Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-12-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-12-2016 01:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 11:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  A restaurant I ordered 16 bucks worth of food from yesterday failed to deliver it to me and is now refusing to refund the money I paid them online in advance. I spent the past two hours arguing with their support staff but even after showing them proof that their courier neither delivered the goods nor called me about a cancelled delivery, they refused to return my money to me. Now I have to contact a fucking lawyer and take them to fucking court just to get a fucking refund for a fucking order that wasn't fucking delivered. I am so fucking livid about this shit. Angry

I'd steal $32 of food from them.

Then torch the fucking place Tongue Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-12-2016, 01:34 PM
(10-12-2016 11:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  A restaurant I ordered 16 bucks worth of food from yesterday failed to deliver it to me and is now refusing to refund the money I paid them online in advance. I spent the past two hours arguing with their support staff but even after showing them proof that their courier neither delivered the goods nor called me about a cancelled delivery, they refused to return my money to me. Now I have to contact a fucking lawyer and take them to fucking court just to get a fucking refund for a fucking order that wasn't fucking delivered. I am so fucking livid about this shit. Angry

If you used a credit card, have the card company charge it back to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-12-2016, 02:08 PM
my mouth hurts Weeping

10-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Orogel its an effective topical local anaesthetic gel I feel sure there must be an American equivalent, might be worth a trip to the pharmacy.
10-12-2016, 03:45 PM
(10-12-2016 02:16 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Orogel its an effective topical local anaesthetic gel I feel sure there must be an American equivalent, might be worth a trip to the pharmacy.

I just busted out the good drugs and gave her some hydrocodone. Little Miss EA is out like a light and in no pain.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-12-2016, 05:04 PM
(10-12-2016 03:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 02:16 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Orogel its an effective topical local anaesthetic gel I feel sure there must be an American equivalent, might be worth a trip to the pharmacy.

I just busted out the good drugs and gave her some hydrocodone. Little Miss EA is out like a light and in no pain.

I am returned from the aether. Hobo The pain is still there (it is mostly at bay for the moment but it'll come back at full-force here after a bit, I'm sure) but not so bad as it was. I can't handle head pain very well. Tongue

10-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Waffles and fries.
So one 10ft container for waffles. This idea I had earlier. 'Little Liege'.
BUT what's better than 1? 2. So you have this black and gold (Belgium colours) 10ft container. And next to it you have like a light blue 10ft container that sells fancy fries.
Like this:
[Image: fries.png]

Both waffles and fries served like that aren't here. You'd have to go to Auckland to get that kind of "street" (not really street but you know what I mean) food.
Both have very good margins. Both are flexible, it's just a core product that you throw toppings at. Both require minimal equipment, a waffle iron and a deep fryer. And both are something people will buy when they're walking around shopping. Plus they compliment each other, it's not two deserts or two savoury. You can buy your fries than polish it down with a waffle. Plus more containers means more revenue.

I like the idea of two separate 10ft containers over 1 larger container doing both. I think it's important to focus and have like this container does this one thing, this one does that one thing. It's also two things to look at instead of one as far as customer acquisition goes. Plus if you keep them close you can cut costs by sharing a generator and seating if there's seating.

Consider what to name it. Maybe something "sexy" like a French womens name with 's Fries. Nah. Needs to be "fun". Hot Potato? Nah, lame.
All American Fries? Ehhh. I'll work on the name.
10-12-2016, 06:11 PM
(10-12-2016 06:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Waffles and fries.
So one 10ft container for waffles. This idea I had earlier. 'Little Liege'.
BUT what's better than 1? 2. So you have this black and gold (Belgium colours) 10ft container. And next to it you have like a light blue 10ft container that sells fancy fries.
Like this:
[Image: fries.png]

Both waffles and fries served like that aren't here. You'd have to go to Auckland to get that kind of "street" (not really street but you know what I mean) food.
Both have very good margins. Both are flexible, it's just a core product that you throw toppings at. Both require minimal equipment, a waffle iron and a deep fryer. And both are something people will buy when they're walking around shopping. Plus they compliment each other, it's not two deserts or two savoury. You can buy your fries than polish it down with a waffle. Plus more containers means more revenue.

I like the idea of two separate 10ft containers over 1 larger container doing both. I think it's important to focus and have like this container does this one thing, this one does that one thing. It's also two things to look at instead of one as far as customer acquisition goes. Plus if you keep them close you can cut costs by sharing a generator and seating if there's seating.

Consider what to name it. Maybe something "sexy" like a French womens name with 's Fries. Nah. Needs to be "fun". Hot Potato? Nah, lame.
All American Fries? Ehhh. I'll work on the name.

Fries to Rant About.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Right Okay, I've heard it all now, I've just been arguing with a Christian about all people being born atheist. He has just quoted an obscure verse about a baby kicking with joy in the womb on hearing someone's voice. I would like to meet this person to verify if it's me that is not normal. How can someone sit there behind a keyboard thinking the shite they are typing is valid in any way shape or form? I am at a loss.
10-12-2016, 06:33 PM
And I have just earned some kind of prize just for logging in! WTF