Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-08-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-08-2016 12:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 11:09 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Though my comment about Brian K. Vaughan (he is a writer of such comics as Y: The Last Man and Saga) was not totally without warrant. Earlier this year I won a Twitter contest he'd put on and he was supposed to send me the new volume of Saga plus some rare Saga stuff. I was soooo excited because I never win a damn thing, ever.

Well, kept waiting and nothing showed up. I messaged him again to make sure he'd received my mailing address (which I had sent to him immediately after I won, when he asked for it) and he didn't respond. Next thing I knew, he was totally gone from Twitter. Found through a Google search that showed cached images of his Twitter page that he was taking a break from all social media.

So now, I didn't get the stuff I was promised and I've no real way to contact him. So yeah I'm hurt by it. And I'm no longer going to buy Saga (or any of his other comics) as I was doing. Just got my feelings hurt, is all. Maybe I'm being butthurt but so what. Being butthurt is a good enough reason for me to not give him my hard-earned money. Hobo

Something might be going on in his personal life that is causing him to avoid social media. Maybe give it a month or two and try again.

Yeah, maybe so. Though it sounded like more of a creative break - like the social media stuff was distracting him from writing. Anyway, I wrote the e-mail address Vosur suggested and someone got back to me and said they're sure that Brian did not forget or anything and that it probably will just take a little while but they said they'd mention it to him just in case.

So now I feel... eh. I dunno. I'd rather have some kind of answer on it. Brian did say after I won that someone from the Saga team would send me something sometime but fuck that is too vague for me. I want dates, dammit! This is maddening! I mean, what if I were to move and he sent it? Then some other chump would get my stuff! Oye. Hobo

I never win anything. I don't know how these things go. That is my excuse. Unsure

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
30-08-2016, 06:40 PM
(30-08-2016 05:56 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 12:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Something might be going on in his personal life that is causing him to avoid social media. Maybe give it a month or two and try again.

Yeah, maybe so. Though it sounded like more of a creative break - like the social media stuff was distracting him from writing. Anyway, I wrote the e-mail address Vosur suggested and someone got back to me and said they're sure that Brian did not forget or anything and that it probably will just take a little while but they said they'd mention it to him just in case.

So now I feel... eh. I dunno. I'd rather have some kind of answer on it. Brian did say after I won that someone from the Saga team would send me something sometime but fuck that is too vague for me. I want dates, dammit! This is maddening! I mean, what if I were to move and he sent it? Then some other chump would get my stuff! Oye. Hobo

I never win anything. I don't know how these things go. That is my excuse. Unsure

You win my admiration and respect. But that won't even get you a small beer. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-08-2016, 09:41 PM
I get to work at 0630. Sunday I left at 2045. Last night 2130. And tonight 2200. I'm over it. I'm over unsafe assignments. My patient almost fucking died today and it would have been my license. My ass in court. I was off the y it with one of my patients for over two hours and called several times to make sure my patient was being watched. My charge nurse is ducking worthless. What the fuck does she do all day?

I'll be updating my résumé tomorrow if I don't sleep all day. I have two or three places in mind, but I'll probably end up back on nights and working every other weekend again. I work every third weekend right now.

If I didnt need my job so badly and wasn't afraid of retaliation, I'd be spearheading starting a union. This is ridiculous.

I've not had time to drink water and go to the bathroom so I have yet another UTI. At 1500 when my patients were finally stable, I ran to employee health ($29 for antibiotics and pyridium at the employee pharmacy - why the hell do I even pay insurance?!) and then finally got lunch at 1545. They take 30 minutes out of every shift for lunch - if I have to wait 9 hours before I can take a break, I ought to be fucking compensated.

If your nurse tells you the unit rule is two visitors, follow the goddamn rule. I don't have time to police you, and I get written up for you being a self centered prick. People are such shitheads. No I didn't make the rules but there are reasons for them, so follow them. Be thankful there's open visitation - I'm just asking you to swap out. You and your 15 family members drenched in cigarette smoke are getting in my way and making my patient anxious. Now get the fuck out. Oh, and to the old man who was in my way while I was trying to do my job who said, "Oh, are you about to get in my way?" - you're not funny, go fuck yourself you smelly cunt.

And when it's 8:30 pm, and your day shift nurse is at the desk still charting, don't ask her FOR ANYTHING unless your family member needs chest compressions - I don't care if they need to shit, or a soda, or a tissue, or just puked on themselves, if I had an office, I'd be sitting in it - I just spent 12+ hours at their bedside and I want to go home and they HAVE a nurse, and it's no longer me.

And who the hell records their nurses and doctors?! I should have called security, but I didn't have time.

Angry I hate everyone tonight.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
30-08-2016, 10:23 PM
(30-08-2016 09:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I get to work at 0630. Sunday I left at 2045. Last night 2130. And tonight 2200. I'm over it. I'm over unsafe assignments. My patient almost fucking died today and it would have been my license. My ass in court. I was off the y it with one of my patients for over two hours and called several times to make sure my patient was being watched. My charge nurse is ducking worthless. What the fuck does she do all day?

I'll be updating my résumé tomorrow if I don't sleep all day. I have two or three places in mind, but I'll probably end up back on nights and working every other weekend again. I work every third weekend right now.

If I didnt need my job so badly and wasn't afraid of retaliation, I'd be spearheading starting a union. This is ridiculous.

I've not had time to drink water and go to the bathroom so I have yet another UTI. At 1500 when my patients were finally stable, I ran to employee health ($29 for antibiotics and pyridium at the employee pharmacy - why the hell do I even pay insurance?!) and then finally got lunch at 1545. They take 30 minutes out of every shift for lunch - if I have to wait 9 hours before I can take a break, I ought to be fucking compensated.

If your nurse tells you the unit rule is two visitors, follow the goddamn rule. I don't have time to police you, and I get written up for you being a self centered prick. People are such shitheads. No I didn't make the rules but there are reasons for them, so follow them. Be thankful there's open visitation - I'm just asking you to swap out. You and your 15 family members drenched in cigarette smoke are getting in my way and making my patient anxious. Now get the fuck out. Oh, and to the old man who was in my way while I was trying to do my job who said, "Oh, are you about to get in my way?" - you're not funny, go fuck yourself you smelly cunt.

And when it's 8:30 pm, and your day shift nurse is at the desk still charting, don't ask her FOR ANYTHING unless your family member needs chest compressions - I don't care if they need to shit, or a soda, or a tissue, or just puked on themselves, if I had an office, I'd be sitting in it - I just spent 12+ hours at their bedside and I want to go home and they HAVE a nurse, and it's no longer me.

And who the hell records their nurses and doctors?! I should have called security, but I didn't have time.

Hug You're having a tough time, and I feel for you.

What do you mean by, '"And who the hell records their nurses and doctors?! I should have called security, but I didn't have time."? Do you mean that people record your activities while in the patient's room? If so, crazy shit, for sure.
30-08-2016, 11:22 PM
(30-08-2016 09:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  And who the hell records their nurses and doctors?! I should have called security, but I didn't have time.

Heart Sad That's... I don't know how people can act like this. Fuck them all Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Ducking HIPPA has morphed into the biggest bullshit ever.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-08-2016, 11:49 AM
(30-08-2016 09:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I get to work at 0630. Sunday I left at 2045. Last night 2130. And tonight 2200. I'm over it. I'm over unsafe assignments. My patient almost fucking died today and it would have been my license. My ass in court. I was off the y it with one of my patients for over two hours and called several times to make sure my patient was being watched. My charge nurse is ducking worthless. What the fuck does she do all day?

Ohmy

Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-08-2016, 11:53 AM
(31-08-2016 11:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ducking HIPPA has morphed into the biggest bullshit ever.

What do you mean? My docs won't even share my info with my wife until I sign a HIPPA release allowing them to.

#sigh
31-08-2016, 12:02 PM
(31-08-2016 11:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 11:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ducking HIPPA has morphed into the biggest bullshit ever.

What do you mean? My docs won't even share my info with my wife until I sign a HIPPA release allowing them to.

Yeah and that even applies to family members scheduling appointments they will rearrange their life for to bring the family member to said appointment. I'm not talking about talking to a doctor, but the act of scheduling an appointment for a test the stupid doctor ordered.

If your not on the "special list" then they just schedule it anyway without YOUR input, causing more issues.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-08-2016, 12:22 PM
(31-08-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 11:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What do you mean? My docs won't even share my info with my wife until I sign a HIPPA release allowing them to.

Yeah and that even applies to family members scheduling appointments they will rearrange their life for to bring the family member to said appointment. I'm not talking about talking to a doctor, but the act of scheduling an appointment for a test the stupid doctor ordered.

If your not on the "special list" then they just schedule it anyway without YOUR input, causing more issues.

But it's easy to get on the "special list". Patient just has to sign a HIPPA release specifying you. .... Doesn't apply to juveniles.

#sigh