I'm over it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-11-2016 09:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 09:12 PM)Loom Wrote:  Lately my hands have been getting dry and cracked in this cool fall weather. So today I had the brilliant idea of using a coconut-salt scrub to get rid of the dead skin and soften my hands.

I am an idiot.

My hands are feel like I dipped them into a vat of flaming hot cactus spines.

Not even lotion cannot save me now.

Get some Eucerin Intensive Repair lotion. It doesn't have any perfumes so doesn't dry or sting. Works really well and really fast...no smell and not greasy. You can find it at most drugstores, grocery stores, and big box stores.

Eucerin is the stuff! Yes
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-11-2016, 11:27 PM
(14-11-2016 09:51 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Staring malevolently at a broken hard drive that I need to take apart so that I can mangle the data platters to make them unreadable. Razzafracking hexalobular screws! *mutter mutter snarl* Maybe there are some Torx bits in My power drill case. (If not, I'll have to drill the screws out like I did the last time.)

A large nail and a hammer. That's all you need. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2016, 11:49 PM
(14-11-2016 09:51 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Staring malevolently at a broken hard drive that I need to take apart so that I can mangle the data platters to make them unreadable. Razzafracking hexalobular screws! *mutter mutter snarl* Maybe there are some Torx bits in My power drill case. (If not, I'll have to drill the screws out like I did the last time.)

(14-11-2016 11:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  A large nail and a hammer. That's all you need. Drinking Beverage

I did have to use the drill to break into the case, and after fussing with the thing that holds the platter in place I realized that it was possible to release the platter by pounding on the spindle from the other side of the case.

Drive has now officially joined the Choir Invisible. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
15-11-2016, 05:48 AM
urgh...

Defacto, would you please get off my goddamned back about going outside and being places I have no interest in being in?

Why on earth do you care if I am locked away in my room where I am comfortable or if I am out and about suffering where I'd rather not be?

So damn sick of this guy and his fucking preaching. I don't tell him how to live his damn life. Where does he get off telling me how to live mine?

I'm just completely spent with this 'you just have to get out more' bullshit. I hear it constantly and I'm done with it. Yeah, I know it would probably be good if I did get out more, but hearing it every day is just tiring and is not remotely helpful. Every fucking time I have to hear or see that damn platitude, I have to expend just a little bit more of my mental energy pushing back on the feelings of guilt and failure for having to be reminded because I don't 'do it enough'. You know what? I can barely get out of bed some mornings. Yesterday it took me 4 fucking hours just to sit up and move the grand 30 centimetres to sit in my chair. 2 hours today. And it's expected of me to go out and do things?

Oh what I would give to live in a world of happy-happy-joy-joy retarded ignorance full of life and energy but I simply fucking don't and I don't need the constant goddamned reminder that there are people who do manage to live a life where the don't regret fucking waking up every other morning.

You know the most infuriating thing about this bullshit I have to put up with?

Before I told my mother, and she told him, he didn't give a single fuck what I was doing so long as I was not being noisy. And now that he knows that I have a disease I can't control, he's interested AND a fucking expert on such matters with authority to dictate and lecture me about it.

I'll take his lectures on how to live when he knows what it's like to wake up each morning and feel a thought in the back of his mind tell him "Shit. Just had to wake up again, didn't I?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-11-2016, 06:38 AM
(15-11-2016 05:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  urgh...

Defacto, would you please get off my goddamned back about going outside and being places I have no interest in being in?

Why on earth do you care if I am locked away in my room where I am comfortable or if I am out and about suffering where I'd rather not be?

So damn sick of this guy and his fucking preaching. I don't tell him how to live his damn life. Where does he get off telling me how to live mine?

I'm just completely spent with this 'you just have to get out more' bullshit. I hear it constantly and I'm done with it. Yeah, I know it would probably be good if I did get out more, but hearing it every day is just tiring and is not remotely helpful. Every fucking time I have to hear or see that damn platitude, I have to expend just a little bit more of my mental energy pushing back on the feelings of guilt and failure for having to be reminded because I don't 'do it enough'. You know what? I can barely get out of bed some mornings. Yesterday it took me 4 fucking hours just to sit up and move the grand 30 centimetres to sit in my chair. 2 hours today. And it's expected of me to go out and do things?

Oh what I would give to live in a world of happy-happy-joy-joy retarded ignorance full of life and energy but I simply fucking don't and I don't need the constant goddamned reminder that there are people who do manage to live a life where the don't regret fucking waking up every other morning.

You know the most infuriating thing about this bullshit I have to put up with?

Before I told my mother, and she told him, he didn't give a single fuck what I was doing so long as I was not being noisy. And now that he knows that I have a disease I can't control, he's interested AND a fucking expert on such matters with authority to dictate and lecture me about it.

I'll take his lectures on how to live when he knows what it's like to wake up each morning and feel a thought in the back of his mind tell him "Shit. Just had to wake up again, didn't I?"

Undecided Sorry amigo. Does coming here count as getting out more? 'Cos you should hang out here more Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-11-2016, 10:29 AM

Now now, you know Clinton wouldn't approve. She wants you to hang onto everything, just in case it can be used against you. Her stuff on the other hand, she wants help getting rid of.
15-11-2016, 10:32 AM
(15-11-2016 10:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Now now, you know Clinton wouldn't approve. She wants you to hang onto everything, just in case it can be used against you. Her stuff on the other hand, she wants help getting rid of.
Id be careful man Astreja is a formidable poster and likely to rip you a new one Big Grin Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-11-2016, 10:37 AM
(15-11-2016 10:32 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Dodgy

Well its true she's smart,quick, formidable,I've gotta lot of respect for her.