Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-09-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So we've been on ADSL internet since we moved in because if we wanted fiber we'd need the permission of the neighbours behind us (because they'd need to lay the cable down their driveway). But guess what? they're laying the fiber cable as I type this, so we can finally get fiber! Yay! faster than 2mb/s internet (that we have to share across 4 people using it at the same time.)

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Went to Walmart (enough probably said). Took 10 minutes to get my items, 30 minutes in lines. Self checkout was down.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2016, 07:26 PM
(16-09-2016 06:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Went to Walmart (enough probably said). Took 10 minutes to get my items, 30 minutes in lines. Self checkout was down.

That was God punishing you for going to Walmart. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
16-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Walmart is now offering a grocery shopping service. On one hand it would prevent you from actually having to enter Walmart. On the other hand you would still be dealing with Walmart. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-09-2016, 07:46 PM
(16-09-2016 07:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 06:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Went to Walmart (enough probably said). Took 10 minutes to get my items, 30 minutes in lines. Self checkout was down.

Well...I'm not sure how to square that with the Walton family's wealth. The cognitive dissonance of the concepts related to theodicy is one thing, but the idea of God rewarding Wal-Mart's owners, while punishing me for going there? That's belief killing material right there. Tongue

(16-09-2016 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Walmart is now offering a grocery shopping service. On one hand it would prevent you from actually having to enter Walmart. On the other hand you would still be dealing with Walmart. Undecided

...that sounds nice! And I can't afford to be picky with food, the Pick N Save is out of my current price range for another half month.

16-09-2016, 08:10 PM
(16-09-2016 07:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 07:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  That was God punishing you for going to Walmart. Yes
Well...I'm not sure how to square that with the Walton family's wealth. The cognitive dissonance of the concepts related to theodicy is one thing, but the idea of God rewarding Wal-Mart's owners, while punishing me for going there? That's belief killing material right there. Tongue

No cognitive dissonance - the Waltons are in league with Satan. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-09-2016, 08:22 PM
(16-09-2016 07:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I saw a meme the other day... Walmart is closing 296 stores, 14 cashiers will be put out of work. Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
17-09-2016, 05:53 AM
Quote:the Waltons are in league with Satan.

It's not like they have a choice...Sam Walton IS Satan.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
17-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Watching the Extras on the blu ray of God's Not Dead 2. Apparently people like David Fitzgerald and Richard Carrier are "like tabloid reporters who claim they saw sasquatch" when posting online that a historical Jesus may not exist. And atheist websites are "intellectual drive by shootings". Also "Man, Myth, Messiah" apparently proves "even to skeptics" that there's airtight evidence for Christianity.

I also looked up the cases they list in their "First Liberty" thing on examples of persecution of Christians in America. First case "Fired for giving a student a Bible after the student asked", the student asked after the teacher quoted it, and the judge only ruled on the group defending the teacher's behalf because the District didn't have its documentation right. The second was a coach "unfairly fired for private prayer at football games", he was having his team to pray on the field after every game. The third was a girl who claimed the Principal refused to let her form a Christian club; but a quick google at a non-Fox News, news outlet, shows she missed the deadline and had already started the club unofficially as well. The last one was that baker in Oregon who claimed same sex people ruined her business after she refused to do a cake for a same sex wedding.

None of that is real persecution. It just grinds me that spiritually masturbatory material like the GND films goes out of their way to promote a victim complex, when there are people who really are killed for their faith elsewhere. People who suffer greatly, and get ignored in favor of "look at these white Americans and how persecuted they are because the evil atheists are out to destroy our first liberty, the right to our religion."

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-09-2016, 01:56 PM
And it's raining.......

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces