Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-11-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-11-2012 03:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No need to get your knickers in a twist gov'.
Then don't try to give me a wedgie next time. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
28-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Ranting corner
(28-11-2012 02:44 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  No no, control is the one who *doesn't* get stuff done to them...

The idea is that when you experiment on some population e.g. treating an illness, you have a control group whom you don't treat (or give a placebo), which tells you the base rate at which the disease is healed naturally. Your treatment is only useful if you do better than that base rate.
Yeah, I know what a control group is, but wasn't sure how things would work in this particular scenario Consider

I thought he was asking to be controlled. You know, like by a dominatrix. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-11-2012, 11:14 PM
(28-11-2012 09:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 02:44 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, I know what a control group is, but wasn't sure how things would work in this particular scenario Consider

I thought he was asking to be controlled. You know, like by a dominatrix. Drinking Beverage

SPANK MA NAUGHTY BEHIND!
28-11-2012, 11:44 PM
(28-11-2012 11:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 09:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I thought he was asking to be controlled. You know, like by a dominatrix. Drinking Beverage

SPANK MA NAUGHTY BEHIND!
I just know that you're getting all worked up at home right now. Big Grin
[Image: 20490112.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-11-2012, 11:45 PM
And in further news, that search of the Google machine gave me this picture:

[Image: fail-owned-spankme-building-naming-fail.jpg]

~Izel
29-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Speaking of naming fails

[Image: bmii21pvf4.jpg]

I seem to be stuck in an endless loop of talking about or making references to asses

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
29-11-2012, 02:36 AM
(28-11-2012 08:13 PM)amyb Wrote:  Lol. Some dude I went to grade school with was upset that I said Jesse Ventura is probably not the best possible potential presidential candidate for 2016, and then went on to ask wtf I've done lately, several ad hominem attacks and nonsequiturs, including (mistakenly thinking I am a witch because I was kinda gothy in high school) telling me to do a curse and see what happens.

Anyway, I was polite the entire time, because that's just how I roll. I'm just confused as to wtf his problem is.
Some people can't handle any disagreement or difference of opinion whatsoever. If you do not think like them, you're stupid and/or crazy. And a bitch. We have a saying in my country: "Spit and move on." (Doesn't man you have to spit at the person, thoughWink) And the military bit is such bull.

(28-11-2012 09:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I thought he was asking to be controlled. You know, like by a dominatrix. Drinking Beverage
I've down that road on these very boards. Didn't end too well, so I refuse to go down it again Bechased

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
29-11-2012, 02:50 AM
(29-11-2012 02:36 AM)Vera Wrote:  Some people can't handle any disagreement or difference of opinion whatsoever. If you do not think like them, you're stupid and/or crazy. And a bitch. We have a saying in my country: "Spit and move on." (Doesn't man you have to spit at the person, thoughWink) And the military bit is such bull.
True dat. And he repeatedly spoke of "stupid things" i've done in the past, which he didn't "hold against me until now." I haven't the faintest idea what things he's talking about. If I did anything stupid in the past 20 years, he'd be the last person to know about it, considering I haven't spoken to him in that long. I think he may be talking about me either studying non-Christian religions in my spare time, or saying negative things about christianity. In any case, I don't regret any of that.

He actually said he got a head injury in Iraq, so I think maybe it affected his thinking. In that case, I sort of pity him because he apparently doesn't think right anymore. Even if the issue was merely my opinion on Jesse Ventura, why bring up MY past or my religion at all? Completely irrelevant. I don't like Jesse Ventura. No need to take it personally.

I'm mainly annoyed now that the mutual friend hasn't been online all day, so I can't vent to him about this matter and try to find out why, exactly, he still talks to this dude. ^_^
29-11-2012, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 03:55 AM by Vera.)
(29-11-2012 02:50 AM)amyb Wrote:  True dat. And he repeatedly spoke of "stupid things" i've done in the past, which he didn't "hold against me until now." I haven't the faintest idea what things he's talking about. If I did anything stupid in the past 20 years, he'd be the last person to know about it, considering I haven't spoken to him in that long. I think he may be talking about me either studying non-Christian religions in my spare time, or saying negative things about christianity. In any case, I don't regret any of that.

He actually said he got a head injury in Iraq, so I think maybe it affected his thinking. In that case, I sort of pity him because he apparently doesn't think right anymore. Even if the issue was merely my opinion on Jesse Ventura, why bring up MY past or my religion at all? Completely irrelevant. I don't like Jesse Ventura. No need to take it personally.

I'm mainly annoyed now that the mutual friend hasn't been online all day, so I can't vent to him about this matter and try to find out why, exactly, he still talks to this dude. ^_^
Excuse me, but who is he (or anyone for that matter) to hold anything against you? Really, the audacity of people never ceases to amaze.

(I hear you about the Jesse Ventura thing - not too sure who he is, but that's irrelevantWink); seriously, people who get all bent out of shape because someone dares say something even mildly negative about a person, idea, movie, TV series, band, what have you, that they like, are among the most annoying insecure ones you can ever hope not to meet).
[Image: tumblr_m3ttkmrGqN1qb8oj3o1_400.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
29-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Gotta get up at 7:30 to take my bike in to get assessed for the insurance claim.
It's gonna take an hour and a half he said...

My plan was drop the bike off at 8:30, walk down to the cinema and catch a 9o'clock movie.
Problem?
Yes, there is a problem. The earliest movie is 10:45..

FML.

So I have decided to go fishing instead, I should have thought of that to begin with, far cheaper.

[Image: oscar.png]