Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-08-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-08-2016 04:24 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Bloody uncaring people, with both their brain cells swtched off, in bloody supermarkets who dither over what they might, just possibly, hmmm, maybe want to pick from the shelf whilst holding thrir bloody trolley, behind them, with arm extended, right across the aisle thus totally blocking it! Angry

My manners fail me and, now, I just push their trolley out of the way without a word.

Signed,
Grumpy old Git.

This is one of my pet peeves as well, and one of the reasons why grocery shopping is at the very bottom of my list of chores. I would rather do just about anything else.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Though my comment about Brian K. Vaughan (he is a writer of such comics as Y: The Last Man and Saga) was not totally without warrant. Earlier this year I won a Twitter contest he'd put on and he was supposed to send me the new volume of Saga plus some rare Saga stuff. I was soooo excited because I never win a damn thing, ever.

Well, kept waiting and nothing showed up. I messaged him again to make sure he'd received my mailing address (which I had sent to him immediately after I won, when he asked for it) and he didn't respond. Next thing I knew, he was totally gone from Twitter. Found through a Google search that showed cached images of his Twitter page that he was taking a break from all social media.

So now, I didn't get the stuff I was promised and I've no real way to contact him. So yeah I'm hurt by it. And I'm no longer going to buy Saga (or any of his other comics) as I was doing. Just got my feelings hurt, is all. Maybe I'm being butthurt but so what. Being butthurt is a good enough reason for me to not give him my hard-earned money. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-08-2016, 11:12 AM
(28-08-2016 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So frustrated! Censored

The first contractor we had working on our house quit the job on June 24. At that time he asked for payment for the work he had done and quoted an amount which did not factor in the $8K we already paid him. He said he hadn't ever seen it. Well, the check was deposited to his company account on May 4 so I don't know how he didn't know it was there.

During this call he was yelling and screaming and acting totally unprofessional. I told him that I wanted proof that he had applied for, and gotten a permit for, the work he did and also wanted to know when we would have an inspection by the city.

So...lots of BS later and a new contractor did the rest of the work and has been paid and other than a couple little things...is done and we are happy. He is even working to get son's house fixed, finally.

First storm was March 23. We have a signed contract for the scope of that work. Shingles, one window, new gutters. Then the April 11 storm hit causing much more damage and needed repairs.

Roof (not just shingles) was replaced on May 3. Windows (seven, not the original 1) in May with a brick being broken on the house in the process. (That's a whole other issue.) Most of the gutters were replaced.

Toward the end of June, over the course of two days, two young men showed up and covered the inside of the house with plastic and smeared some spackling on a couple walls, even one that was to be removed and replaced. Roughly two days to accomplish about four hours of work.

June 24, the contractor call where he quit, thereby breaching his contract and backing out of the estimates sent to our insurance. We called insurance and they made note to not pay anything or say anything to the contractor as he had quit. They told us not to pay him either as he breached his contract.

So then he starts calling wanting his payment. I asked again for the proof of permitting and inquired about the inspection status. Also told him the warranty needed to be updated to cover the work done and not what was on the original (and only) contract signed. Told him when I had those things we would pay him. I sent an email requesting the same.

Weeks pass and he calls. Wanting to meet with the new warranty and to pick up a check. I told him again to email me the paperwork so we could review it. Nothing.

Another call to voicemail...then another. I emailed him back and said that he needed to send the paperwork for us to review before we do anything else.

Still nothing. Then another phone call to VM. I emailed him yesterday and sent him, again, my original email with our requests. That's when I let him know we had gone to the city and found out he hadn't registered as a contractor in the city until eight weeks after the work on our roof. And after the call when he quit and I said I wanted a permit. He didn't apply for a permit until ten days ago....three and half months after the work. The head of building inspections said that is not in keeping with city code.

So far our insurance company has said not to pay him, our mortgage company has said not to pay him, and the head of building inspections said the same. The building inspector said to blast the company on social media.

Last night there was a flurry of emails back and forth between the contractor and me. His tone went from pleasant to demanding to angry...some were actually almost funny with his foot-stomping tone. When I told him we were going to take the info we got from the city and the paperwork he was to send us to have it reviewed by a lawyer to determine the validity, he claimed I had threatened him. Then went on to say there is nothing he can do since we have decided to take legal action. Facepalm

Then he ranted that he already sent me the permit. Then he realized he hadn't. This went on till midnight.

I woke up to this: Well I need to know exactly what you want, and where you want it. Facepalm

I have spelled out what we want a half a dozen times.

We have decided not to respond for now. If/When we get the documents we have clearly outlined and have had a chance to review them we will proceed.

As it stands, we aren't trying to not pay him. The insurance money is available to pay him. We want documentation so that as homeowner's we are protected. He knows his company screwed up.

This is exhausting.

I won't get into how bad this company has/is screwing the elderly lady across the street. She spent the last money she had to her name to fix the AC that the construction guys didn't cover and it broke from having so much crap in it. The job foreman took the evidence from her when she showed it to him and asked what could be done about it since they were at fault. I am thisclose to contacting the media.

Goddamn vultures who take advantage of people during things likes this. Angry

Wow.

You need a stiff drink, maybe two. I can also let you borrow my Doberman if you want. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-08-2016, 11:12 AM
At work.

PLACE HOLDER
30-08-2016, 11:18 AM
(30-08-2016 11:09 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Though my comment about Brian K. Vaughan (he is a writer of such comics as Y: The Last Man and Saga) was not totally without warrant. Earlier this year I won a Twitter contest he'd put on and he was supposed to send me the new volume of Saga plus some rare Saga stuff. I was soooo excited because I never win a damn thing, ever.

Well, kept waiting and nothing showed up. I messaged him again to make sure he'd received my mailing address (which I had sent to him immediately after I won, when he asked for it) and he didn't respond. Next thing I knew, he was totally gone from Twitter. Found through a Google search that showed cached images of his Twitter page that he was taking a break from all social media.

So now, I didn't get the stuff I was promised and I've no real way to contact him. So yeah I'm hurt by it. And I'm no longer going to buy Saga (or any of his other comics) as I was doing. Just got my feelings hurt, is all. Maybe I'm being butthurt but so what. Being butthurt is a good enough reason for me to not give him my hard-earned money. Hobo
You can try getting into touch with him via contact@panelsyndicate.com. I found that e-mail address on Panel Syndicate, a comic book website co-owned by Brian K. Vaughan.

You're welcome. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-08-2016, 11:20 AM
(30-08-2016 09:03 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 08:11 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Brian K. Vaughan sucks a bag of dicks. That is all. Sleepy

Mayhaps I shouldn't post while I'm withdrawing from hormonal birth control. Consider

I won't say I told you so...

...but I told you so. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2016, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 11:44 AM by Anjele.)
(30-08-2016 11:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So frustrated! Censored

The first contractor we had working on our house quit the job on June 24. At that time he asked for payment for the work he had done and quoted an amount which did not factor in the $8K we already paid him. He said he hadn't ever seen it. Well, the check was deposited to his company account on May 4 so I don't know how he didn't know it was there.

During this call he was yelling and screaming and acting totally unprofessional. I told him that I wanted proof that he had applied for, and gotten a permit for, the work he did and also wanted to know when we would have an inspection by the city.

So...lots of BS later and a new contractor did the rest of the work and has been paid and other than a couple little things...is done and we are happy. He is even working to get son's house fixed, finally.

First storm was March 23. We have a signed contract for the scope of that work. Shingles, one window, new gutters. Then the April 11 storm hit causing much more damage and needed repairs.

Roof (not just shingles) was replaced on May 3. Windows (seven, not the original 1) in May with a brick being broken on the house in the process. (That's a whole other issue.) Most of the gutters were replaced.

Toward the end of June, over the course of two days, two young men showed up and covered the inside of the house with plastic and smeared some spackling on a couple walls, even one that was to be removed and replaced. Roughly two days to accomplish about four hours of work.

June 24, the contractor call where he quit, thereby breaching his contract and backing out of the estimates sent to our insurance. We called insurance and they made note to not pay anything or say anything to the contractor as he had quit. They told us not to pay him either as he breached his contract.

So then he starts calling wanting his payment. I asked again for the proof of permitting and inquired about the inspection status. Also told him the warranty needed to be updated to cover the work done and not what was on the original (and only) contract signed. Told him when I had those things we would pay him. I sent an email requesting the same.

Weeks pass and he calls. Wanting to meet with the new warranty and to pick up a check. I told him again to email me the paperwork so we could review it. Nothing.

Another call to voicemail...then another. I emailed him back and said that he needed to send the paperwork for us to review before we do anything else.

Still nothing. Then another phone call to VM. I emailed him yesterday and sent him, again, my original email with our requests. That's when I let him know we had gone to the city and found out he hadn't registered as a contractor in the city until eight weeks after the work on our roof. And after the call when he quit and I said I wanted a permit. He didn't apply for a permit until ten days ago....three and half months after the work. The head of building inspections said that is not in keeping with city code.

So far our insurance company has said not to pay him, our mortgage company has said not to pay him, and the head of building inspections said the same. The building inspector said to blast the company on social media.

Last night there was a flurry of emails back and forth between the contractor and me. His tone went from pleasant to demanding to angry...some were actually almost funny with his foot-stomping tone. When I told him we were going to take the info we got from the city and the paperwork he was to send us to have it reviewed by a lawyer to determine the validity, he claimed I had threatened him. Then went on to say there is nothing he can do since we have decided to take legal action. Facepalm

Then he ranted that he already sent me the permit. Then he realized he hadn't. This went on till midnight.

I woke up to this: Well I need to know exactly what you want, and where you want it. Facepalm

I have spelled out what we want a half a dozen times.

We have decided not to respond for now. If/When we get the documents we have clearly outlined and have had a chance to review them we will proceed.

As it stands, we aren't trying to not pay him. The insurance money is available to pay him. We want documentation so that as homeowner's we are protected. He knows his company screwed up.

This is exhausting.

I won't get into how bad this company has/is screwing the elderly lady across the street. She spent the last money she had to her name to fix the AC that the construction guys didn't cover and it broke from having so much crap in it. The job foreman took the evidence from her when she showed it to him and asked what could be done about it since they were at fault. I am thisclose to contacting the media.

Goddamn vultures who take advantage of people during things likes this. Angry

Wow.

You need a stiff drink, maybe two. I can also let you borrow my Doberman if you want. Angel

We actually contacted a lawyer and are setting up an appointment. A neighbor has already been to the Attorney General.

The next contact the contractor has regarding this house will be from an attorney.

Censored

Edit - husband has legal coverage through work...like paying for insurance...it's time to use it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
30-08-2016, 11:23 AM
(30-08-2016 11:09 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Though my comment about Brian K. Vaughan (he is a writer of such comics as Y: The Last Man and Saga) was not totally without warrant. Earlier this year I won a Twitter contest he'd put on and he was supposed to send me the new volume of Saga plus some rare Saga stuff. I was soooo excited because I never win a damn thing, ever.

His FB page should still exist? Go slate him for the douchebag he is Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-08-2016, 12:00 PM

Something might be going on in his personal life that is causing him to avoid social media. Maybe give it a month or two and try again.
30-08-2016, 01:04 PM
I've been watching all of this Canadian apologist's videos...he sucks at his job. God's Not Dead was accused of being theological masturbation, but watching this guy interact with these teenagers, this is theological masturbation.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user