Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-11-2012, 05:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Quote:So I have decided to go fishing instead, I should have thought of that to begin with, far cheaper.

Go fishing, ay? So, you like fish sticks?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2012, 05:46 AM
(29-11-2012 05:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  
Quote:So I have decided to go fishing instead, I should have thought of that to begin with, far cheaper.

Go fishing, ay? So, you like fish sticks?

Big Grin
I do. I brought some cheap fishsticks from the grocery store today and had some for dinner. First time I've cooked something in ages...

But they were delicious.

Hopefully I can catch me a nice big Kahawai tomorrow. Fuck I could go for some nice fresh harbor caught right next to the no fishing sign Kahawai right about now..

[Image: oscar.png]
29-11-2012, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 06:13 AM by Filox.)
(29-11-2012 05:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 05:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  So, you like fish sticks?

I do.

Hahahahahaha, then you are a gay fish! Hahahahahahahahahaha...

I did it, I used genuine Jimmy Buffett joke!

Hahahahahaha

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
29-11-2012, 06:20 AM
the hell is a Kahawai ?

In other, more rant like news I bit my tongue because I yawned really wide..

I am angry now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-11-2012, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 06:42 AM by Filox.)
Australian salmon or Australasian salmon, known as kahawai in New Zealand, are
medium-sized perciform marine fish of the small family...

Was it that hard?

http://www.justfuckingoogleit.com

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
29-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Why yes Filox. Yes it was.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-11-2012, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 08:25 AM by Vera.)
I think I need help, again Sadcryface2 Any ideas about the meaning of the second part of the sentence below are appreciated. What am I missing? Does this mean they have to be quite certain amongst themselves who's gonna enter? Or for whom they'd venture to enter? Or...? Am I really getting stupider? Weeping

“Only one of you is to enter at a time to secure prisoners or collect our dead, and be conspicuous about who.

EDIT: Never mind! Figured it out! This has got to be the most convoluted and badly constructed sentence I've had the displeasure to come across in a long time. Frusty

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-11-2012, 08:27 AM
(29-11-2012 08:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think I need help, again Sadcryface2 Any ideas about the meaning of the second part of the sentence below are appreciated. What am I missing? Does this mean they have to be quite certain amongst themselves who's gonna enter? Or for whom they'd venture to enter? Or...? Am I really getting stupider? Weeping

“Only one of you is to enter at a time to secure prisoners or collect our dead, and be conspicuous about who.

EDIT: Never mind! Figured it out! This has got to be the most convoluted and badly constructed sentence I've had the displeasure to come across in a long time. Frusty

Tee hee Smile I was just about to go into 'teach Vera something new' mode. Damn it. Now I don't get to act superior Hobo
29-11-2012, 08:28 AM
(29-11-2012 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tee hee Smile I was just about to go into 'teach Vera something new' mode. Damn it. Now I don't get to act superior Hobo
Go ahead, pretend I didn't edit it. What does it mean?
(I seem doomed to dash the cup of joy from you lips)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2012, 08:52 AM
(29-11-2012 08:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tee hee Smile I was just about to go into 'teach Vera something new' mode. Damn it. Now I don't get to act superior Hobo
Go ahead, pretend I didn't edit it. What does it mean?
(I seem doomed to dash the cup of joy from you lips)
O shit I hope this works Tongue

'be conspicuous' is basically synonymous with 'make it obvious'. So the guy's saying something like 'make damn sure you *show* us who's the one coming to collect the dead, or we'll add him to the pile and you can send another one'...