Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-11-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-11-2016 07:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 06:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If people truly believe their healthcare costs will go down, I believe they're fucking dreaming. They'll be paying more and receiving less coverage than they do now.

The medical insurance companies popped the champagne when trump was elected. Especially when Ryan announced he wants to gut Medicare.

Older people spend a lot of time going to the doctor. Not to mention rehab facilities aftrer major surgeries. Medicare pays for 100 days of that...it's 4K a week for a decent one. The average stay for older people is two weeks.

That will throw people back into the regular health care system without all those pesky reimbursement rules Medicare expects doctors to follow (some which actually make more sense than some believe).

I just got a letter today that stated my insurance will end December 31. I'll have to find a new company, primary doc, the works.
Sorry man Hug Went through that last month when mine said they were withdrawing from here. Best of luck though! It can be a stressful pain in the butt.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Shot myself in the foot.
Agreed to swap shifts with a dude at work, my Thursday for his Saturday.
It's same job and same hours so I didn't think anything of it until now. My pay period ends today. And I swapped the shift for tomorrow. Meaning my normal hours are going to be 4 hours short (which is an issue because it's like $80) and considering this pay period has been absolute garbage, a grand total of 26.5 hours in two weeks, my pay check wasn't exactly going to be good to begin with. OH and my rent went up because we moved to a place with higher rent so my expenses went up $20 a week, or $40 a pay period. So basically I'm out $120 this fortnight.

Fuck. Two weeks of 2minute noodles here I come.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
25-11-2016, 04:54 AM
Woke up at 4am to Christmas Country Crap blasting from the MIL's tv.

[Image: stewie-nose-bleed-o.gif]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
25-11-2016, 11:07 AM
(25-11-2016 04:54 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Woke up at 4am to Christmas Country Crap blasting from the MIL's tv.

[Image: stewie-nose-bleed-o.gif]
So which type are we talking about though?

This:
"an' then, Santa said, 'Jesus take the sleigh's wheel. Ah gotta deliver some Freedom on them ISIS guys!'."

or this:

"It said, we don't have our house no more, I wish we could go home; Mama says we will some day and she prays it won't be long; But they closed daddy's factory and took most of our things; Now Santa, I don't need to much, so this year could you bring...Bring my mom a coat that's warm, 'cause the one she's got is awful torn; Maybe dad could help you work, makin' toys for boys and girls. Oh Santa, if you can't find me We're livin' out here on the street..."

Either way, sounds unpleasant. Sad Perhaps this is a bit better?

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
26-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Can I take a moment to say F*CK USA's healthcare. $60 COPAY (oh gods...without insurance...don't even want to think about it) just to answer a couple questions from my psychiatrist. Less than 10 minutes in the office.

I worked 6 hours to be seen for 10 fcking minutes.

And then medications! Fckin'ell I'm paying $60 to get a refill for just one of my prescriptions. I go through about $100 a month on meds alone just so I can be sane and function normally. In the more civilized countries this would be FREE. Or something like $8...y'know...REASONABLE.

Gods I hope I never actually end up in the hospital for any reason. I would be screwed. I'd probably have to pay $50 for a water in some cheap paper cup.

This is f'd up. In no other 'first world' country would you find so many citizens filing bankrupcy because they couldn't afford to pay their medical bills.

Healthcare here is a joke. A fcking joke.

I'm serious about moving to Canada or heck, Sweden, New Zealand, or even Australia and their fcking massive spiders, just SOMEWHERE BETTER, once I'm mentally and financially prepared to do so. Which with all these ridiculous expenses, is gonna take a long fcking time.

/endrant

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
26-11-2016, 01:30 AM
What the fuck is a Library science degree.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-11-2016, 01:45 AM
(26-11-2016 01:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  What the fuck is a Library science degree.

It's a big deal. Seriously. I used to work in the Library Science department. I worked there for 10 years. Best custodian they ever had. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-11-2016, 06:31 AM
(26-11-2016 12:15 AM)Loom Wrote:  Can I take a moment to say F*CK USA's healthcare. $60 COPAY (oh gods...without insurance...don't even want to think about it) just to answer a couple questions from my psychiatrist. Less than 10 minutes in the office.

I worked 6 hours to be seen for 10 fcking minutes.

And then medications! Fckin'ell I'm paying $60 to get a refill for just one of my prescriptions. I go through about $100 a month on meds alone just so I can be sane and function normally. In the more civilized countries this would be FREE. Or something like $8...y'know...REASONABLE.

Gods I hope I never actually end up in the hospital for any reason. I would be screwed. I'd probably have to pay $50 for a water in some cheap paper cup.

This is f'd up. In no other 'first world' country would you find so many citizens filing bankrupcy because they couldn't afford to pay their medical bills.

Healthcare here is a joke. A fcking joke.

I'm serious about moving to Canada or heck, Sweden, New Zealand, or even Australia and their fcking massive spiders, just SOMEWHERE BETTER, once I'm mentally and financially prepared to do so. Which with all these ridiculous expenses, is gonna take a long fcking time.

/endrant

Obama made it far worse when he imposed a fine for not having healthcare. This means that if you can't afford it, you pay a fine. This fine entitles you to nothing but a bigger fine the following year and you still have to pay out of pocket to see a doctor. Are we starting to get the concept?
26-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Since miving away from home, I have really missed the Latin guys, but I have not missed 4 lane boulevards and 6 lane highways. Fucking traffic! Angry
26-11-2016, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 02:25 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Nearly got hit coming in to work to go over Search and Screen Committee crap. They nearly got me after running a red light, then proceeded to ride my tail for a mile, before pulling into their driveway, flanked by signs for their Evangelical church on one side and Trump/Pence on the other. Edit: For goodness sake, before you send a cover letter, make sure it's the right department, the right field, and the right university!!