Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-11-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-11-2016 05:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 04:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I hate having no money. I need one of those mics that are good to use for youtube.

Some of those spring suspended studio mics run a couple grand. Shocking

Some are 100 bucks. Work just as well.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Okay I will never complain about having a too-busy weekend, ever again. Hobo Car's alternator and battery crapped out on me, leaving me stranded for a bit. Luckily my brother came into town and he got a new alternator and battery put on. But yeah, I left the house to go to the store at around 1:30, I think and didn't get home 'til about 6:30. Hobo Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
20-11-2016, 08:00 PM
(20-11-2016 07:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Okay I will never complain about having a too-busy weekend, ever again. Hobo Car's alternator and battery crapped out on me, leaving me stranded for a bit. Luckily my brother came into town and he got a new alternator and battery put on. But yeah, I left the house to go to the store at around 1:30, I think and didn't get home 'til about 6:30. Hobo Hobo

Breakdowns stink out loud. I try to keep up on batteries, especially. They used to fail gracefully (I'm talking 30 years ago). You'd get in the car, and it'd crank over kind of slowly, and you'd know that the battery or maybe the starter were going, and you could get it checked. Nowadays, everything is fine; then you get in the car and...nothing. It's in the design of the batteries, believe it or not. The plates are closer to the bottom of the cells, and when a chunk of crud flakes off one of the plates, it falls, but doesn't clear the plates like it used to, and can short them out. One dead cell, your vehicle doesn't start. Batteries are like beer; you only rent them. Once a battery is 4 years old, I have it checked, frequently. It is false economy to wait for it to die. Not gigging you on this, how could you have possibly known? But, going forward, if anyone has a battery that is 4 or more years old, get it checked for free at the auto parts store. If you don't know how old it is, get it checked now! [/mechanic], which I was for many years.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-11-2016, 11:55 PM
(20-11-2016 08:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 07:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Okay I will never complain about having a too-busy weekend, ever again. Hobo Car's alternator and battery crapped out on me, leaving me stranded for a bit. Luckily my brother came into town and he got a new alternator and battery put on. But yeah, I left the house to go to the store at around 1:30, I think and didn't get home 'til about 6:30. Hobo Hobo

Breakdowns stink out loud. I try to keep up on batteries, especially. They used to fail gracefully (I'm talking 30 years ago). You'd get in the car, and it'd crank over kind of slowly, and you'd know that the battery or maybe the starter were going, and you could get it checked. Nowadays, everything is fine; then you get in the car and...nothing. It's in the design of the batteries, believe it or not. The plates are closer to the bottom of the cells, and when a chunk of crud flakes off one of the plates, it falls, but doesn't clear the plates like it used to, and can short them out. One dead cell, your vehicle doesn't start. Batteries are like beer; you only rent them. Once a battery is 4 years old, I have it checked, frequently. It is false economy to wait for it to die. Not gigging you on this, how could you have possibly known? But, going forward, if anyone has a battery that is 4 or more years old, get it checked for free at the auto parts store. If you don't know how old it is, get it checked now! [/mechanic], which I was for many years.

Thanks for the advice. Smile I haven't had the car very long - it'll be 2 years in January of next year. It's a 2005 Honda Accord. I've never replaced either of these parts, but I've no idea if the previous owner ever did.

Anyway, the car did give a bit of warning, I suppose, but not too terribly much of one. Yesterday, when we started the car, the engine did that sort of "jump" thing that they'll sometimes do on cold mornings, so I wasn't super worried. But then today when I went to crank it (was going to the store for prescription and some cough drops 'cause poor Rev has been under the weather) and it had some trouble getting started. Undecided

I should have gone back in and asked Rev to come with me to the store just in case but he's been feeling so bad, and I admit I was kind of hoping that maybe it was nothing and would be okay once I got going. Anyway, got to the store and when I came back out to crank it, it sounded even worse. Struggled even more.

Panicked for a minute but then told myself to chill and just go to AutoZone and let them test it...

To be continued, as I had to leave to go get my son. Will pick up tomorrow sometime. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
21-11-2016, 12:23 AM
(20-11-2016 11:55 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 08:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Breakdowns stink out loud. I try to keep up on batteries, especially. They used to fail gracefully (I'm talking 30 years ago). You'd get in the car, and it'd crank over kind of slowly, and you'd know that the battery or maybe the starter were going, and you could get it checked. Nowadays, everything is fine; then you get in the car and...nothing. It's in the design of the batteries, believe it or not. The plates are closer to the bottom of the cells, and when a chunk of crud flakes off one of the plates, it falls, but doesn't clear the plates like it used to, and can short them out. One dead cell, your vehicle doesn't start. Batteries are like beer; you only rent them. Once a battery is 4 years old, I have it checked, frequently. It is false economy to wait for it to die. Not gigging you on this, how could you have possibly known? But, going forward, if anyone has a battery that is 4 or more years old, get it checked for free at the auto parts store. If you don't know how old it is, get it checked now! [/mechanic], which I was for many years.

Thanks for the advice. Smile I haven't had the car very long - it'll be 2 years in January of next year. It's a 2005 Honda Accord. I've never replaced either of these parts, but I've no idea if the previous owner ever did.

Anyway, the car did give a bit of warning, I suppose, but not too terribly much of one. Yesterday, when we started the car, the engine did that sort of "jump" thing that they'll sometimes do on cold mornings, so I wasn't super worried. But then today when I went to crank it (was going to the store for prescription and some cough drops 'cause poor Rev has been under the weather) and it had some trouble getting started. Undecided

I should have gone back in and asked Rev to come with me to the store just in case but he's been feeling so bad, and I admit I was kind of hoping that maybe it was nothing and would be okay once I got going. Anyway, got to the store and when I came back out to crank it, it sounded even worse. Struggled even more.

Panicked for a minute but then told myself to chill and just go to AutoZone and let them test it...

To be continued, as I had to leave to go get my son. Will pick up tomorrow sometime. Hobo

Just be sure to take care of it and change the oil at regular intervals. Honda Accords are practically bulletproof when it comes to reliability, and it's not uncommon to see them hit 200K miles or more. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-11-2016, 06:53 AM
(19-11-2016 11:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 07:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Actually I just enjoy giving stupid, callous, ignorant, dipshits like you grief.

Plus Obama won the popular vote in 2012. Cunt.

Seriously. People like Birdy just repeat shit and never ever try to verify it.

He's part of the lazy electorate.

The only thing I need to know is that with the Obamacare thing, Obama told a bunch of us to bend over and grab our ankles. I got screwed with that one. I make too much money to qualify for any help, yet not enough that I can just give away money. My vote was a vote against 4-8 more years of taxation without representation. Do you get it now? I doubt it. I remember bleeding heart liberals like you back in the nineties. I was a kid still in the early nineties. I remember the first black student our school system got. It was pathetic watching all the white morons apologize to him for slavery. You know, something that in this country was gone 100's of years before any of us were born? Not so much in some of the countries Walmart gets their cheap shit they sell. I will apologize to black people for slavery right about the time they start to thank white people for all the white people that died trying to end slavery. I don't think they should have to, because it was hundreds of years before anyone alive today was born. By the same logic, I had nothing to do with it. I'd bet the Clinton family has been in this country long enough and had money long enough that they probably had quite a few slaves back in the day. Do you see why the divided politics of the Crats doesn't work? I highly doubt it. #End Liberalism.
21-11-2016, 08:15 AM
Firstly birdguy it was interesting to note that Clinton got one million more votes than Trump but your system is your system and he won so be happy for a change I would have thought you would have been a little less angry now after all Trump is going to fix everything and make life better isn't he ? Big Grin All this rhetoric about bleeding heart liberals end liberalism etc yours is the politics of anger hatred division but to me you come across as angry insecure and afraid. My hope for you is that one day you find peace with both yourself and the world as it is.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-11-2016, 12:07 PM
(21-11-2016 12:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 11:55 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks for the advice. Smile I haven't had the car very long - it'll be 2 years in January of next year. It's a 2005 Honda Accord. I've never replaced either of these parts, but I've no idea if the previous owner ever did.

Just be sure to take care of it and change the oil at regular intervals. Honda Accords are practically bulletproof when it comes to reliability, and it's not uncommon to see them hit 200K miles or more. Thumbsup

I get the oil changed often. Probably more often than is strictly necesssary - typically every 3,000 miles I get it changed. It has been a good little car to me so far.

21-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Feeling depressed and down again. Sad

21-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Best car I ever had was a really old Honda civic reliable fun to drive and a gorgeous powder blue colour then some cunt drove into it while parked, I was gutted.