Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-09-2016 10:17 AM)kim Wrote:  Wow! That's pretty involved!
Sounds more like 2 or 3 jobs instead of just 1. Sadcryface

They better pay a lot and have incredible benefits for that. Drinking Beverage

Well it is at UT Southwestern so pay and benefits might be okay. And my daughter's husband's stepmother is a professor there so I could have an 'in'.

But, no, just no. No

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-09-2016, 10:28 AM
(12-09-2016 07:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  As many of you know I am currently out of work and as such had to sign up for 'help' finding a job with the unemployment office.

Every so often they send me a list of jobs that I am supposedly qualified for based on my work/job history.

Here is one that I was sent yesterday...how they decided that someone who has done bookkeeping work for decades fits this profile is beyond me. I think I'll keep looking.

Anatomical Embalmer Office of the President

Participates in embalming, storage, and disposal of cadavers used in anatomical teaching. Participates in preparation of prosected teaching materials and anatomical demonstration and preparation and storage of body specimens.
Prepares packages for shipping of specimens to outside institutions and prepares prosected teaching material for university courses.
Clean dissecting tables and tanks, cadaver storage cooler and freezer, and mortuary equipment. Prepares cadavers and anatomical tissues for cremation in accordance with manner prescribed by State Anatomical Board.
Meets and/or contacts next-of-kin to obtain additional information to complete first call sheet, death certificate or cremation forms, and report of death; answers any questions family may have.
Picks-up and transports donors to Willed Body Program from hospitals, nursing homes, and private residences both within and outside metroplex when in on-call status. Makes on-the-spot decisions with respect to acceptance of deceased donors who do not have will form on file with Willed Body Program, ensuring that prescribed criteria have been met before accepting donated remains.
Assists in maintenance of accurate records relating to receipt, issuance, and disposal of cadavers as required by State Anatomical Board; maintains accurate records for blood testing of all donors.
Cremates cadavers from other institutions in area accordance with manner prescribed by State Anatomical Board. Assists faculty members in preparation for anatomy classes as requested and all other internal department courses held in gross laboratory.
Performs other duties as assigned.

Edit - please note second to last sentence.

In 1991, I got laid off from my engineering position. One of the job leads I was given as a possibility was for Quality Control in a dildo factory. Huh
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
12-09-2016, 10:29 AM
(12-09-2016 10:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 07:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  As many of you know I am currently out of work and as such had to sign up for 'help' finding a job with the unemployment office.

Every so often they send me a list of jobs that I am supposedly qualified for based on my work/job history.

Here is one that I was sent yesterday...how they decided that someone who has done bookkeeping work for decades fits this profile is beyond me. I think I'll keep looking.

Anatomical Embalmer Office of the President

Participates in embalming, storage, and disposal of cadavers used in anatomical teaching. Participates in preparation of prosected teaching materials and anatomical demonstration and preparation and storage of body specimens.
Prepares packages for shipping of specimens to outside institutions and prepares prosected teaching material for university courses.
Clean dissecting tables and tanks, cadaver storage cooler and freezer, and mortuary equipment. Prepares cadavers and anatomical tissues for cremation in accordance with manner prescribed by State Anatomical Board.
Meets and/or contacts next-of-kin to obtain additional information to complete first call sheet, death certificate or cremation forms, and report of death; answers any questions family may have.
Picks-up and transports donors to Willed Body Program from hospitals, nursing homes, and private residences both within and outside metroplex when in on-call status. Makes on-the-spot decisions with respect to acceptance of deceased donors who do not have will form on file with Willed Body Program, ensuring that prescribed criteria have been met before accepting donated remains.
Assists in maintenance of accurate records relating to receipt, issuance, and disposal of cadavers as required by State Anatomical Board; maintains accurate records for blood testing of all donors.
Cremates cadavers from other institutions in area accordance with manner prescribed by State Anatomical Board. Assists faculty members in preparation for anatomy classes as requested and all other internal department courses held in gross laboratory.
Performs other duties as assigned.

Edit - please note second to last sentence.

In 1991, I got laid off from my engineering position. One of the job leads I was given as a possibility was for Quality Control in a dildo factory. Huh

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-09-2016, 10:37 AM
(12-09-2016 10:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:  In 1991, I got laid off from my engineering position. One of the job leads I was given as a possibility was for Quality Control in a dildo factory. Huh

Laugh out load Testing division.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-09-2016, 10:43 AM
(12-09-2016 10:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:  In 1991, I got laid off from my engineering position. One of the job leads I was given as a possibility was for Quality Control in a dildo factory. Huh

and you didn't think you'd be satisfied in the end?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
12-09-2016, 10:44 AM
(12-09-2016 10:43 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

and you didn't think you'd be satisfied in the end?

There'd be inevitable friction

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2016, 10:47 AM
(12-09-2016 10:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 10:43 AM)unfogged Wrote:  and you didn't think you'd be satisfied in the end?

There'd be inevitable friction

It depends on how deeply involved he got with his work.

[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
12-09-2016, 10:49 AM
(12-09-2016 10:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 10:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  There'd be inevitable friction

It depends on how deeply involved he got with his work.

Oh come on, it'd be a pain in the ass.

12-09-2016, 10:51 AM
(12-09-2016 10:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 10:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  It depends on how deeply involved he got with his work.

Oh come on, it'd be a pain in the ass.

but very fulfilling

[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
12-09-2016, 10:58 AM
(12-09-2016 10:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 10:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh come on, it'd be a pain in the ass.

but very fulfilling

I guess... it would be comforting to know that the company was right behind you in a tight spot.