Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-10-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-10-2016 02:26 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I mean it makes sense though right.
I just got a nice fat paycheck because I've been doing a bunch more hours lately. I'm getting ahead in my bills I even have some money saved up and set aside for some video games I want in the future. Everything's going too well. So of course I'd be evicted. I mean heaven forbid everything goes right for like a month without something bad happening, heaven fucking forbid.

edit: Because the landlords selling.
One would think that the new landlord would want tenants. Consider

They might have already sold it. They had someone come to the house to get it valued followed by some fancy looking suits the next day. But that was months ago so we assumed they weren't going to sell. I suspect those fancy suits brought the place and it was a private sale. I don't know why they'd not want tenants though? Maybe they have some tenants lined up already? Or are moving in themselves.

The problem with where I live is that Auckland is ridiculously expensive right now to buy property. So the city where I live is starting to be seen as the next place to buy up and so property prices here are climbing quickly. I see sale signs popping up all over and just as quickly they're taken down. It's ridiculous.

If any of you'll are looking to invest in overseas property and need 4 tenants PM me.. Tongue

Quote:Anyway MuffMuff, sorry you're being kicked to the curb. However, 90 days will go quickly - best to start looking for new digs, right now.

Yea we've found some nice places that we're gonna check out.
I mean it could be a good thing. We could get a place with some grass, or a place without shitty neighbors that require police callouts every second weekend.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-10-2016, 04:00 AM
(06-10-2016 03:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 02:26 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  One would think that the new landlord would want tenants. Consider

They might have already sold it. They had someone come to the house to get it valued followed by some fancy looking suits the next day. But that was months ago so we assumed they weren't going to sell. I suspect those fancy suits brought the place and it was a private sale. I don't know why they'd not want tenants though? Maybe they have some tenants lined up already? Or are moving in themselves.

The problem with where I live is that Auckland is ridiculously expensive right now to buy property. So the city where I live is starting to be seen as the next place to buy up and so property prices here are climbing quickly. I see sale signs popping up all over and just as quickly they're taken down. It's ridiculous.

If any of you'll are looking to invest in overseas property and need 4 tenants PM me.. Tongue

Quote:Anyway MuffMuff, sorry you're being kicked to the curb. However, 90 days will go quickly - best to start looking for new digs, right now.

Yea we've found some nice places that we're gonna check out.
I mean it could be a good thing. We could get a place with some grass, or a place without shitty neighbors that require police callouts every second weekend.

I feel for you. Getting kicked out of my last place with less than 30 days wasn't very fun, and I spent a month shacking up with my best friend, sleeping on a spare futon. Fortunately his parent's old place was still being lived in by my friend's younger brother, and his roommate just moved out. So between the fact that I'm practically family, and that they already own the place, I don't expect to be getting unexpectedly thrown the the curb anytime soon.

Hope you land on your feet bro.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-10-2016, 08:18 AM
Why oh why...

First thing I see this morning on FB.

"Here's what I think: it doesn't have to happen. God, I want your will for coastal Georgia. If it glorifies you, then let it rain. But have mercy on your people. Build a wall around us with your power and might. Give us the strength we need to deal with whatever we face. Renew us."

Followed by 200 plus amens...

I guess it's ok if some other place is leveled in the hurricane tho. As long as it's not them.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Dear Texas: How fucking hard is it to mail my boyfriend his voter registration card? You've confirmed he's in the system, yet after two supposed mail-outs of the card, we have yet to receive it. Fuck you very much. Sleepy

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
07-10-2016, 07:28 AM
(06-10-2016 04:41 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Dear Texas: How fucking hard is it to mail my boyfriend his voter registration card? You've confirmed he's in the system, yet after two supposed mail-outs of the card, we have yet to receive it. Fuck you very much. Sleepy

I'm with you, but WI, where the GOP controls all 3 branches of government and has voter ID laws. They "lost" my original mailed in documents around the time Scott Walker disbanded our nonpartisan election board. During the primary, the official state polling place site never provided polling place data for my county to any of the third party sites and didn't put my polling place up until 6pm the day of the Primary election. Then the new voter registration site began to refuse to verify addresses in my county (that happens to go heavily Democrat and is higher than average in minority population for the state); then it was nearly impossible to find a form without that site for voter registration. Then I tried emailing and calling our statewide voting commission and never heard back from them. Eventually had to go to city hall and find out who to register to vote with there, in person, and where my polling place is, because...the voting site that refuses to verify my address won't give you sample ballots, polling place info, or registration without it doing so. And when I asked in person about the voter registration card when registering to vote in person, was told it should come to me...8 to 10 weeks after the election, but don't worry, I'm in the system, so just take my ID.

I'm going to take the confirmation I'm in the system I had the person print off, my ID, a utility bill, and a copy of a letter from the Department of Revenue from when they tried not to give me my tax refund.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-10-2016, 11:58 AM
(07-10-2016 07:28 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 04:41 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Dear Texas: How fucking hard is it to mail my boyfriend his voter registration card? You've confirmed he's in the system, yet after two supposed mail-outs of the card, we have yet to receive it. Fuck you very much. Sleepy

I'm with you, but WI, where the GOP controls all 3 branches of government and has voter ID laws. They "lost" my original mailed in documents around the time Scott Walker disbanded our nonpartisan election board. During the primary, the official state polling place site never provided polling place data for my county to any of the third party sites and didn't put my polling place up until 6pm the day of the Primary election. Then the new voter registration site began to refuse to verify addresses in my county (that happens to go heavily Democrat and is higher than average in minority population for the state); then it was nearly impossible to find a form without that site for voter registration. Then I tried emailing and calling our statewide voting commission and never heard back from them. Eventually had to go to city hall and find out who to register to vote with there, in person, and where my polling place is, because...the voting site that refuses to verify my address won't give you sample ballots, polling place info, or registration without it doing so. And when I asked in person about the voter registration card when registering to vote in person, was told it should come to me...8 to 10 weeks after the election, but don't worry, I'm in the system, so just take my ID.

I'm going to take the confirmation I'm in the system I had the person print off, my ID, a utility bill, and a copy of a letter from the Department of Revenue from when they tried not to give me my tax refund.

Yeah, it's just been such a hassle. I moved counties but I've been in Texas all my life, so just switching counties was a breeze. But Rev is from Maryland and so he was having to switch states entirely.

We had to mail them TWO applications for his registration card, never heard anything back. Finally e-mailed someone with the elections office in Austin and they said they have him in the system, so I think yay it's done. But now, getting our damn county to mail him the card has been a damn joke.

They supposedly mailed it at the end of August (they only mail stuff once a month, I guess? Rolleyes ) and well, never got it. Contacted them again and they supposedly mailed it to us again on September 30th and well it's still not here.

So I dunno what the fuck. It damn well better be in the mail today. Hobo

Next step would be to see if either he or I can just come by the registrar's office and pick it up our own damn selves. Facepalm

Because yeah, Texas will not recognize his Maryland ID card if he tries to go and vote with that. They won't accept it.

If we can't pick up the card, then I *think* there is some kind of statement we can go and do saying he never got the card.

It's just nuts. Frustrating that he's registered now but we just can't get the goddamn card.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
07-10-2016, 12:46 PM
(07-10-2016 11:58 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:28 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm with you, but WI, where the GOP controls all 3 branches of government and has voter ID laws. They "lost" my original mailed in documents around the time Scott Walker disbanded our nonpartisan election board. During the primary, the official state polling place site never provided polling place data for my county to any of the third party sites and didn't put my polling place up until 6pm the day of the Primary election. Then the new voter registration site began to refuse to verify addresses in my county (that happens to go heavily Democrat and is higher than average in minority population for the state); then it was nearly impossible to find a form without that site for voter registration. Then I tried emailing and calling our statewide voting commission and never heard back from them. Eventually had to go to city hall and find out who to register to vote with there, in person, and where my polling place is, because...the voting site that refuses to verify my address won't give you sample ballots, polling place info, or registration without it doing so. And when I asked in person about the voter registration card when registering to vote in person, was told it should come to me...8 to 10 weeks after the election, but don't worry, I'm in the system, so just take my ID.

Yeah, it's just been such a hassle. I moved counties but I've been in Texas all my life, so just switching counties was a breeze. But Rev is from Maryland and so he was having to switch states entirely.

We had to mail them TWO applications for his registration card, never heard anything back. Finally e-mailed someone with the elections office in Austin and they said they have him in the system, so I think yay it's done. But now, getting our damn county to mail him the card has been a damn joke.

They supposedly mailed it at the end of August (they only mail stuff once a month, I guess? Rolleyes ) and well, never got it. Contacted them again and they supposedly mailed it to us again on September 30th and well it's still not here.

Next step would be to see if either he or I can just come by the registrar's office and pick it up our own damn selves. Facepalm

Because yeah, Texas will not recognize his Maryland ID card if he tries to go and vote with that. They won't accept it.

If we can't pick up the card, then I *think* there is some kind of statement we can go and do saying he never got the card.

It's just nuts. Frustrating that he's registered now but we just can't get the goddamn card.

I've never lived in a state that required to see my voter registration card.

In California my name was on the list at the polling place, sometimes they asked for an ID, but it was also in my townhouse complex so they knew it was me.

Here we only vote by mail. No hassles no fussing.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2016, 03:27 PM
(07-10-2016 11:58 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:28 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'm with you, but WI, where the GOP controls all 3 branches of government and has voter ID laws. They "lost" my original mailed in documents around the time Scott Walker disbanded our nonpartisan election board. During the primary, the official state polling place site never provided polling place data for my county to any of the third party sites and didn't put my polling place up until 6pm the day of the Primary election. Then the new voter registration site began to refuse to verify addresses in my county (that happens to go heavily Democrat and is higher than average in minority population for the state); then it was nearly impossible to find a form without that site for voter registration. Then I tried emailing and calling our statewide voting commission and never heard back from them. Eventually had to go to city hall and find out who to register to vote with there, in person, and where my polling place is, because...the voting site that refuses to verify my address won't give you sample ballots, polling place info, or registration without it doing so. And when I asked in person about the voter registration card when registering to vote in person, was told it should come to me...8 to 10 weeks after the election, but don't worry, I'm in the system, so just take my ID.

It's almost like they know he's from Maryland or something.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Sad

I'm sick of feeling stressed. Sadcryface

07-10-2016, 03:33 PM
(07-10-2016 03:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 11:58 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, it's just been such a hassle. I moved counties but I've been in Texas all my life, so just switching counties was a breeze. But Rev is from Maryland and so he was having to switch states entirely.

It's almost like they know he's from Maryland or something.

I know, right? Laugh out load