Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-09-2016 01:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 11:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I'm sure they'd be willing to bend if you really drive the point home.

I'm only quoting Unfogged, but you guys are killin' me! Laugh out load Thanks for the laughs! Bowing

For the record, I did not take the job, in the end. Laugh out load

But in the behind...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-09-2016, 02:51 PM
(12-09-2016 02:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 01:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm only quoting Unfogged, but you guys are killin' me! Laugh out load Thanks for the laughs! Bowing

For the record, I did not take the job, in the end. Laugh out load

But in the behind...

We all stepped gingerly around that one, but you just had to jump on it... Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
12-09-2016, 02:59 PM
(12-09-2016 12:54 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 12:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am really not terribly squeamish. I was introduced at an early age to post mortems performed on animals. But if you read all the duties of this job it also requires picking up bodies from facilities and cleaning labs. I could maybe do that...the dealing with the loved ones, etc. all of it combined is a bit too much for me. The 'creepy' factor is really not the biggest issue.

I agree - that seemed like an extremely loaded down list. Would that position allow for hiring an assistant or two? That just seemed like a lot of different jobs for one person to do, unless it's in a sleepy little town where only five or six people die every couple of months. Shy

In the heart of Dallas...not a sleepy little town...and it's at one of the biggest hospitals/teaching facilities around.

Nope, nope, nope.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-09-2016, 03:15 PM
(12-09-2016 02:51 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 02:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  But in the behind...

We all stepped gingerly around that one, but you just had to jump on it... Big Grin

All that word play was amusing me immensely, that's why I purposely dropped another straight line! Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
12-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Youth Minister from home posted an article from home about a 9 year old taking his own life due to bullying...it pisses me off so much that this goes on in our society. And while I agree with the comment he posted about it mainly, the last sentence makes me angry too. "It says a lot about how bad bullying has gotten, and the very state of our humanity and our culture, when 9-year-olds are being driven past the point of no return. Come, Lord Jesus." No, how about we mourn the kid without invoking the apocalypse and killing a lot more people who don't deserve it?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-09-2016, 12:34 AM
(12-09-2016 09:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Youth Minister from home posted an article from home about a 9 year old taking his own life due to bullying...it pisses me off so much that this goes on in our society. And while I agree with the comment he posted about it mainly, the last sentence makes me angry too. "It says a lot about how bad bullying has gotten, and the very state of our humanity and our culture, when 9-year-olds are being driven past the point of no return. Come, Lord Jesus." No, how about we mourn the kid without invoking the apocalypse and killing a lot more people who don't deserve it?

I know this probably won't go down too well here in my liberal friends' hangout, but...I have a problem with all this "stop the bullying" crap. While I agree that bullying shouldn't be allowed, it IS going to happen- just like puppies bite each others' ears, kids tease and torment each other. All the peace and love and rainbows and angel farts in the world will not stop it. So people need to quit raising their kids to be candy asses.
Puppies bite ears and wrestle and children torment because it's evolution/nature's way of teaching us to defend ourselves in a relatively safe environment, so that when we get out in the real world and some jackass tries to step on us, we can handle it. All the wishing in the world will not keep your child from being picked on...it's the way we raise resilient members of the tribe.
Teach your kid to give as good as he gets- teach him to be quick witted, snappy with a comeback. Teach him not to feel intimidated. Teach him to protect those younger and smaller or weaker than himself. And if all else fails, teach him (or her) to knock little Billy on his ass if he crosses the physical line.

Or, continue to live in a dream world and tell him or her to GO FIND AN ADULT! Because we know how much kids love a tattletale! That always works out well, I remember the most popular kids at my school were always the ones who ran and told the teacher at every little thing.

Give your kid self confidence and a REASON to feel self confident (btw, they have to actually win a trophy, not just get one, like everybody else) and you'll find the other kids not only don't pick on them, but they look to them for cues, as to behavior.
"Leader" is the word, I believe. All of my kids turned out this way, loving, caring, gentle leaders, but they will not tolerate shit from anyone. I could not possibly be prouder of them as adults.

Just my rant for the day. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
13-09-2016, 03:49 AM
Got my PC back from the shop with a new motherboard.
Unfortunately it does not natively have a wifi adapter...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-09-2016, 04:00 AM
(13-09-2016 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got my PC back from the shop with a new motherboard.
If you've got about $15 to spare, you can buy a WiFi PCIe card and stick it into your motherboard. Alternatively, you can get your Internet connection from an electrical outlet by buying a pair of Netgear Powerline adapters and plugging the LAN cable from your router in one of them and the LAN cable from your computer in the other one.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-09-2016, 05:52 AM
(12-09-2016 09:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Youth Minister from home posted an article from home about a 9 year old taking his own life due to bullying...it pisses me off so much that this goes on in our society. And while I agree with the comment he posted about it mainly, the last sentence makes me angry too. "It says a lot about how bad bullying has gotten, and the very state of our humanity and our culture, when 9-year-olds are being driven past the point of no return. Come, Lord Jesus." No, how about we mourn the kid without invoking the apocalypse and killing a lot more people who don't deserve it?

I was bullied quite badly when I was younger. It is why I take such a hard stance on welfare programs and the like. Nobody gave a shit or helped me, ever!. The only time things got better was when I showed that I was not going to back down and would physically defend myself. I will not allow my kids to get bullied. I will teach them from an early age to spot what words might effect the target most. I am easily able to spot weakness and can shut down most people. My wife is heavy, but has some really nice features if you know what I mean. We were at the lake and some women were laughing at her. My reaction was to call the one with tiny almost non-existent breasts a "titless wonder". I turned my attention to the others and I guess judging by the look I was giving them, they didn't want to play. I made the one cry and I am proud of that, because she made my wife want to cry. Mutually assured destruction, that is the name of the bullying game. They don't want to try to make you cry if you can do the same to them. In my case, I am cold and dead on the inside, so say what you want. It is almost impossible to get a reaction out of me.
13-09-2016, 06:20 AM
(13-09-2016 04:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got my PC back from the shop with a new motherboard.
If you've got about $15 to spare, you can buy a WiFi PCIe card and stick it into your motherboard. Alternatively, you can get your Internet connection from an electrical outlet by buying a pair of Netgear Powerline adapters and plugging the LAN cable from your router in one of them and the LAN cable from your computer in the other one.

Got an Ethernet cable running from the modem, do it has internet connection now. Just need to get M the new drivers in so Windows will stop disliking the new board

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.