Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-10-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-10-2016 09:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My house burned down on Monday. I am beginning to want to pull my hair out. Very frustrating. My wife is ok and my dog is only beginning to realize that the cat did not make it.

Just read this, I'm so sorry *hugs*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 09:40 PM
(13-10-2016 09:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well shit. Yesterday marked 25 years of sobriety and I forgot to drink a toast to it. Angry

Congratulations! pshsht. I'm having one for you, but not in a rubbing it in way. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Well, my sister is giving birth. Gonna have a nephew soon.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-10-2016, 06:02 AM
(13-10-2016 02:52 PM)Loom Wrote:  I sometimes shift from foot to foot or wave at them incase they're like t-rexes and their sight is based on movement. Some people actually get surprised, as if I'd suddenly materialized right there.

You've hit on a way to identify our reptilian overlords!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
14-10-2016, 08:58 AM
(13-10-2016 09:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My house burned down on Monday. I am beginning to want to pull my hair out. Very frustrating. My wife is ok and my dog is only beginning to realize that the cat did not make it.

Birdguy, I hope you are doing OK. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.
14-10-2016, 09:02 AM
(14-10-2016 08:58 AM)skyking Wrote:  

Birdguy, I hope you are doing OK. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Thanks. We have both our families helping us and the church that my wife takes me to from time to time is doing a month long collection for us. It is just being without a house right now. We are staying with my mother in law and her boyfriend, so we do have a place to stay. It is not really home and I miss my cat.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
14-10-2016, 09:08 AM
(14-10-2016 09:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 08:58 AM)skyking Wrote:  Birdguy, I hope you are doing OK. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Thanks. We have both our families helping us and the church that my wife takes me to from time to time is doing a month long collection for us. It is just being without a house right now. We are staying with my mother in law and her boyfriend, so we do have a place to stay. It is not really home and I miss my cat.

From my cats: [Image: cathug.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2016, 09:18 AM
(14-10-2016 09:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 08:58 AM)skyking Wrote:  Birdguy, I hope you are doing OK. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.

I'm so sorry about your home, and your kitty Sad

It's good to hear you're getting help, but I bet it's still rough to lose everything like that...your home...family memoirs...precious pets...

We're here for you. Sending many virtual hugs your way Hug

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
14-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Sooooo in advance of our upcoming storm, I've brought in everything that usually blows away. Wind chimes, umbrellas and crap like that.

Candles and other stuff, thank goodness I'm a girl. Smile

Dog has plenty of food too.

Wind is blowing pretty hard here all day.

Worst is yet to come.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-10-2016, 03:54 PM
(14-10-2016 03:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sooooo in advance of our upcoming storm, I've brought in everything that usually blows away. Wind chimes, umbrellas and crap like that.

Candles and other stuff, thank goodness I'm a girl. Smile

Dog has plenty of food too.

Wind is blowing pretty hard here all day.

Worst is yet to come.

Fill your prescriptions. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post