Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-10-2016, 11:31 AM
RE: Ranting corner
The year 2016 can just fuck right off. Censored

that is all

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
09-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Due to workplace being short on people I'm returning to work in two weeks time.

Only in death does duty end I guess Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-10-2016, 05:54 AM
Not sure if this is a rant or not. My wife missed her period this month and now it seems impossible to get her interested. This sucks, but the possible implications of it could end up being a really good thing. It has been like a month now!
10-10-2016, 03:42 PM
My only living grandparent is going to be having a coronary bypass surgery soon. Probably triple bypass, not sure yet.

That's some really great design from god, right? We've got some really awesome hearts in my family. My mother's father died of a heart attack. My mother's mother died of congestive heart failure and she had a coronary bypass earlier in life as well. My dad's dad had heart problems and a bypass surgery too. My dad died of a heart attack. And now my dad's poor mother, after losing her oldest son barely a year ago, is going to be having this surgery.

I don't want any more people dying on me. I can't lose my grandmother this soon after losing my dad. Can't things just fucking stop for a second? I'll sit and think of my dad and how he was only 58 when he died, and how, if I go out the same way, at the same age as he did, then I have lived over half of my life already. At my age, would my dad ever have thought he'd lived over half of his life already?

11-10-2016, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 12:39 PM by Gloucester.)
Bloody Virgin blooming Media and their bloody, so called help blinking line! (This is a perishing rant in blooming Englishish, right! No blinking f-words!)

I am a very low Internet user by modern standards, no TV, no movie or music streaming, no gaming - bit of this, bit of Youtubing, some emailing, browsing, few pictures transfered etc etc.

Checked stats last month, when informed of another price hike, and using 10 to 12GB per month. Don't need 70Mhz with unlimited data. Checked and they have a new old fogey's deal, 20Mhz and 30GB for about half the cost. Suits me. Swapped to that at end of Sept.

Check stats again 'cos I got a warning that I have only 20%, 6GB, of my allowance left for next 24 days! According to their stats I used 98GB between my last check and now, so that is a few days the old scheme and 11 days of the new!

Reckon either their site is crap or someone has hacked my router password. Or both.

Phoned them, got bounced three times between billing and technical, all Indians, before I found someone who could tell me how to change the router password.

Close eye will be kept on stats and passsord changed regularly.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
11-10-2016, 12:50 PM
(11-10-2016 12:35 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Bloody Virgin blooming Media and their bloody, so called help blinking line! (This is a perishing rant in blooming Englishish, right! No blinking f-words!)

I am a very low Internet user by modern standards, no TV, no movie or music streaming, no gaming - bit of this, bit of Youtubing, some emailing, browsing, few pictures transfered etc etc.

Checked stats last month, when informed of another price hike, and using 10 to 12GB per month. Don't need 70Mhz with unlimited data. Checked and they have a new old fogey's deal, 20Mhz and 30GB for about half the cost. Suits me. Swapped to that at end of Sept.

Check stats again 'cos I got a warning that I have only 20%, 6GB, of my allowance left for next 24 days! According to their stats I used 98GB between my last check and now, so that is a few days the old scheme and 11 days of the new!

Reckon either their site is crapg or someone has hacked my router password. Or both.

Phoned them, got bounced three times between billing and technical, all Indians, before I found someone who could tell me how to change the router password.

Close eye will be kept on stats and passsord changed regularly.

That's majorly fucked up.

I hope you figure out what's causing it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-10-2016, 12:52 PM
(10-10-2016 03:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  My only living grandparent is going to be having a coronary bypass surgery soon. Probably triple bypass, not sure yet.

That's some really great design from god, right? We've got some really awesome hearts in my family. My mother's father died of a heart attack. My mother's mother died of congestive heart failure and she had a coronary bypass earlier in life as well. My dad's dad had heart problems and a bypass surgery too. My dad died of a heart attack. And now my dad's poor mother, after losing her oldest son barely a year ago, is going to be having this surgery.

I don't want any more people dying on me. I can't lose my grandmother this soon after losing my dad. Can't things just fucking stop for a second? I'll sit and think of my dad and how he was only 58 when he died, and how, if I go out the same way, at the same age as he did, then I have lived over half of my life already. At my age, would my dad ever have thought he'd lived over half of his life already?

Hug

If you need to talk, you definitely know the many ways to find me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-10-2016, 01:31 PM
(10-10-2016 03:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  My only living grandparent is going to be having a coronary bypass surgery soon. Probably triple bypass, not sure yet.

Feel for your losses, EA. I had my dual heart attacks at 54 and have managed to beat the odds since then through self-education and working to get the best out of my health professionals. Plus early exercise and, reasonably, sensible eating.

There is no god in the equation, but genes certainly are. I am going to follow my theme here - I do what I can to get others who may be at risk to learn a little about heart attacks; reasons, symptoms, treatment etc. You would not be starting to early at your age, you have time to learn and to plan without getting too concerned as yet.

I hope you will become away of the dangers and hope that you can find the right health professionals when you need them. I only wish I had nagged my doctor, my own heart attack was avoidable. Many of them are with education and foresight. I write a piece for the village magazine every year passing on my experience and advice.

Take care, EA, you are your best monitor, but you have to know what you are looking for. Education is the best defence.

Hug

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
11-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Ahh the joys of property hunting.
You find a place, you get your hopes up and you get them crushed.
We found a place that's awesome and is perfect for us BUT I just know that we're not gonna get it. There was a bunch of people interested and I mean, I want this place so of course we're not gonna get it because that means something would go right for me for a change and something good would happen.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-10-2016, 10:39 PM
(11-10-2016 01:31 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  

Feel for your losses, EA. I had my dual heart attacks at 54 and have managed to beat the odds since then through self-education and working to get the best out of my health professionals. Plus early exercise and, reasonably, sensible eating.

There is no god in the equation, but genes certainly are. I am going to follow my theme here - I do what I can to get others who may be at risk to learn a little about heart attacks; reasons, symptoms, treatment etc. You would not be starting to early at your age, you have time to learn and to plan without getting too concerned as yet.

I hope you will become away of the dangers and hope that you can find the right health professionals when you need them. I only wish I had nagged my doctor, my own heart attack was avoidable. Many of them are with education and foresight. I write a piece for the village magazine every year passing on my experience and advice.

Take care, EA, you are your best monitor, but you have to know what you are looking for. Education is the best defence.

Hug

I feel like I'm doing fairly well, health-wise. I don't smoke. I exercise moderately (30 minute walks each day). I eat better and more well-rounded than I used to (was always super picky). And I'm not overweight.

I do have an underactive thyroid but that's being treated. I've had low vitamin D levels of late too, but I'm recently being treated for that. My cholesterol is a bit high, I suppose. Hell, I don't know. But the doctor prescribed simvastatin for me (which I have yet to fill). I'm just not so sure I want to be on that. Found out after my dad died that he took simvastatin. Fat lot of good it did him when he died from what was most likely his first heart attack. But I've heard that statins aren't great at preventing first heart attacks. Only subsequent ones.

My total cholesterol is 245 (or, was in July when I last had my numbers checked), triglycerides are 146, HDL is 79, and LDL is 137. They marked the LDL and the total cholesterol as being more than the range they'd like to see. They'd like my total under 200 and my LDL under 100.

I've never had an issue with cholesterol prior to this and I am thinking that it might possibly be due to my changing diet because I just ate the same old (not exactly healthy) foods for most of my life and for the last year I've been eating more well-rounded. Part of me thinks well maybe my body is just readjusting.

Plus I have heard (though I do not know for sure) that low Vitamin D can mean raised cholesterol levels. So I am hoping once my Vitamin D deficiency gets sorted, that my cholesterol will be fine.

But it was one of those things where they were like "Oh your cholesterol is high - boom let's put you on this medicine" and I'm just not on board with it. I'm fucking 32 - why the fuck should I be on a goddamn cholesterol medicine? That's bullshit. Yes, my family history is shitty when it comes to heart problems but most of them have been in the elderly in my family and that is not uncommon. My paternal grandfather was over 60 when he had his heart attack and my dad was nearly 60 so it wasn't like they were in their 40's or that it was super-early for either of them (though I still feel my dad died way too soon). And since I don't smoke and I'm not overweight and I exercise in moderation and eat better than I ever have in my life, I find it hard to believe that I need to be on a statin simply due to family history - even as prevalent as it is.

I just don't want to end up like my mom. You get on one drug and then they want to prescribe you the whole cabinet. I'm already on my maintenance drug for my underactive thyroid but with that, I felt shitty and would feel shitty again if I went off it, so there is motivation to take it. There is not a motivation to be on a statin, for me.

I fully realize I am not the doctor but it really just felt like she tossed drugs at me instead of even mentioning to me how I might get my levels to a more acceptable level w/o medications.

I've been working on my stress of late, with journaling and just, getting still and learning to quiet my thoughts and not get anxious about things so much, so that should also be helpful too, I should think, when it comes to heart issues.

Who knows. Oh, and my grandma had her surgery this morning. It went well, but as of an hour ago, she is not waking up like she should. She is in ICU and wasn't depending on the ventilator all that much at first but is needing it more now. They are hoping she will wake up okay in the morning. I hope so. Undecided