Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-09-2016, 04:51 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Lol holy fucking shit, my flatmates are having one hell of a domestic downstairs.
They're really going to town on each other. (all yelling, they'd never hit each other)

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 05:05 AM
(23-09-2016 04:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol holy fucking shit, my flatmates are having one hell of a domestic downstairs.
They're really going to town on each other. (all yelling, they'd never hit each other)

My flatmate and I are both single, and he works daytime while I work night-shift. So both of us basically have the run of the place more or less to ourselves, save overlap in the afternoon and our days off. It's pretty fucking sweet when everything is so chill and low key.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-09-2016, 05:24 AM
Co-worker called 5 minutes past the start of his shift. "Car trouble" he says. Had to call the manager myself to get her to come in and cover. I get by borrowing my best friend/flatmate's car, because we work opposite shifts. If this makes my friend late for work....

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!

23-09-2016, 06:16 AM
(23-09-2016 05:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 04:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol holy fucking shit, my flatmates are having one hell of a domestic downstairs.

My flatmate and I are both single, and he works daytime while I work night-shift. So both of us basically have the run of the place more or less to ourselves, save overlap in the afternoon and our days off. It's pretty fucking sweet when everything is so chill and low key.

I flat with my old school chum and his girlfriend and another chum from school.
The flatmate and his girlfriend share a large room downstairs and me and the other flatmate (who are single) have our rooms upstairs with the common spaces.

We never have any issues, just occasionally the two downstairs have some full blown argument. And then she flees to her mums and I have to stay up till midnight letting him vent about it despite needing to get up at 6am for work.

He was totally right in this case, though, I heard the whole thing, she was being all kinds of retarded.

Yuck, relationships.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-09-2016, 06:30 AM
(23-09-2016 06:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yuck, relationships.

[Image: tumblr_m0nmeszmws1qibz0jo1_r1_1280.png]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2016, 09:17 AM
I am so fucking tired. Fighting to stay awake at work. Sad

23-09-2016, 09:47 AM
(23-09-2016 06:30 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 06:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yuck, relationships.

[Image: tumblr_m0nmeszmws1qibz0jo1_r1_1280.png]

[Image: 7d3b97c673732bb4855deee5ec83c884.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Not sure if a rant or a first world problem or just trying to work things out in my head.

Found a job, started Monday...stressed to say the least. There is so much to learn and the only person who can teach me is also training two other people in two other positions so she often doesn't have time to answer my questions. Because I am dealing with high dollar orders of product I don't want to make a mistake.

Originally I was told I would be in an office with someone else till some interior construction was completed and then I would have an office to myself. Now it appears that not going to happen and I will have to continue to share a space with a woman who is overly dramatic about everything and talks to herself a lot. But if I so much as shuffle a piece of paper she is disturbed by all the noise I am making....UGH! And she told me that the lotion I was using gave her a migraine. That's odd, since I hadn't used any type of lotion at the office or even before arriving there.

On the upside the commute is fantastic for this area. 20 minute drive in minimal traffic. On the downside we start later and end later in the day from what I am used to so I am fading well before time to leave.

I think I am still going to keep my eyes open for other opportunities while trying my best to get in the groove with the tasks that are expected of me. sigh

Maybe I should go buy the winning lottery ticket and then say goodbye to the world of work. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Last night at work was a shit show. My daily end of shift e-mail turned into a fucking book report. I spent half my night just fixing other people's mistakes.

But at least tonight the place isn't on fire, so that's progress.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-09-2016, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2016 12:18 PM by Escape Artist.)
Creative blocks really fucking suck. Weeping

I'm doing it again. Getting stressed out and down because I can't write. I want to be creative again. I miss that. But it just doesn't really happen anymore.

There's something in there that wants to get out but when I reach inside to try and grab hold of it, it just slips away. Very frustrating. Already I can feel the hours of today getting away from me.

Inevitably, I will reach a certain point today where I just want to get something done, get something - anything - accomplished, so I'll get up and clean for a little while or shower up or whatever. Just so I can say that I accomplished something today. But it won't be the same as if I'd been able to write.

There are so many things that are so amazingly good in my life right now. I can see improvement and growth in more areas than I can count and yet in this area I seemed to have just regressed completely.

There's too much pressure associated with the story I have currently been trying to work on. It deals with death and loss of a parent and I just want it too much to be perfect, or nearly perfect. And even when I tell myself it doesn't have to be perfect, I don't seem to believe myself.

At this point I just want to do something creative, even if it isn't writing anymore. But I miss writing terribly.

I have been dabbling with the journal/blog thingy that Anj suggested to help deal with my anger over religion and my religious upbringing and that has helped but that's non-fiction and while it is therapeutic and has helped with the anger, even it doesn't quite feed that need I feel to create something. This - the religious journal - is just recounting experiences in my life and working thru the subsequent emotions. It's not the same as writing fiction.

I don't know how to get out of this rut. I'm tired of wanting to write and yet not being able to. What's sad is that I can even think of worlds I'd like to explore or stories I'd like to read but haven't seen out there on the shelves. But when I sit down to write, there's just nothing. I'm drawing buckets from a long-exhausted well. Or maybe there is water in the well and there's something wrong with my bucket. I don't fucking know. Undecided