Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-09-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
This has been the worst day. I am not going to survive the teenage years. My parents failed by being too overbearing and too involved and I will fail by being the opposite. Some women are just not meant to be mothers.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 08:46 PM
(19-09-2016 08:32 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  This has been the worst day. I am not going to survive the teenage years. My parents failed by being too overbearing and too involved and I will fail by being the opposite. Some women are just not meant to be mothers.

You have the logic, you'll get through it. All be it possibly with a few gray hairs. I got beat on a regular basis by my parents. I never beat my kids. You can transcend your early programming!
20-09-2016, 03:48 AM
(19-09-2016 08:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 07:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sooooo I was backing out of the driveway yesterday morning to leave for work, it was dark, foggy, drizzling... And my neighbor parked their car on the street diagonal from my driveway. So I hit their truck. Dumbass shouldn'ta parked his truck there.

I asked to be taken off the adderal and switched to staterra. I'm also restarting the Wellbutrin - I never did receive it in the mail. My insurance company requires "maintenance" meds to be mail order, yeh. Two months without my antidepressant and I'm a goddamned basket case.

Next, I hate my job. I want to quit. I had finally come up with a solution - nursing informatics online program with full time study and student loans completed in one calendar year, and now I'm thinking that's unattainable because I'll have to work now that I'm going to be looking to move out. My parents are...overbearing. Mom gets in my space and makes my bed when I don't, and then my parents get pissed that she made my bed and organized my fucking drawers. It's not my room, it's their room and I'm allowed to live in it and follow their rules. Dad said I'm not too old to be whipped, FUCKING WHIPPED, and then when I raised my eyebrows, he yelled "don't give me that fucking look."

I can't. I can't deal. I need out and I am so fucking trapped. If I didn't need help with my son I would tell them to kiss my lily white ass and pack my shit up tonight and crash at my grandparents' house until I got my own place. If he so much as lays a finger on me I'm calling 911. Completely unacceptable. And you wonder why I have issues and problems with expressing myself and getting walked all over...I was never allowed to have an opinion as a child. And I'm an ENTP. They're the ones who produced a sociopath son and are having to raise their grandson because of it. But noooo, they're innocent and godly.

Fuck them.

Your life is currently shit. Sorry for that. Hug Hopefully it gets better, soon.

Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-09-2016, 03:50 AM
(19-09-2016 08:32 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  This has been the worst day. I am not going to survive the teenage years. My parents failed by being too overbearing and too involved and I will fail by being the opposite. Some women are just not meant to be mothers.

Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-09-2016, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 12:20 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I feel like I was in the hospital Nurse keeps talking about, last night. After a 14 hour day my chest was hurting, which is sadly a common occurrence partially due to my acid reflux and an old shoulder injury that causes pain to radiate there. However there was a pain on my left side of the chest that I've never experienced before and it HURT. Breathing was kinda difficult, so I went to the Emergency Room...and after taking my blood pressure and drawing some blood, proceeded to wait for another three hours of pain sitting in a chair, watching as people came in: Woman who was having chest pains who got seen right away (I assume her EKG was essentially "oh shit"), woman who thought her appendix was bursting (and was still waiting when I finally went back after 3 hours), kid who dropped a fish tank on himself and was bleeding everywhere, and two teenage boys who seemed to have a vocabulary made up entirely of "fuck" and "man" and "cunt".

So once I did go back, we had me change into a gown...and then wait an hour. Then I finally relieved myself in the toilet, because it had been six hours since I last went...right after I hit flush, someone comes in wanting a urine sample the doctor had added on...and thus began the great drinking of water in styrofoam cups. Then a chest x-ray after another 20 minutes or so, then another EKG after about another 20 minutes, then another round of blood tests, but the three people drawing blood couldn't find a vein and I got stuck nine separate times, then finally a doctor who comes in and goes, "Well we didn't find anything, so we're sending you home, you should schedule a stress test follow up with your doctor to make sure there are no blockages." Thanks doc, 30 years old, don't want to think I may need open heart surgery and stints put in (know that's unlikely but still, when you're in pain, and still in some pain about 8 hours after that, it's not what you want to hear). Anyhow, whole time, employees are talking smack about how shitty the hospital is, right outside the place I've been put behind a curtain. And my time from going in thinking I had a heart attack to leaving was about 9pm to 3am. Now, chest still hurts somewhat eight hours later, called the doc's office, left a message about being in the ER and told I need a stress test.

Faculty Senate in a couple hours. Oh and just for bonus points, was hurting too much to hold a 3DS, so that was out. Or the book in my bag, so that was out. My Kindle had zero charge. Phones weren't supposed to be used. So until they put me back in a little holding area with a TV, I had nothing to do but pray and focus on my pain. When I did get back there, the thing didn't work, so most of the time I was laying there, staring at the ceiling tiles or drinking another cup of water.

(19-09-2016 07:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sooooo I was backing out of the driveway yesterday morning to leave for work, it was dark, foggy, drizzling... And my neighbor parked their car on the street diagonal from my driveway. So I hit their truck. Dumbass shouldn'ta parked his truck there.

I asked to be taken off the adderal and switched to staterra. I'm also restarting the Wellbutrin - I never did receive it in the mail. My insurance company requires "maintenance" meds to be mail order, yeh. Two months without my antidepressant and I'm a goddamned basket case.

Next, I hate my job. I want to quit. I had finally come up with a solution - nursing informatics online program with full time study and student loans completed in one calendar year, and now I'm thinking that's unattainable because I'll have to work now that I'm going to be looking to move out. My parents are...overbearing. Mom gets in my space and makes my bed when I don't, and then my parents get pissed that she made my bed and organized my fucking drawers. It's not my room, it's their room and I'm allowed to live in it and follow their rules. Dad said I'm not too old to be whipped, FUCKING WHIPPED, and then when I raised my eyebrows, he yelled "don't give me that fucking look."

I can't. I can't deal. I need out and I am so fucking trapped. If I didn't need help with my son I would tell them to kiss my lily white ass and pack my shit up tonight and crash at my grandparents' house until I got my own place. If he so much as lays a finger on me I'm calling 911. Completely unacceptable. And you wonder why I have issues and problems with expressing myself and getting walked all over...I was never allowed to have an opinion as a child. And I'm an ENTP. They're the ones who produced a sociopath son and are having to raise their grandson because of it. But noooo, they're innocent and godly.

Fuck them.
Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2016, 02:17 PM
ENOUGH!
SO FUCKING TIRED OF POLITICS!

Everywhere I go, including TTA, it's politics politics politics...Trump this and Hillary that.

I don't want to talk about politics! Period! Shut the fuck up about how horrible he is or how horrible she is or how they should mate and create the antichrist or maybe the second coming or...AAARRRGGGH!!!!

I can't find a decent discussion about anything that doesn't devolve into politics.

There is so much more to life. Have we forgotten that?

Evil_monsterCensoredSadcryfaceCensoredEvil_monster
[+] 6 users Like The Dark One's post
20-09-2016, 07:08 PM
I started a new job yesterday - no, that's not the rant.

Because of a big change in who does what at the office there isn't a clear cut method of getting me up to speed. Added to that the woman who is training me is so busy with other things that we seldom manage ten minutes without interruption. I am not ADD enough to learn well under those conditions but some of it's starting to click. I have never done purchasing before so this is new territory for me.

Yesterday I sat for a while with another woman in the office to see how she does the accounts payable functions. What I came away with is that she makes every single step more complicated than it has to be...but I need to just observe since I am new and maybe there is a reason that things are so convoluted.

I noted that she had a 'Jesus Calling' book on her desk. sigh. At least we won't cross paths all that often in the future and we won't have be in the same office space once some construction is completed.

She was out today and I found out that it's worse than I thought...I mean the chances of me having any patience with her at all. She has told the other women in the office (apparently frequently) that she prays to Jesus every night so that he will send her a husband and so she can have a baby. SHE'S 55 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!! One of them finally asked her if she didn't know that she can't get pregnant after menopause. Her reply was that Mary did and she didn't even have sex. So, she is going to continue to ask Jesus for a husband and a baby.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Oy! I can't wait till I am up to speed and can just stay busy and avoid all but the basic courtesies.

Weeping

Otherwise, I think it's going to be good. I hope.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Quote:Her reply was that Mary did and she didn't even have sex.

Wasn't Mary like 12 or something? Or was that just Muhammed's half dozen wives?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Quote: She has told the other women in the office (apparently frequently) that she prays to Jesus every night so that he will send her a husband and so she can have a baby. SHE'S 55 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!! One of them finally asked her if she didn't know that she can't get pregnant after menopause. Her reply was that Mary did and she didn't even have sex. So, she is going to continue to ask Jesus for a husband and a baby.

Fuck me running backwards in the woods with a hedgehog...What the hell do you do with...that? If it was literally anything but Jesus she was referencing, she'd be in a mental institution.
Nuts. Just nuts.
20-09-2016, 07:46 PM
(20-09-2016 07:39 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote: She has told the other women in the office (apparently frequently) that she prays to Jesus every night so that he will send her a husband and so she can have a baby. SHE'S 55 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!! One of them finally asked her if she didn't know that she can't get pregnant after menopause. Her reply was that Mary did and she didn't even have sex. So, she is going to continue to ask Jesus for a husband and a baby.

Fuck me running backwards in the woods with a hedgehog...What the hell do you do with...that? If it was literally anything but Jesus she was referencing, she'd be in a mental institution.
Nuts. Just nuts.

My new boss said she had to ask her to clarify...she thought the woman was hoping to marry a man who had children so that she could be a step-grandmother.

I am thankful that I was warned...seriously...if she were to tell me this story and I was blind-sided by it...oh man...I can't even guess what might have come out of my mouth. When I finally hear the story first hand I think I may just suddenly have to use the restroom...urgently.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post