Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-09-2016, 12:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Butterflies and caterpillars, i hate them.

Yesterday i discovered that a whole gang of caterpillars preyed on my beloved radich. I was wondering for some time who was eating up all the leaves, but closer inspection revealed it was a bunch of butterly f###s who were doing all this, and those bastiches were wearing camo of exactly the same colour as the radiches themselves.

So, after some pondering i went for the nuclear option, "scorched earth", no prisoners, no quarter given.

Pulled out all the remaining radich, but not after tracking down each caterpillar and cutting it in half with a pair of scissors (wanted to use a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, but didnt have a blowtorch), then i took half of the soil out (hence "scorched earth") to remove all possible remaining invaders. Now im gonna have the sun burn (balcony is south side and we are having a heatwave atm here) out everything that is left. Too bad i dont have any napalm at hand. Censored

So watch out, little thripses, preying on my basil. After stating my first example, you will be next, and im gonna get medieval on your asses!

[Image: Ving-Rhames-Marsellus-Wallace-Pulp-Ficti...ur-ass.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
11-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Gently rocking your head side to side gets rid of pins and needles.

My life has completely changed.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-09-2016, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2016 10:33 AM by kim.)
I was god blessed in the restroom of the truckstop for participating in smalltalk about a tee shirt I'm wearing.
Angel

I always ponder this shit. Blink

Is it possible that some people are just so lonely and have such a shitty sense of self, they think their god must have momentarily hung a porkchop around their neck to get others to play with them? I get this feeling sometimes and I'm always kind of surprised by it.

I think nothing of relating to another fellow traveler. In fact, I consider it customary among humans to tip the hat or give a nod of recognition. I see no reason to include a third party in this transaction. Unless of course, we're both being chased by a lion. If a hungry lion is included, then yes, relating an out of body experience might be appropriate with an accompanying beverage.

But seriously, we're both in the toilet for the same animal reason - no need to mask your self consciousness. Are you trying to say to me, "Wow, god makes me shit, too!" ..? Because that's how it seems. Just BE and if one must exchange a peasantry, don't advertise because I'm not in here for heroin or god or sex.

Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-09-2016, 10:16 AM
(11-09-2016 12:14 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Butterflies and caterpillars, i hate them.

Yesterday i discovered that a whole gang of caterpillars preyed on my beloved radich. I was wondering for some time who was eating up all the leaves, but closer inspection revealed it was a bunch of butterly f###s who were doing all this, and those bastiches were wearing camo of exactly the same colour as the radiches themselves.

So, after some pondering i went for the nuclear option, "scorched earth", no prisoners, no quarter given.

Pulled out all the remaining radich, but not after tracking down each caterpillar and cutting it in half with a pair of scissors (wanted to use a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, but didnt have a blowtorch), then i took half of the soil out (hence "scorched earth") to remove all possible remaining invaders. Now im gonna have the sun burn (balcony is south side and we are having a heatwave atm here) out everything that is left. Too bad i dont have any napalm at hand. Censored

So watch out, little thripses, preying on my basil. After stating my first example, you will be next, and im gonna get medieval on your asses!

Lol I had tomato hornworms (big fat green caterpillars) demolish my tomato crops last year. So I caught every last one of 'em, dropped 'em into a pitcher of water, and walked away.

I feel a lil bad now....

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
11-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Quote:I was god blessed in the restroom of the truckstop for participating in smalltalk about a tee shirt I'm wearing.

In all fairness, I have occasionally seen women in T-shirts that made me feel like I had seen God, or at least his mistress...Yes Bowing
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
11-09-2016, 01:21 PM
(11-09-2016 01:07 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I was god blessed in the restroom of the truckstop for participating in smalltalk about a tee shirt I'm wearing.

In all fairness, I have occasionally seen women in T-shirts that made me feel like I had seen God, or at least his mistress...Yes Bowing

There is much beauty to be found in nature, and the female body is no exception.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-09-2016, 01:28 PM
(11-09-2016 01:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 01:07 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  In all fairness, I have occasionally seen women in T-shirts that made me feel like I had seen God, or at least his mistress...Yes Bowing

There is much beauty to be found in nature, and the female body is no exception.

Yet another thing to be grateful to evolution for! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
11-09-2016, 01:30 PM
(11-09-2016 10:16 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 12:14 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Butterflies and caterpillars, i hate them.

Lol I had tomato hornworms (big fat green caterpillars) demolish my tomato crops last year. So I caught every last one of 'em, dropped 'em into a pitcher of water, and walked away.

I feel a lil bad now....

Dont feel bad. They are evil caterpillar bastiches! I will remember your "water solution" for the problem Evil_monster
Yeah, everybody is concerned about their tomatos, but acutally mine are just fine for some reason (they just eat up water like there is no tomorrow). The only mistake i made is planting two of them simultaneously, and now i have enough tomatos to feed China for a week. I have eaten so many, i am getting allergic to them, brought them to office and anoyed my co-workers to grab em. Blush

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
12-09-2016, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 09:49 AM by Anjele.)
As many of you know I am currently out of work and as such had to sign up for 'help' finding a job with the unemployment office.

Every so often they send me a list of jobs that I am supposedly qualified for based on my work/job history.

Here is one that I was sent yesterday...how they decided that someone who has done bookkeeping work for decades fits this profile is beyond me. I think I'll keep looking.

Anatomical Embalmer Office of the President

Participates in embalming, storage, and disposal of cadavers used in anatomical teaching. Participates in preparation of prosected teaching materials and anatomical demonstration and preparation and storage of body specimens.
Prepares packages for shipping of specimens to outside institutions and prepares prosected teaching material for university courses.
Clean dissecting tables and tanks, cadaver storage cooler and freezer, and mortuary equipment. Prepares cadavers and anatomical tissues for cremation in accordance with manner prescribed by State Anatomical Board.
Meets and/or contacts next-of-kin to obtain additional information to complete first call sheet, death certificate or cremation forms, and report of death; answers any questions family may have.
Picks-up and transports donors to Willed Body Program from hospitals, nursing homes, and private residences both within and outside metroplex when in on-call status. Makes on-the-spot decisions with respect to acceptance of deceased donors who do not have will form on file with Willed Body Program, ensuring that prescribed criteria have been met before accepting donated remains.
Assists in maintenance of accurate records relating to receipt, issuance, and disposal of cadavers as required by State Anatomical Board; maintains accurate records for blood testing of all donors.
Cremates cadavers from other institutions in area accordance with manner prescribed by State Anatomical Board. Assists faculty members in preparation for anatomy classes as requested and all other internal department courses held in gross laboratory.
Performs other duties as assigned.

Edit - please note second to last sentence.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
12-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Wow! That's pretty involved!
Sounds more like 2 or 3 jobs instead of just 1. Sadcryface

They better pay a lot and have incredible benefits for that. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein