Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-09-2016, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 11:02 AM by Birdguy1979.)
RE: Ranting corner
(08-09-2016 08:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  10 and a quarter hours at work tonight. Was suppose to be a 4-hour shift which turned into 6 hours which turned into 8 which turned into 10 and a quarter.
I'm too old for this shit.

Oh and I cut my thumb with the safety knife. ><

Security in your country is allowed to have knives? Where I am from, unarmed security is not supposed to have anything more than a pen to write with, a pad to write on, and a cell phone to make and receive calls. Now that I don't do security work, I always have a multi-tool with pliers and a knife. As security I could have been arrested for having that. Safety knife or not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 10:58 AM
This hair color I am trying better make my hair look glorious.

I don't think the manufacturer could have made it smell any worse and I have to have it in my hair for 35 minutes. UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Pics or idh

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
08-09-2016, 11:19 AM
(08-09-2016 08:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  10 and a quarter hours at work tonight. Was suppose to be a 4-hour shift which turned into 6 hours which turned into 8 which turned into 10 and a quarter.

[Image: fleshc.jpg?1307600938]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-09-2016, 05:10 PM
(08-09-2016 10:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Security in your country is allowed to have knives? Where I am from, unarmed security is not supposed to have anything more than a pen to write with, a pad to write on, and a cell phone to make and receive calls. Now that I don't do security work, I always have a multi-tool with pliers and a knife. As security, I could have been arrested for having that. Safety knife or not.

I primarily do security but sometimes I do nightfill which is stocking shelves, changing displays, getting the store ready for the next days trading.
So I did my 4-hour security shift and the rest was nightfill.

I also do shopfloor which is like nightfill but during the day and more customer focused and checkouts occasionally. i just mostly do security because I get a higher pay grade for doing it. It's $2 an hour more than if I did the others.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-09-2016, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 08:47 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(08-09-2016 12:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Conversely, if the job isn't interested mooching the ascetics of christian faith, then maybe he simply isn't the right person for the job. Art is about as subjective as you can get, and not everyone put in charge of hiring artists are even themselves terribly familiar with it.

Agreed on all points.

Edit: From a site I'm on, about the election. Facepalm
Quote:I'm not white and I don't think Trump is a racist. I'm a woman I don't think he's sexist. I just think he's a blowhard. He makes me laugh a lot. I think a Trump presidency would be great laughs.

What irks me is Hilary shouldn't even be the nominee!!!

America has been murdering its unborn for 50 years. We don't deserve any better than these two nominees... We deserve an invasion by ISIS, a tidal wave sending us all into the bottom of the ocean, bubonic plagues, locusts, rivers turning into blood, etc. etc. etc.

And the post after this was a series of Catholic monarchs, to reinforce this one Canadian guy's idea that we need a return to Catholic monarchies.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-09-2016, 05:58 PM
I truly hate my body as a whole...
Constantly getting sick and never just a cold, no why not just have the lungs suffer a little more than they do already.
Oh wait, getting better? No no no... we are not getting better now, *poof* lumbago.
But oh wait, it's getting better? Well fuck you, how about your knees, they haven't bothered you in two whole days, let's just prevent you from walking normally now.
Ooph, you decided to sit down so the knees don't hurt? Ok let's have your legs swell then, because fuck you, and as we are at it, why not some insomnia to top it off.

Did I mention that I hate my body?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
10-09-2016, 08:35 AM
I recently decided I would try saving money by buying my engine oil in bulk -- and get a 55 gallon drum....

I want to use a full synthetic 5-30 oil - as it will work well in all our vehicles.

Now -- any student of economics knows that you pay for packaging. So - if you buy in bulk - you save money.......

Apparently the oil cartels didn't get the memo...........

I've been all over the internet -- and the ONLY cheap stuff is from SINOPEC -- the Chinese state run oil company - and they're obviously students of economics - because their oil IS cheaper in bulk... Unfortunately -- I don't trust their quality control...

Look around - for Valvoline or Mobil 1 full synthetic -- it's MORE expensive in a 55 gallon drum - than going to Wal-Mart and buying it in quarts....

In some places -- up to 4 times more expensive....................

Go figure that one out.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-09-2016, 08:47 PM
(10-09-2016 08:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I recently decided I would try saving money by buying my engine oil in bulk -- and get a 55 gallon drum....

I want to use a full synthetic 5-30 oil - as it will work well in all our vehicles.

Now -- any student of economics knows that you pay for packaging. So - if you buy in bulk - you save money.......

I've been all over the internet -- and the ONLY cheap stuff is from SINOPEC -- the Chinese state run oil company - and they're obviously students of economics - because their oil IS cheaper in bulk... Unfortunately -- I don't trust their quality control...

Look around - for Valvoline or Mobil 1 full synthetic -- it's MORE expensive in a 55 gallon drum - than going to Wal-Mart and buying it in quarts....

Because they'll ship the normal size ones in mass bulk whereas the 55 gallon drum would be a special order and so more work.

The normal 5L (just over a gallon) come in boxes of 5 and you can fit a lot of boxes onto a shipping pallet. 20-30 boxes maybe? And then you can fit a couple shipping pallets in a shipping container. The 55-gallon drums are round, they're large and heavy and you can't put hundreds into a single shipping container.

The mark-up would also be less than the regular bottles so it's more profit to sell it in smaller quantities so the price you pay is competitive with the smaller bottles.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-09-2016, 09:01 PM
(10-09-2016 08:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I recently decided I would try saving money by buying my engine oil in bulk -- and get a 55 gallon drum....

You're going to have to find a wholesaler, and unless you're running a mechanic shop or something they probably won't do business with you.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post