Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-10-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-10-2016 09:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My house burned down on Monday. I am beginning to want to pull my hair out. Very frustrating. My wife is ok and my dog is only beginning to realize that the cat did not make it.

I'm sorry. That sucks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 11:41 AM
What a nightmare. So sorry you're going through this.
13-10-2016, 12:52 PM
(13-10-2016 09:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My house burned down on Monday. I am beginning to want to pull my hair out. Very frustrating. My wife is ok and my dog is only beginning to realize that the cat did not make it.

Damn! Sorry to see this. Hug
13-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Do people not have any situational awareness? Or peripheral vision?

It seems I can be literally standing at my register under a flashing white arrow that says 'Cashier here!' while wearing a blazing red shirt and dancing in circles, and people still won't see me.

Seriously, they would walk up within 5ft of the register, stop, and look around bewildered when I'M RIGHT THERE. I sometimes shift from foot to foot or wave at them incase they're like t-rexes and their sight is based on movement. Some people actually get surprised, as if I'd suddenly materialized right there.

Maybe I have secret invisibility powers?

Facepalm

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
13-10-2016, 05:57 PM
(13-10-2016 12:52 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Damn! Sorry to see this. Hug

Thank you. The cat was one of a kind. We got him from Free cycle. He was only 9.
13-10-2016, 07:12 PM
(13-10-2016 02:52 PM)Loom Wrote:  Do people not have any situational awareness? Or peripheral vision?

It seems I can be literally standing at my register under a flashing white arrow that says 'Cashier here!' while wearing a blazing red shirt and dancing in circles, and people still won't see me.

Seriously, they would walk up within 5ft of the register, stop, and look around bewildered when I'M RIGHT THERE. I sometimes shift from foot to foot or wave at them incase they're like t-rexes and their sight is based on movement. Some people actually get surprised, as if I'd suddenly materialized right there.

Maybe I have secret invisibility powers?

Facepalm

Are you quiet? I have a suspicion that their sight might actually be based on noise.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Well shit. Yesterday marked 25 years of sobriety and I forgot to drink a toast to it. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2016, 09:10 PM
(13-10-2016 09:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well shit. Yesterday marked 25 years of sobriety and I forgot to drink a toast to it. Angry

Congratulations! Smile That's so great!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-10-2016, 09:17 PM
(13-10-2016 09:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well shit. Yesterday marked 25 years of sobriety and I forgot to drink a toast to it. Angry

Well done! Thumbsup

Not on the same scale but been 18 years since I had my last cigarette.

Though having a near fatal heart attack was a rather drastic cure strategy - not recommended...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
13-10-2016, 09:32 PM
(13-10-2016 09:17 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  

Well done! Thumbsup

Not on the same scale but been 18 years since I had my last cigarette.

Though having a near fatal heart attack was a rather drastic cure strategy - not recommended...

Congrats to you too!