Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-12-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-11-2016 04:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  WE HAVE NET! 5 fucking days without internet. This fucking close to just putting myself out of my misery and blowing my brains out Jesus Christ.

When I was your age (seriously), there was no such thing as internet. For years and years. And I survived.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
01-12-2016, 07:41 PM
(30-11-2016 05:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 04:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So every night I usually write for half an hour to an hour or so. Working on two books at the moment, my main one I've been working on forever that I keep having to rewrite because I keep changing shit, and another one I started recently which is a final result of a month or so of jotting down ideas. The problem I have though is that I have no fucking idea if what I'm writing is any fucking good. I don't read. The last book I read was in high school and because I had too. I can't fucking stand reading books. And so I've probably written a bunch of fucking trash and I'm not even aware of how trash it is because I've got nothing to compare it too. Oh well.
Are you writing fiction or non fiction?

Fiction. Medieval fantasy type shit to be exact for one and future dystopia 1984 style for another. Which I do understand is two very different genres. BUT they're actually not that much different story writing wise.

Quote:When I was your age (seriously), there was no such thing as internet. For years and years. And I survived.

Just as man survive without oxygen when we were nothing but humble rock slim soaking in the suns rays. It's called evolution. Tongue

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
01-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Quote:Person in Catholic FB group: Dennis Prager is perhaps the only Jew that gets my approval... mostly. *posts link to 'just say Merry Christmas'*

Person 2: What about that one guy, Jesus was it?

Person 1: Revelation 3:9.

Me: So you're basically saying with that Revelation verse that Jews are all lying about being Jews, and are Satanic?

Person 3 explains for Person 1: Saying the Judaism of Jesus' time is the same as Talmudic Judaism is a false equivalency. They are two very different religions, and if you look at the messy European history of it all, many Jews today do not even have blood dating back to Jesus' people.

Facepalm Please imagine this in Hagrid's voice, "Yer a Satanist Aliza!" This is sadly not the first time in this Catholic Facebook group, that people have posted a lot of stuff about omg how evil the Jews are.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-12-2016, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 04:19 AM by Loom.)
Gorramit I did sonething to my arm. Right where the bicep muscle tendon thingy attatches to the other muscle tendon thingy midway down my forearm...or something.

Haven't got a clue how it happened. I never did anything strenuous the day it started...heck I sat at the computer all day!

And now my arm wants to be a b*tch if I want to move it a certain way.

Gorram muscle tendon thingies!

(though really, if I got my anatomy right, it's the place where my deltoid and biceps brachii meet)

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
02-12-2016, 04:29 AM
(02-12-2016 04:10 AM)Loom Wrote:  Gorramit I did sonething to my arm. Right where the bicep muscle tendon thingy attatches to the other muscle tendon thingy midway down my forearm...or something.

Haven't got a clue how it happened. I never did anything strenuous the day it started...heck I sat at the computer all day!

And now my arm wants to be a b*tch if I want to move it a certain way.

Gorram muscle tendon thingies!

(though really, if I got my anatomy right, it's the place where my deltoid and biceps brachii meet)

I recommend immediate amputation at the shoulder Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-12-2016, 07:41 AM
(01-12-2016 09:55 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
Quote:Person in Catholic FB group: Dennis Prager is perhaps the only Jew that gets my approval... mostly. *posts link to 'just say Merry Christmas'*

Me: So you're basically saying with that Revelation verse that Jews are all lying about being Jews, and are Satanic?

Person 3 explains for Person 1: Saying the Judaism of Jesus' time is the same as Talmudic Judaism is a false equivalency. They are two very different religions, and if you look at the messy European history of it all, many Jews today do not even have blood dating back to Jesus' people.

Facepalm Please imagine this in Hagrid's voice, "Yer a Satanist Aliza!" This is sadly not the first time in this Catholic Facebook group, that people have posted a lot of stuff about omg how evil the Jews are.

People just love to hate us. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-12-2016, 08:53 AM
(01-12-2016 09:55 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

This seems to be a standard view among traditional Catholics: "Judaism ended with the destruction of the temple in AD 70 (like the religion was entirely dependent on temple worship), and what we have now is an entirely different religion." Right. I'm pretty sure that Christianity has changed more in the last 1900 years than Judaism has. But you won't hear anyone claiming that it's no longer Christianity.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
02-12-2016, 02:27 PM
We're (and by we I mean my flatmates) having a big flat warming party tonight. Ug, people.
So maybe expect some rants in about 12 hours time.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-12-2016, 02:33 PM
(02-12-2016 02:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We're (and by we I mean my flatmates) having a big flat warming party tonight. Ug, people.
So maybe expect some rants in about 12 hours time.

Cheer up it could be worse, you could have moved to the US. Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
02-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Replacing the battery in my phone: appointment needed to be scheduled three days in advance, then still took almost an hour. Really?!

And it cost $80.

Geniuses at the Genius Bar are laughing all the way to the bank.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post