Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-11-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: Ranting corner
The ACA had very little to do with making sure everyone had health care.

Plain and simple -- it's corporate welfare for rich insurance companies - WHO MAKE A PROFIT - at the expense of your health care.

If you really think that insurance companies really give a rat's ass about your health -- you need to pick up some more insurance -- for mental health coverage -- - because you're out of your mind......

Insurance companies want to do ONE thing --- make money.

And they don't make money - taking care of a bunch of sick people....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-11-2016, 11:35 AM
(12-11-2016 08:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 07:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Forcing people to pay for something that they can't afford was not the answer. I agree that people should all be insured, but it should be under single payer. Taking money directly from me to insure people that don't work, was not the right thing to do. Either cover everyone or use the fines to give the people that are paying the fines some form of healthcare. To say "You can't afford it, so here's your fine.", then giving the ones who pay the fines nothing but a higher fine the next year was fucking aweful. I can't wait for whatever it is you do for a living to go down in value, so you can pay those fines as well.

Republicans fucked up the ACA, and you rewarded them for it by voting for them.

[Image: 0mKXcg1.gif]

So now you hope I can't afford health care? Because you got the short end of the stick, and decided the best solution was capitulation to the ones who fucked you? Nope. You can go fuck yourself hard, with a cactus.

Republicans fucked up O'Care? Give me a fucking break. Your master Obama, handed over the Health Care Bill over to the very people that were going to profit from it. The fucking greedy insurance companies. Since you have no problem with the government mandating that everyone has to buy a certain product, perhaps you would not mind if everyone has to buy a trailer from my employer (whether or not they have a vehicle that can pull it) and the government is going to fine you if you don't? Do you see where your logic is fucking faulty?
12-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Lol your god Trump is now saying he will keep many elements of Obama care, have you noticed how different he is since winning ? Much more subdued its almost like he is saying I am totally overwhelmed and under qualified and I'm a bit scared.
How many more promises will he default on or be unable to deliver.... Frankly you got pwned
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
12-11-2016, 01:46 PM
(12-11-2016 11:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 08:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Republicans fucked up the ACA, and you rewarded them for it by voting for them.

[Image: 0mKXcg1.gif]

So now you hope I can't afford health care? Because you got the short end of the stick, and decided the best solution was capitulation to the ones who fucked you? Nope. You can go fuck yourself hard, with a cactus.

Republicans fucked up O'Care? Give me a fucking break. Your master Obama, handed over the Health Care Bill over to the very people that were going to profit from it. The fucking greedy insurance companies. Since you have no problem with the government mandating that everyone has to buy a certain product, perhaps you would not mind if everyone has to buy a trailer from my employer (whether or not they have a vehicle that can pull it) and the government is going to fine you if you don't? Do you see where your logic is fucking faulty?

Not everyone needs a trailer or will ever need a trailer.

At some point everyone needs healthcare at some level.

Try again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Sooooo.....

I'm at the grocery store in line, and hear a group of guys openly say that we need to repeal the 18th amendment.

Yes..

We need to repeal the amendment that made booze illegal.

"Dude," I say, "that was repealed already. By the 21st"

They argue that it wasn't.

Then a guy whips out his smart phone....face turns bright red.

"It must have been the 17th amendment."

Me: the one that said senators should be elected by the people instead of the legislators?

Fucking idiots.

Way back in high school my us history made us memorize every single amendment to the constitution. I never once believed that was important.

Until now....

I believe they were bitching about 19th amendment or maybe the 15th.

But I wasn't waiting to figure it out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Dear people whose applications I'm reviewing:

Seven of you don't meet the minimum requirements. Sixteen of you can't be assed to turn in the full set of requested documentation. And four of YOu have RANdom CApitaLIZATIONS in your DOCUMEnts. Oh and one of you gave a sample syllabus that shows you have zero respect for your students.

Right now my best candidate among you is Giant Meteor 2016.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-11-2016, 07:54 PM
(12-11-2016 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sooooo.....

I'm at the grocery store in line, and hear a group of guys openly say that we need to repeal the 18th amendment.

Yes..

We need to repeal the amendment that made booze illegal.

"Dude," I say, "that was repealed already. By the 21st"

They argue that it wasn't.

Then a guy whips out his smart phone....face turns bright red.

"It must have been the 17th amendment."

Me: the one that said senators should be elected by the people instead of the legislators?

Fucking idiots.

Way back in high school my us history made us memorize every single amendment to the constitution. I never once believed that was important.

Until now....

I believe they were bitching about 19th amendment or maybe the 15th.

But I wasn't waiting to figure it out.

<cringes> Weren't there only 10, then? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-11-2016, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 08:06 PM by Fireball.)
(12-11-2016 06:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Dear people whose applications I'm reviewing:

Seven of you don't meet the minimum requirements. Sixteen of you can't be assed to turn in the full set of requested documentation. And four of YOu have RANdom CApitaLIZATIONS in your DOCUMEnts. Oh and one of you gave a sample syllabus that shows you have zero respect for your students.

Right now my best candidate among you is Giant Meteor 2016.

I'm hearing you about proper documentation. When I worked as an engineer, sometimes I would see gaping holes in the process (we assembled and tested communications equipment into large structures, which required cranes and all kinds of contortions by the personnel). Early in the process, I would point out those gaping holes. I'd get daggers from every corner of the room! I was taken aside and told not to do that. I stuck to my guns and said, "What kind of chumps are we, that we have to wait until the shit hits the fan, and the government looks at us like we are stupid for not seeing it?" We could look into mitigating the problem long before it caused a schedule slip, which could be millions of dollars. I guess if the schedule slips, we make more money. Must be the case, because on one program I saved the government customer $33M and ended up with the worst performance review of my "career" that year.
12-11-2016, 08:16 PM
uuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh Facebook right now Facepalm
I'm going to take a break from social media and spend that time doing something more productive, for instance... literally anything else.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
12-11-2016, 08:20 PM
(12-11-2016 08:16 PM)cactus Wrote:  uuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh Facebook right now Facepalm
I'm going to take a break from social media and spend that time doing something more productive, for instance... literally anything else.

I logged out and just can't go back.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces