Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-12-2016, 06:44 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I wish my mouth would stop hurting. Sad I keep being paranoid that something is wrong. Weeping

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2016, 07:03 PM
(13-12-2016 06:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I wish my mouth would stop hurting. Sad I keep being paranoid that something is wrong. Weeping

Ibuprofen to the rescue! Hug

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
13-12-2016, 07:06 PM
(13-12-2016 06:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I wish my mouth would stop hurting. Sad I keep being paranoid that something is wrong. Weeping

You had a lot of work done. Dental pain, even from minor dental work, can sometimes last for awhile. But if you are worried, call your dentist.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-12-2016, 07:09 PM
(13-12-2016 07:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

You had a lot of work done. Dental pain, even from minor dental work, can sometimes last for awhile. But if you are worried, call your dentist.

Yeah and I just had it done on Saturday so it honestly hasn't been that long. I am just not patient or tough when it comes to mouth pain. Blush Anyway, yesterday the pain would hit me every two hours or so. Today I went all the way 'til after lunch before I felt I needed to take something. So... progress, I think. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
13-12-2016, 07:21 PM
(13-12-2016 07:09 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 07:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You had a lot of work done. Dental pain, even from minor dental work, can sometimes last for awhile. But if you are worried, call your dentist.

Yeah and I just had it done on Saturday so it honestly hasn't been that long. I am just not patient or tough when it comes to mouth pain. Blush Anyway, yesterday the pain would hit me every two hours or so. Today I went all the way 'til after lunch before I felt I needed to take something. So... progress, I think. Hobo

Oh, yeah, if that's the case, it would be weird if you weren't in pain. I was late on my dental appointment this year and they had to do some extra cleaning and the dental hygienist was new, so that tube they use to clean your mouth--yeah, spray was everywhere, so I knew she was a newbie. It was like I had a facial Wink Anyway, she was extra rough with my gums cleaning them--and this was just a cleaning--and my gums hurt for a week.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-12-2016, 07:41 PM
(13-12-2016 07:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 07:09 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah and I just had it done on Saturday so it honestly hasn't been that long. I am just not patient or tough when it comes to mouth pain. Blush Anyway, yesterday the pain would hit me every two hours or so. Today I went all the way 'til after lunch before I felt I needed to take something. So... progress, I think. Hobo

Oh, yeah, if that's the case, it would be weird if you weren't in pain. I was late on my dental appointment this year and they had to do some extra cleaning and the dental hygienist was new, so that tube they use to clean your mouth--yeah, spray was everywhere, so I knew she was a newbie. It was like I had a facial Wink Anyway, she was extra rough with my gums cleaning them--and this was just a cleaning--and my gums hurt for a week.

My cleaning at my last appointment before this one went fine - just a trifle sore, so that one went well. But this time they more or less drilled my face off. Hobo Tongue

13-12-2016, 07:50 PM
(13-12-2016 07:41 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 07:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh, yeah, if that's the case, it would be weird if you weren't in pain. I was late on my dental appointment this year and they had to do some extra cleaning and the dental hygienist was new, so that tube they use to clean your mouth--yeah, spray was everywhere, so I knew she was a newbie. It was like I had a facial Wink Anyway, she was extra rough with my gums cleaning them--and this was just a cleaning--and my gums hurt for a week.

My cleaning at my last appointment before this one went fine - just a trifle sore, so that one went well. But this time they more or less drilled my face off. Hobo Tongue

Ouch Sadcryface Well, it is a good excuse to eat lots of ice cream Tongue

13-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Okay, I’m just going to go right out and say it. I hate kids. –That’s not to say that I don’t want good things for kids. I do. I want them to be happy and healthy, and as far away from me and my scope of responsibility as humanly possible. To my mind, kids are not cute. They’re annoying, stupid, spoiled, whiny and irritating.

I dislike having to see kids in commercials, and it gets worse during Christmas. I can excuse commercials featuring children that are selling children’s products. I expect a kid to be on a toy commercial or an advertisement for an amusement park.
This I can accept… as long as they’re not singing. But it drives me nuts seeing children with their infuriating, shrill little voices singing about the merits of a landscaping company, a plumber, or the local car dealer. Kids have no business selling me these things because they’re ignorant little bastards who can be persuaded to do anything for a cupcake.

… Now if you will excuse me, my neighbor has promised me beer if I help them move their sofa.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
13-12-2016, 08:13 PM
And while I'm here in the ranting corner, let me just say that I hate Christmas.

OMG IS THAT AN ANNOYING FUCKING HOLIDAY!

It invades everything! It's like a pervasive fungus that you're just not going to be able to get rid of no matter what you do. It has to run it's course.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
13-12-2016, 08:18 PM
(13-12-2016 08:13 PM)Aliza Wrote:  And while I'm here in the ranting corner, let me just say that I hate Christmas.

OMG IS THAT AN ANNOYING FUCKING HOLIDAY!

It invades everything! It's like a pervasive fungus that you're just not going to be able to get rid of no matter what you do. It has to run it's course.

So are you saying you don't like my candy cane avatar Tongue Laugh out load

I agree with you though, it is way too in your face. I have one neighbor--his house looks like Christmas threw up on it. I do wish, in general, people would tone it down and realize not everyone celebrates Christmas. It is really rude to other people's beliefs or lack thereof.