Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-09-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-09-2016 12:34 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 09:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Youth Minister from home posted an article from home about a 9 year old taking his own life due to bullying...it pisses me off so much that this goes on in our society. And while I agree with the comment he posted about it mainly, the last sentence makes me angry too. "It says a lot about how bad bullying has gotten, and the very state of our humanity and our culture, when 9-year-olds are being driven past the point of no return. Come, Lord Jesus." No, how about we mourn the kid without invoking the apocalypse and killing a lot more people who don't deserve it?

I know this probably won't go down too well here in my liberal friends' hangout, but...I have a problem with all this "stop the bullying" crap. While I agree that bullying shouldn't be allowed, it IS going to happen- just like puppies bite each others' ears, kids tease and torment each other. All the peace and love and rainbows and angel farts in the world will not stop it. So people need to quit raising their kids to be candy asses.
Puppies bite ears and wrestle and children torment because it's evolution/nature's way of teaching us to defend ourselves in a relatively safe environment, so that when we get out in the real world and some jackass tries to step on us, we can handle it. All the wishing in the world will not keep your child from being picked on...it's the way we raise resilient members of the tribe.
Teach your kid to give as good as he gets- teach him to be quick witted, snappy with a comeback. Teach him not to feel intimidated. Teach him to protect those younger and smaller or weaker than himself. And if all else fails, teach him (or her) to knock little Billy on his ass if he crosses the physical line.

Or, continue to live in a dream world and tell him or her to GO FIND AN ADULT! Because we know how much kids love a tattletale! That always works out well, I remember the most popular kids at my school were always the ones who ran and told the teacher at every little thing.

Give your kid self confidence and a REASON to feel self confident (btw, they have to actually win a trophy, not just get one, like everybody else) and you'll find the other kids not only don't pick on them, but they look to them for cues, as to behavior.
"Leader" is the word, I believe. All of my kids turned out this way, loving, caring, gentle leaders, but they will not tolerate shit from anyone. I could not possibly be prouder of them as adults.

Just my rant for the day. Big Grin

There's nothing more fucking pathetic than a " participant" trophy.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Quote:There's nothing more fucking pathetic than a " participant" trophy.

THANK YOU!

I remember 4th grade, the only time I was ever bullied. It went on for about half the year, this kid named "Wally". What a dumb name.
He just tormented me, for no reason I could ever discern. He had a little "crew" that followed him around, laughing at his idiotic jokes. I still have no idea why he singled me out.
I never considered telling the teacher...that just isn't the right way to handle things. I instinctively knew that, at any rate.
I tolerated him until right before the Christmas break. We were out on the playground and he grabbed my t-shirt and yanked it over my head and shoved me down. I got up, pulled my shirt down, and beat the ever loving snot out of the kid. First time I had ever just let loose on someone- not my first fight, but my first...berserker moment.
We were sent to the principals office, We waited outside and were called in one at a time. When I went in, the principal said "I've been watching Wally pick on you since school started. What took you so long?" I told him it was the first time he had ever really gotten physical with me. He replied "Good answer. Head on back to class."
That was the end of it. Wally got a week's detention. He left me- and everyone else- alone after that. In 7th grade, he went by "walter". We got to be friends, and are to this day.

Go figure.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
13-09-2016, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2016 02:27 PM by Birdguy1979.)
(13-09-2016 11:40 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:There's nothing more fucking pathetic than a " participant" trophy.

THANK YOU!

I remember 4th grade, the only time I was ever bullied. It went on for about half the year, this kid named "Wally". What a dumb name.
He just tormented me, for no reason I could ever discern. He had a little "crew" that followed him around, laughing at his idiotic jokes. I still have no idea why he singled me out.
I never considered telling the teacher...that just isn't the right way to handle things. I instinctively knew that, at any rate.
I tolerated him until right before the Christmas break. We were out on the playground and he grabbed my t-shirt and yanked it over my head and shoved me down. I got up, pulled my shirt down, and beat the ever loving snot out of the kid. First time I had ever just let loose on someone- not my first fight, but my first...berserker moment.
We were sent to the principals office, We waited outside and were called in one at a time. When I went in, the principal said "I've been watching Wally pick on you since school started. What took you so long?" I told him it was the first time he had ever really gotten physical with me. He replied "Good answer. Head on back to class."
That was the end of it. Wally got a week's detention. He left me- and everyone else- alone after that. In 7th grade, he went by "walter". We got to be friends, and are to this day.

Go figure.

I know exactly when my life turned to shit back in the day. I was 6 going on 7. Just freshly moved to a new town. I started the second grade. The sick sadistic bitch of a teacher loved to answer "no" to the question "Can I go use the bathroom?". Even though, she knew I obviously had to go, as I would go home with the clothes I went to school with in a plastic bag. If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now. I would wait for her to say "You don't really have to go." and say "Oh yeah!?" I would proceed to the nearest corner (nearest her desk) drop my pants and shit on the floor. I was always taught to respect and listen to my elders. No wonder I have no respect for the elderly. I have respect for the ones that respect me, but respect must be earned. Not given freely. As a result, the teasing went on for about a decade. Needless to say, I am quick to return fire and I go for the throat. It is not much fun for anyone that might want to try making fun of me. I might be one nasty son of a bitch according to some people that I have encountered. Life experience has made me that way. I used to be a nice kid.
13-09-2016, 02:31 PM
I'm not saying kids shouldn't try to stand up for themselves. Some kid in preschool kept picking on me and I shoved him in response and got time out. The teacher told my parents she was so proud of me for standing up for myself, but I had broken the rules. However, I think that what used to constitute bullying back when I was a kid, or when anyone in this thread was a kid, is not necessarily what kids get today. Sure there's going to be teasing and being picked on, maybe being shoved and such. However, now there's also constant harassment via phone, text, email, fake social media profiles used to humiliate or mock children, adults posing as kids to win the trust of those kids only to try and inflict emotional pain on them, etc. Either way, in this case, a nine year old is dead.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2016, 02:32 PM
(13-09-2016 01:00 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 11:40 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  THANK YOU!

Go figure.

I know exactly when my life turned to shit back in the day. I was 6 going on 7. Just freshly moved to a new town. I started the second grade. The sick sadistic bitch of a teacher loved to answer "no" to the question "Can I go use the bathroom?". Even though, she knew I obviously had to go, as I would go home with the clothes I went to school with in a plastic bag. If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now. I would wait for her to say "You don't really have to go." and say "Oh yeah!?" I would proceed to the nearest corner (nearest her desk) drop my pants and shit on the floor. I was always taught to respect and listen to my elders. No wonder I have no respect for the elderly. I have respect for the ones that respect me, but respect must be earned. Not given freely. As a result, the teasing went on for about a decade. Needless to say, I am quick to return fire and I go for the throat. It is not much fun for anyone that might want to try making fun of me. I might be one nasty son of a bitch according to some people that I have encountered. Life experience has made me that way. I used to be a nice kid.

Did you not have parents?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-09-2016, 03:24 PM
(13-09-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 01:00 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I know exactly when my life turned to shit back in the day. I was 6 going on 7. Just freshly moved to a new town. I started the second grade. The sick sadistic bitch of a teacher loved to answer "no" to the question "Can I go use the bathroom?". Even though, she knew I obviously had to go, as I would go home with the clothes I went to school with in a plastic bag. If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now. I would wait for her to say "You don't really have to go." and say "Oh yeah!?" I would proceed to the nearest corner (nearest her desk) drop my pants and shit on the floor. I was always taught to respect and listen to my elders. No wonder I have no respect for the elderly. I have respect for the ones that respect me, but respect must be earned. Not given freely. As a result, the teasing went on for about a decade. Needless to say, I am quick to return fire and I go for the throat. It is not much fun for anyone that might want to try making fun of me. I might be one nasty son of a bitch according to some people that I have encountered. Life experience has made me that way. I used to be a nice kid.

Did you not have parents?

Well sure, great ones. How is my parents fighting my battles preparing me for the world?
13-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Quote: Either way, in this case, a nine year old is dead.

A nine year old is dead, primarily, because no one gave him the tools he needed to deal with life. Shit happens...and when you protect your children from it, to the point that they don't even know it happens, they aren't able to deal with it.

And YES, a nine year old SHOULD have to deal with those things. They are part of his reality, obviously. Teach him not to care about others' opinion of him, to be confident in himself, and those kids teasing him will lose all of their power..because the truth is, they only have whatever power he grants them.
13-09-2016, 03:49 PM
(13-09-2016 03:24 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Did you not have parents?

Well sure, great ones. How is my parents fighting my battles preparing me for the world?

I was asking Birdguy.

If a teacher was doing the things he described I would think that the parents would have stepped in. A kid being treated badly by an adult authority figure is different from a kid being bullied by a peer.

If for no other reason the school would have heard from me if I had to clean soiled clothing more than once due to a teacher not allowing one of my kids to use the restroom.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Shit, who let that cunt in?

Yes, that troll cunt, ScientificTruth321.

Smells like ... a clown ... or at least, familiar. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
13-09-2016, 06:02 PM
(13-09-2016 03:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 03:24 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Well sure, great ones. How is my parents fighting my battles preparing me for the world?

I was asking Birdguy.

If a teacher was doing the things he described I would think that the parents would have stepped in. A kid being treated badly by an adult authority figure is different from a kid being bullied by a peer.

If for no other reason the school would have heard from me if I had to clean soiled clothing more than once due to a teacher not allowing one of my kids to use the restroom.

Oh, sorry anj...kinda threw me there! Blink