Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-11-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: My friends on FB are dolts.
(28-11-2012 01:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  This is not the first time I've seen this same meme. Are the people I went to HS with really this fucking dim?
FB is the best place for finding out just how stupid your friends actually are. I've already been taken aback a few times. And then the amazement: How was I ever friends with this person in high school (or on one particularly shameful occasion - how did I ever have a crush on that idiot, even if only for a couple of weeks Confused )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-11-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Ranting corner
That gives me an idea for an experiment. Send that chainmail off to one test group.Then, for another test group, send off a different letter. Instead of the mumbo-jumbo Chinese bullshit, claim that scientific studies have shown that sending a picture of your bare, bloody ass cheeks to all your family, friends, and acquaintances will result in you receiving a bag of money at your front door within 4 days. Then compare the findings between the two groups.

Quality research at its finest.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2012, 02:14 PM
(28-11-2012 02:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That gives me an idea for an experiment. Send that chainmail off to one test group.Then, for another test group, send off a different letter. Instead of the mumbo-jumbo Chinese bullshit, claim that scientific studies have shown that sending a picture of your bare, bloody ass cheeks to all your family, friends, and acquaintances will result in you receiving a bag of money at your front door within 4 days. Then compare the findings between the two groups.

Please, some people have hundreds of FB friends (not me, but still). No one deserves to be subjected to such a deluge of bare asses. Again with the weird ideas, Tartarus No

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-11-2012, 02:16 PM
(28-11-2012 05:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  Leela, here is Filox advice for treating that in one day. A friend of mine cured his old wound from operation, that didn't want to stop festering bit by bit every day. He did one curing and next day it stopped, never to appear again.

Take one bud of good weed and grind it. Take just a little bit, 5-10 drops of olive oil (to cover that weed a bit, you want something to "melt" the THC in) and mix the weed and oil. Then heat up the mixture on low, very low heat, just enough to heat it all a bit. We used the air heater for computer components to heat it up, so I can assume it was somewhere around 70°C. We let the weed "relax" for a few minutes in that warm oil.

Then, he picked up the oil and the weed, put in on a piece of cloth and then put that cloth with weed and oil on the wound and in the end we covered it with a plaster. He left it until tomorrow and he said he felt a bit of tingling in that area. His wound closed up, stopped festering and he did not need to go to a small surgery to clean the wound. This was a few month ago and it never came back.

From various medical journals that talk about medicinal use of THC oil, it is great for burns, and this is the closest thing to THC oil, that you can do in 5 minutes. Also, olive oil is good by itself, so... Win-win. All you spend is one bud.

The other friend used the same thing, only to treat his small eczema's on his hands. Worked like a charm, in a 2-3 days/cures. He was fighting that shit for years, but it was not big, so he never gave it much thought.

I seriously do not see that this can do anything bad to you, but a word from Stark would be preferable.
There's tons of people who use cannabis salve. In fact, I use it myself on cuts and scrapes. I make a more complex salve than Filox described, but as long as there is a fat (ie olive oil) to absorb the cannabinoids, you'll be delivering those cannabinoids to the wound.

You'll have to research yourself if you want studies (I ain't in the mood to go searching) but my anecdotal evidence is pretty decent.......two identical cuts (long story), one treated with cannasalve, and one treated with polysporin. Canna salve wound healed more than twice as fast, and there is zero scar. The other wound was treated identically, but with the poly, and it left a small scar.

For the record, cannasalve does NOT get you high at all. In fact, some people use the leaves that are devoid of any THC, since the cannabinoids exist throughout the plant. The concentration is far better in the buds though, so I recommend using the good stuff. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-11-2012, 02:22 PM
(28-11-2012 02:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 02:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That gives me an idea for an experiment. Send that chainmail off to one test group.Then, for another test group, send off a different letter. Instead of the mumbo-jumbo Chinese bullshit, claim that scientific studies have shown that sending a picture of your bare, bloody ass cheeks to all your family, friends, and acquaintances will result in you receiving a bag of money at your front door within 4 days. Then compare the findings between the two groups.

Please, some people have hundreds of FB friends (not me, but still). No one deserves to be subjected to such a deluge of bare asses. Again with the weird ideas, Tartarus No
Ooooo deluge of asses. Sounds catchy.

Maybe I should call such a test the Bare Ass Brigade Gullibility Project?

28-11-2012, 02:26 PM

Scientific studies Shocking If I ever get stuck in your mad lab I'll be the control. Please let me be the control!!! Sadcryface2
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-11-2012, 02:34 PM
(28-11-2012 02:22 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Ooooo deluge of asses. Sounds catchy.

Maybe I should call such a test the Bare Ass Brigade Gullibility Project?
Please, I'll be going to bed soon! And now the song It's Raining Men just got a whole new meaning No

(28-11-2012 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  Scientific studies Shocking If I ever get stuck in your mad lab I'll be the control. Please let me be the control!!! Sadcryface2
Let me get this straight - are you volunteering your behind? Or is this what you had in mind

[Image: clockworkorange.jpg]

28-11-2012, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 02:39 PM by morondog.)
No no, control is the one who *doesn't* get stuff done to them...

The idea is that when you experiment on some population e.g. treating an illness, you have a control group whom you don't treat (or give a placebo), which tells you the base rate at which the disease is healed naturally. Your treatment is only useful if you do better than that base rate.
28-11-2012, 02:37 PM
The control group will also be sent the ass pictures.

28-11-2012, 02:44 PM
(28-11-2012 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  No no, control is the one who *doesn't* get stuff done to them...

The idea is that when you experiment on some population e.g. treating an illness, you have a control group whom you don't treat (or give a placebo), which tells you the base rate at which the disease is healed naturally. Your treatment is only useful if you do better than that base rate.
Yeah, I know what a control group is, but wasn't sure how things would work in this particular scenario Consider