up, should be considered answers.

27-08-2016, 08:21 PM
I grew up in a town where we attended a Basilica. Pretty impressive building. Also did the Catholic school thing from 6th through HS graduation. The only public school in town was the kindergarten.

Up until we moved there I went to public schools and had to go to Catechism classes on Saturday mornings. Undecided No cartoons for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-08-2016, 08:32 PM
People are stupid...

And right now it just pisses me off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-08-2016, 09:05 PM
(27-08-2016 08:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I grew up in a town where we attended a Basilica. Pretty impressive building. Also did the Catholic school thing from 6th through HS graduation. The only public school in town was the kindergarten.

Up until we moved there I went to public schools and had to go to Catechism classes on Saturday mornings. Undecided No cartoons for me.
That just blows my mind. Shocking The lack of public options that is, when you all moved there. And sorry for no cartoons, and Catechism classes instead. The parish I'm in here, moved their catechism stuff to Sunday like Protestants do for Sunday School.

(27-08-2016 08:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People are stupid...

And right now it just pisses me off.
Hug