Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-09-2016, 03:13 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-09-2016 10:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, I got dumped via text message tonight - I didn't see this coming. Guess y'all will be seeing more of me again. I realize I'm a slight bit eccentric - I'm sitting here in a t shirt with a car wearing sunglasses surrounded by the universe - but I must be crazier than I realize to always be the dumpee and never the dumper. I suck at this dating thing.

Earlier today Mom told my nephew, "She is a bit scattered and needs help, but there isn't a mean bone in her body." I'm not getting dumped for being a bitch or nagging. Maybe that's the problem - I see men with wretched bitchy women who play mind games all the time. His ex wife fits into that category; hell, she airs their dirty laundry all over Facebook by talking shit about him and even their kids.

I'm going to paint some more herb pots and spend time with my nephew on my non custodial weeks. Like this week.

I'm sad about it. I really liked him.
Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2016, 03:38 AM
(06-09-2016 10:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, I got dumped via text message tonight - I didn't see this coming. Guess y'all will be seeing more of me again. I realize I'm a slight bit eccentric - I'm sitting here in a t shirt with a car wearing sunglasses surrounded by the universe - but I must be crazier than I realize to always be the dumpee and never the dumper. I suck at this dating thing.

Earlier today Mom told my nephew, "She is a bit scattered and needs help, but there isn't a mean bone in her body." I'm not getting dumped for being a bitch or nagging. Maybe that's the problem - I see men with wretched bitchy women who play mind games all the time. His ex wife fits into that category; hell, she airs their dirty laundry all over Facebook by talking shit about him and even their kids.

I'm going to paint some more herb pots and spend time with my nephew on my non custodial weeks. Like this week.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
07-09-2016, 04:57 AM
Cat shirt. Not car shirt. Damn typos.

He's allergic to cats so we wouldn't have been able to have cat babies. I suppose it's for the best.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-09-2016, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 11:29 AM by Shai Hulud.)

Sorry Sad Been dumped by text before too, it's a rotten way to do it.

Edit: For fudge's sake, the bookstore ordered the wrong edition of the textbook. It's not the same ISBN as the one I gave them. Fortunately this time, it's okay, because it's the previous edition I told the students they probably want to use anyhow, but still (there's an 11 page difference and about $100 cost difference between the two editions, so as far as I'm concerned, I'll lecture that 11 pages worth of additions), it's the principle of the thing that they screwed up as usual. Colleagues who have been here longer say it's not a new semester without the bookstore screwing up at least one person in each department's order. Glad they stocked the cheaper edition for my students as a screw up though, can't complain about that. Normally I encourage them to shop around or rent, or get the edition the bookstore is apparently selling now, to save some money.

Edit 2: Make that ALL of my classes they ordered the wrong editions. Also talked to head of Geography, they ordered two different editions for one section of one of his classes.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 11:22 AM

Hug There are stupid people everywhere who can't see what they have in front of them.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-09-2016, 09:04 PM
A person I know posted on Facebook about how he has Catholic artwork in his portfolio, and he won't take it out. And any employer who would refuse to hire him due to it is one that he couldn't work for in good conscience anyhow, and people of faith do have a place in the work world.

Uh that's nice dude. How do you and the 30+ people who liked your persecution complex post know that you're not getting hired due to that? I hate when people cry persecution due to faith in things where probably faith has nothing to do with it, or persecution in general for Christian beliefs, when there are people dying for believing in Christ elsewhere.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2016, 12:24 AM
(07-09-2016 09:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A person I know posted on Facebook about how he has Catholic artwork in his portfolio, and he won't take it out. And any employer who would refuse to hire him due to it is one that he couldn't work for in good conscience anyhow, and people of faith do have a place in the work world.

Uh that's nice dude. How do you and the 30+ people who liked your persecution complex post know that you're not getting hired due to that? I hate when people cry persecution due to faith in things where probably faith has nothing to do with it, or persecution in general for Christian beliefs, when there are people dying for believing in Christ elsewhere.

You'd be surprised how many people don't care and will hire the cheapest kid out of college, hoping they can get away with paying them little to nothing.

[Image: exposure.png]

Conversely, if the job isn't interested mooching the ascetics of christian faith, then maybe he simply isn't the right person for the job. Art is about as subjective as you can get, and not everyone put in charge of hiring artists are even themselves terribly familiar with it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-09-2016, 05:47 AM

One thing to be said for it --- being the "dumpee" -- you don't have to waste your time figuring out how to do it.......

But -- by text?????

What a fucking coward....

You're SOOOO better off without a spineless jackass like that.....

Don't worry --- some guy will be stinking up half the place before long......

I don't think you could find a good enough repellent to keep guys away....

Perhaps Raid could come out with a "Mansecticide" just for that purpose.....

My older sister would probably buy some......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-09-2016, 05:54 AM
(08-09-2016 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

One thing to be said for it --- being the "dumpee" -- you don't have to waste your time figuring out how to do it.......

But -- by text?????

What a fucking coward....

You're SOOOO better off without a spineless jackass like that.....

Don't worry --- some guy will be stinking up half the place before long......

I don't think you could find a good enough repellent to keep guys away....

Perhaps Raid could come out with a "Mansecticide" just for that purpose.....

My older sister would probably buy some......

Big Grin

Text seems to be the preferred method these days. My wife's ex boyfriend that she had before meeting me, dumped her in an email. Maybe it was a text. I don't remember exactly. It was about 10 years ago.
08-09-2016, 08:52 AM
10 and a quarter hours at work tonight. Was suppose to be a 4-hour shift which turned into 6 hours which turned into 8 which turned into 10 and a quarter.
I'm too old for this shit.

Oh and I cut my thumb with the safety knife. ><
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post