Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-09-2016 10:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 10:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  but very fulfilling

I guess... it would be comforting to know that the company was right behind you in a tight spot.

I'm sure they'd be willing to bend if you really drive the point home.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
12-09-2016, 11:29 AM
(12-09-2016 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 10:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  I guess... it would be comforting to know that the company was right behind you in a tight spot.

I'm sure they'd be willing to bend if you really drive the point home.
Dodgy

I think I could do nearly anything as long as I limited it to a couple of years.
Eventually, it would just become repetitive and mundane. No one wants to end up feeling bored, hollow and unfulfilled, regardless of benefits.

It's just a job, not a relationship... right? Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-09-2016, 11:32 AM
(12-09-2016 11:29 AM)kim Wrote:  Dodgy

I think I could do nearly anything as long as I limited it to a couple of years.
Eventually, it would just become repetitive and mundane. No one wants to end up feeling bored, hollow and unfulfilled, regardless of benefits.

I cannot be in charge of cadavers...even for a short while...I just can't. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-09-2016, 11:35 AM
(12-09-2016 11:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 11:29 AM)kim Wrote:  Dodgy

I cannot be in charge of cadavers...even for a short while...I just can't. Weeping

Well, they're already dead... it's not like you could fuck it up any worse for them. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-09-2016, 11:40 AM
(12-09-2016 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 11:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I cannot be in charge of cadavers...even for a short while...I just can't. Weeping

Well, they're already dead... it's not like you could fuck it up any worse for them. Shy

Oh, you really don't know me then, do you? Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-09-2016, 11:44 AM
(12-09-2016 11:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  Well, they're already dead... it's not like you could fuck it up any worse for them. Shy

Oh, you really don't know me then, do you? Sadcryface

Consider Do you turn into Mr Bean around corpses, or something?

Are you saying that if I invite you to a funeral, we'll end up with a Lucy sketch? 'Cause... I'd kinda be up for that. Smile

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Quote:I cannot be in charge of cadavers...even for a short while...I just can't. Weeping

lol...that has always seemed odd to me though, this fear people have of corpses. Uncomfortable I understand, seeing our mortality, etc...but many outright fear corpses. All from Hollywood?
Back in the 8o's I was an EMT (Emergency medical technician for those unfamiliar) with a volunteer fire department. The county that provided us the EMT training required that we work a certain number of hours in the county hospital to repay them.
We did alot of things, most of them in the emergency room. But one thing we were LOVED for was our willingness to go draw blood from corpses in the morgue for toxicology.
These were nurses, who were scared witless to go get blood from a corpse!

How odd. I wonder why, evolutionary-wise, so many people have a fear of dead bodies?
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
12-09-2016, 12:05 PM
(12-09-2016 10:17 AM)kim Wrote:  Wow! That's pretty involved!
Sounds more like 2 or 3 jobs instead of just 1. Sadcryface

They better pay a lot and have incredible benefits for that. Drinking Beverage

Maybe its 'all you can eat'? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-09-2016, 12:09 PM
(12-09-2016 11:48 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I cannot be in charge of cadavers...even for a short while...I just can't. Weeping

lol...that has always seemed odd to me though, this fear people have of corpses. Uncomfortable I understand, seeing our mortality, etc...but many outright fear corpses. All from Hollywood?
Back in the 8o's I was an EMT (Emergency medical technician for those unfamiliar) with a volunteer fire department. The county that provided us the EMT training required that we work a certain number of hours in the county hospital to repay them.
We did alot of things, most of them in the emergency room. But one thing we were LOVED for was our willingness to go draw blood from corpses in the morgue for toxicology.

How odd. I wonder why, evolutionary-wise, so many people have a fear of dead bodies?

In a word, disease.

Avoidance of decay and disease would be evolutionarily selected for.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2016, 12:11 PM
(12-09-2016 11:48 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  

I'm with you, DarkO - I think it's contrary. :thumbs:
I'm kind of not joking when I say I'd rather be "in charge" of the dead instead of the living, a hospital situation... it would be safer for everyone involved. Wink

Actually, I think it would take a great deal of sensitivity and care to respectfully handle the dead - if for no one but their loved ones. No one performs this in our homogenized American culture. In other cultures, family members bathe and clothe the dead person and physically put it's body into the ground or on a fire.

To me, once there's no life in there, it's just a thing. Someone's got to do something with it ... seems pretty cut and dried. Live people are messy but, dead ones - no fuss, no muss. Most likely, a fuck ton of paperwork, though. Shy