Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-11-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-11-2016 09:56 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Every time i hit "new posts" almost all i see are Trump threads. Jesus fucking christ...

That is how many of his supporters apparently see him.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
11-11-2016, 11:38 AM
(11-11-2016 10:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 09:56 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Every time i hit "new posts" almost all i see are Trump threads. Jesus fucking christ...

That is how many of his supporters apparently see him.
Drinking Beverage

You can all thank your precious Obama for my Trump vote. I voted for him the first time he ran. Then he reached balls deep into my pockets, took money for not having healthcare that I couldn't afford and gave me nothing in return. I am sick of taxation without representation. Sick of being marginalized because I happen to be white. Had he at least been fair, I may have voted for Hillary. I do not want a continuation of the last 8 years. I can't afford it.
12-11-2016, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 04:36 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-11-2016 11:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 10:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That is how many of his supporters apparently see him.
Drinking Beverage

You can all thank your precious Obama for my Trump vote. I voted for him the first time he ran. Then he reached balls deep into my pockets, took money for not having healthcare that I couldn't afford and gave me nothing in return. I am sick of taxation without representation. Sick of being marginalized because I happen to be white. Had he at least been fair, I may have voted for Hillary. I do not want a continuation of the last 8 years. I can't afford it.

Congrats, you cannot afford the next 4 either. The leading cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical expenses, and we are alone in that among the first world, because we're the only nation without guaranteed government healthcare for every citizen.

Trump isn't going to fix that. All they did was sabotage the last attempt to fix it. You disappointed with the ACA? Then thank a Republican for taking a single payer government option off the table. Thank a Republican for shutting the government down rather than helping you. Thank a Republican for wasting everyone's time and energy trying to repeal it dozens of times instead of making it work better. Thank a Republican for turning down federal funds that would have helped cover the costs of the ACA in many red states for the poorest people, who then turned around and blamed the Democrats for problems caused by their own Republican governors turning away grants that would have helped them. Thank a Republican for feeding off the 'I can't keep my old plan, Obama lied!' spiel, instead of recognizing that the elimination of fraudulent and scam plans by the ACA was a good thing for everyone. Thanks a Republican every time they gave a megaphone to someone who complained about their premium going up, without ever realizing that the plan they had before wasn't actually health insurance, and that now they had legitimate health insurance instead of a funnily worded prescription coverage plans with co-pays as high as their stand alone monthly premium. Thank a Republican for lying to you, to benefit themselves at your expense.

When you're all done with that, thank yourself for letting it happen. If they do dismantle the ACA and millions of American go back to being uninsured (which guaranteed raises costs for everyone else), you can thank yourself for that too.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 06:30 AM
(12-11-2016 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 11:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You can all thank your precious Obama for my Trump vote. I voted for him the first time he ran. Then he reached balls deep into my pockets, took money for not having healthcare that I couldn't afford and gave me nothing in return. I am sick of taxation without representation. Sick of being marginalized because I happen to be white. Had he at least been fair, I may have voted for Hillary. I do not want a continuation of the last 8 years. I can't afford it.

Congrats, you cannot afford the next 4 either. The leading cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical expenses, and we are alone in that among the first world, because we're the only nation without guaranteed government healthcare for every citizen.

Trump isn't going to fix that. All they did was sabotage the last attempt to fix it. You disappointed with the ACA? Then thank a Republican for taking a single payer government option off the table. Thank a Republican for shutting the government down rather than helping you. Thank a Republican for wasting everyone's time and energy trying to repeal it dozens of times instead of making it work better. Thank a Republican for turning down federal funds that would have helped cover the costs of the ACA in many red states for the poorest people, who then turned around and blamed the Democrats for problems caused by their own Republican governors turning away grants that would have helped them. Thank a Republican for feeding off the 'I can't keep my old plan, Obama lied!' spiel, instead of recognizing that the elimination of fraudulent and scam plans by the ACA was a good thing for everyone. Thanks a Republican every time they gave a megaphone to someone who complained about their premium going up, without ever realizing that the plan they had before wasn't actually health insurance, and that now they had legitimate health insurance instead of a funnily worded prescription coverage plans with co-pays as high as their stand alone monthly premium. Thank a Republican for lying to you, to benefit themselves at your expense.

When you're all done with that, thank yourself for letting it happen. If they do dismantle the ACA and millions of American go back to being uninsured (which guaranteed raises costs for everyone else), you can thank yourself for that too.

You forgot to thank a Crat for actively taking money I need to pay my bills out of my pocket and giving me nothing in return. If not for O'Care, Hillary might be president. I will settle for O'Care being repealed. I would like single payer, but it may not happen. At least I won't be paying a fine on top of not having healthcare. I doubt the Crats would have provided single payer either. Just a higher fine and crippling debt.
12-11-2016, 06:31 AM
(12-11-2016 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 11:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You can all thank your precious Obama for my Trump vote. I voted for him the first time he ran. Then he reached balls deep into my pockets, took money for not having healthcare that I couldn't afford and gave me nothing in return. I am sick of taxation without representation. Sick of being marginalized because I happen to be white. Had he at least been fair, I may have voted for Hillary. I do not want a continuation of the last 8 years. I can't afford it.

Oh please. The costs are going to increase heavily. Have to pay for the elderly and the (lazy young).
12-11-2016, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 06:44 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-11-2016 06:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Oh please. The costs are going to increase heavily. Have to pay for the elderly and the (lazy young).

The way you get costs down is by having everyone insured by the government, then having the health care providers competing with each other for the business of such a huge block. You know, collective bargaining, with the entire citizenry all in one big pool who can wield enormous bargaining power. Like unions used to, before Republicans gutted them. Not only that, but by having everyone insured, you spread the cost more evenly. Uninsured people who go to the ER are still going to get treated, and what they cannot pay, already gets passed on to everyone else through increased costs for those who have insurance. We are already paying for everyone's health care, but doing it piece meal is far more expensive. Plus it doesn't cover the wide range of preventative care, which in catching problems sooner, also saving money long term.

Premiums are going up because the ACA is a half-measure, thanks to Republicans; and they are never going to give you single payer. Repealing the ACA won't solve your problems, and most likely will only exacerbate them, as Republicans are given a blank check to rewrite the books in the name of 'reform'. Then again, we don't have a cure for stupid either, so you're shit out of luck either way.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 07:40 AM
(12-11-2016 06:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 06:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Oh please. The costs are going to increase heavily. Have to pay for the elderly and the (lazy young).

The way you get costs down is by having everyone insured by the government, then having the health care providers competing with each other for the business of such a huge block. You know, collective bargaining, with the entire citizenry all in one big pool who can wield enormous bargaining power. Like unions used to, before Republicans gutted them. Not only that, but by having everyone insured, you spread the cost more evenly. Uninsured people who go to the ER are still going to get treated, and what they cannot pay, already gets passed on to everyone else through increased costs for those who have insurance. We are already paying for everyone's health care, but doing it piece meal is far more expensive. Plus it doesn't cover the wide range of preventative care, which in catching problems sooner, also saving money long term.

Premiums are going up because the ACA is a half-measure, thanks to Republicans; and they are never going to give you single payer. Repealing the ACA won't solve your problems, and most likely will only exacerbate them, as Republicans are given a blank check to rewrite the books in the name of 'reform'. Then again, we don't have a cure for stupid either, so you're shit out of luck either way.

Forcing people to pay for something that they can't afford was not the answer. I agree that people should all be insured, but it should be under single payer. Taking money directly from me to insure people that don't work, was not the right thing to do. Either cover everyone or use the fines to give the people that are paying the fines some form of healthcare. To say "You can't afford it, so here's your fine.", then giving the ones who pay the fines nothing but a higher fine the next year was fucking aweful. I can't wait for whatever it is you do for a living to go down in value, so you can pay those fines as well.
12-11-2016, 08:31 AM
(12-11-2016 07:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Forcing people to pay for something that they can't afford was not the answer. I agree that people should all be insured, but it should be under single payer. Taking money directly from me to insure people that don't work, was not the right thing to do. Either cover everyone or use the fines to give the people that are paying the fines some form of healthcare. To say "You can't afford it, so here's your fine.", then giving the ones who pay the fines nothing but a higher fine the next year was fucking aweful. I can't wait for whatever it is you do for a living to go down in value, so you can pay those fines as well.

Republicans fucked up the ACA, and you rewarded them for it by voting for them.

[Image: 0mKXcg1.gif]

So now you hope I can't afford health care? Because you got the short end of the stick, and decided the best solution was capitulation to the ones who fucked you? Nope. You can go fuck yourself hard, with a cactus.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 09:30 AM
(11-11-2016 11:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 10:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That is how many of his supporters apparently see him.
Drinking Beverage

You have your head so far up your ass its mind numbing.
Born in the USA - check
Born male - check
Born white - check
Marginalized - Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-11-2016, 10:09 AM
(12-11-2016 08:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 07:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Forcing people to pay for something that they can't afford was not the answer. I agree that people should all be insured, but it should be under single payer. Taking money directly from me to insure people that don't work, was not the right thing to do. Either cover everyone or use the fines to give the people that are paying the fines some form of healthcare. To say "You can't afford it, so here's your fine.", then giving the ones who pay the fines nothing but a higher fine the next year was fucking aweful. I can't wait for whatever it is you do for a living to go down in value, so you can pay those fines as well.

Republicans fucked up the ACA, and you rewarded them for it by voting for them.

[Image: 0mKXcg1.gif]

So now you hope I can't afford health care? Because you got the short end of the stick, and decided the best solution was capitulation to the ones who fucked you? Nope. You can go fuck yourself hard, with a cactus.

The only way you are going to relate is to be in the same boat. As long as you can afford whatever happens with healthcare, anyone that can't can go fuck themselves? You seriously need to reevaluate your priorities.