Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-10-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-10-2016 08:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  how long til you have to move?

90 days.
So over Christmas. Made worst because 3 of us work in retail so it's our busiest time at work (where I work we do half our years sales in 3 months over Christmas).

What a shitty thing to do. The asshole could have at least told you he was looking to sell the place and you would need to move.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 09:18 PM
(04-10-2016 09:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  90 days.
So over Christmas. Made worst because 3 of us work in retail so it's our busiest time at work (where I work we do half our years sales in 3 months over Christmas).

What a shitty thing to do. The asshole could have at least told you he was looking to sell the place and you would need to move.

She. And I guess she thinks that's was this is.
05-10-2016, 05:55 AM
(04-10-2016 08:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just got evicted...

Sad

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-10-2016, 11:13 AM
So sorry to hear the bad news, Muffs. Sad Hug

05-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Legal eviction notice or just a verbal?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-10-2016, 02:26 PM
(04-10-2016 08:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I mean it makes sense though right.
I just got a nice fat paycheck because I've been doing a bunch more hours lately. I'm getting ahead in my bills I even have some money saved up and set aside for some video games I want in the future. Everything's going too well. So of course I'd be evicted. I mean heaven forbid everything goes right for like a month without something bad happening, heaven fucking forbid.

edit: Because the landlords selling.
One would think that the new landlord would want tenants. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
05-10-2016, 03:22 PM
(05-10-2016 02:26 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ---
edit: Because the landlords selling.
One would think that the new landlord would want tenants. :consider:

Yes - odd that they want to risk income loss during the sale. Unless they are selling to a developer who wants the land and will demolish the existing building.

Anyway MuffMuff, sorry you're being kicked to the curb. However, 90 days will go quickly - best to start looking for new digs, right now.

Maybe go through an agent or service that works with real estate companies to find tenants. They're often well connected to very nice properties that aren't quite on the market, yet or ones they want filled quickly and so, may be willing to work with your situation.

Hope this shit works out easily for you. :shy:

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Update: I'm not homeless. My parents are operating on "don't ask don't tell" and super Jesus all the damn time day and night and dawn and dusk and yay God. And they made me go to church Sunday morning AND night. It was "parents' night" with Awanas. That's the Baptist brainwashing sessions for children. So I got to see what goes on. Oh. My. Gawd. Yeh. I need to figure something out with childcare for my work days 'cos this shit's not cool. Not one bit. I'm gone soooo long - I leave before my son gets up and I'm home after his bedtime. Fuck. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
05-10-2016, 06:41 PM
"Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" being the technical name of said brainwashing...which I can't even disagree with the term brainwashing be used in. For those who don't speak Baptist-ese.

Sorry to hear all of that Nurse Sad Well, not the non-homelessness thing. That part is good, but the rest sounds...difficult.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2016, 06:53 PM
(05-10-2016 05:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Update: I'm not homeless. My parents are operating on "don't ask don't tell" and super Jesus all the damn time day and night and dawn and dusk and yay God. And they made me go to church Sunday morning AND night. It was "parents' night" with Awanas. That's the Baptist brainwashing sessions for children. So I got to see what goes on. Oh. My. Gawd. Yeh. I need to figure something out with childcare for my work days 'cos this shit's not cool. Not one bit. I'm gone soooo long - I leave before my son gets up and I'm home after his bedtime. Fuck. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I'm sorry nurse.

Hugs!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces