Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-12-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-12-2016 08:13 PM)Aliza Wrote:  And while I'm here in the ranting corner, let me just say that I hate Christmas.

OMG IS THAT AN ANNOYING FUCKING HOLIDAY!

It invades everything! It's like a pervasive fungus that you're just not going to be able to get rid of no matter what you do. It has to run it's course.

I am over Christmas commercials on TV...have been for a while. I don't leave the house much and am able to escape Christmas music that is piped into most stores.

I have a few decorations I set out. Mostly Christmas trees that are small. I have covered two of them with small craft lights, they look good on the ends of the mantle. I also have three small trees that look like they are made of ice. They light up and I have a tiny string of lights randomly laid out around them. I have, so far, turned all these lights on twice. The stuffed Grinch is also out - in fact, two of them are - one large and one small.

Mostly I do it to add some color in the house during what is usually a dreary time of year.

Quite a change from all the decorations, big tree, and lights inside and out that was the norm when the kids were kids.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-12-2016, 12:06 AM
We put up the xmas lights on the front of the house a couple weeks ago. There are some solar powered candy canes, and some of those that follow the eave of the house, across the front that plug in. If it were my choice, we wouldn't have any lights up.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-12-2016, 06:40 AM
So help me, the next person who emails me whining, "Why do I have a zero on my Reaction Paper" is going to make me close my office door and scream. I have over 200 students this semester in four classes of 50. I can't magically grade papers with a swish of a wand or something. Also, if they actually had cared about their grades before now, they would have noticed that our online learning platform the university uses, counts every grade item as a zero until the grade is entered...which means until Finals Week, most of those emailing, have never cared enough to check their grades.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-12-2016, 07:33 AM
It's 16F-riggin degrees outside! Weeping
I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go! Sadcryface2

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-12-2016, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2016 08:14 AM by Aliza.)
(14-12-2016 06:40 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So help me, the next person who emails me whining, "Why do I have a zero on my Reaction Paper" is going to make me close my office door and scream. I have over 200 students this semester in four classes of 50. I can't magically grade papers with a swish of a wand or something. Also, if they actually had cared about their grades before now, they would have noticed that our online learning platform the university uses, counts every grade item as a zero until the grade is entered...which means until Finals Week, most of those emailing, have never cared enough to check their grades.

Oh, you would not like to have me as your student. Evil_monster

I drive my professors nuts. I know I drive them crazy, and I just don't give a shit. They expect excellence from me, and I expect the same from them in return.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
14-12-2016, 09:38 AM
My company works with confidential records so my office is in a secured area. The door to the secured area is right next to my office and the door lock is a powerful magnet. So we have security cards which you hold up to the sensor and it beeps to let you know the door is now unlocked. However, the magnet releases about a second after the beep so, if you pull immediately, the door makes a loud "per-twang" sound as you pull on it because it is releasing as it's opening and the whole door reverberates. So it takes once or twice to figure out that you have to wait 1 second (that's all!) after the beep and then the door opens nice and quietly. Except, nearly 2 years after moving into this office space, some people still haven't figured this out! All day long I have to listen to "per-twang", "per-twang",... Facepalm

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
14-12-2016, 09:55 AM
(14-12-2016 09:38 AM)Impulse Wrote:  My company works with confidential records so my office is in a secured area. The door to the secured area is right next to my office and the door lock is a powerful magnet. So we have security cards which you hold up to the sensor and it beeps to let you know the door is now unlocked. However, the magnet releases about a second after the beep so, if you pull immediately, the door makes a loud "per-twang" sound as you pull on it because it is releasing as it's opening and the whole door reverberates. So it takes once or twice to figure out that you have to wait 1 second (that's all!) after the beep and then the door opens nice and quietly. Except, nearly 2 years after moving into this office space, some people still haven't figured this out! All day long I have to listen to "per-twang", "per-twang",... Facepalm

Put up a sign on the door ---

"To prevent static electric shock - open door slowly".

If nothing else, it'll let you know who has the masochistic tendencies....

Drinking Beverage

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-12-2016, 10:43 AM
(13-12-2016 06:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I wish my mouth would stop hurting. Sad I keep being paranoid that something is wrong. Weeping

I just got back from the dentist myself. I have an abscess and a molar to be rid of come Monday.

In the meantime, I wish that someone would just kill me.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
14-12-2016, 12:17 PM
(12-12-2016 11:46 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Back from the Drs, the mole on my right thigh has been upgraded from suspicious to highly suspicious and the words "possible melanoma" were mentioned which is worrying, just got to wait for it to be biopsied and have to think of an excuse so my family doesn't catch wind of anything before Xmas, no reason to spoil it for them.

I wish you the best of luck, hoping that it isn't melanoma, and if it is, that it's early enough that simply removing the mole will take care of it. Keep us updated.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
14-12-2016, 12:32 PM
(14-12-2016 08:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 06:40 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So help me, the next person who emails me whining, "Why do I have a zero on my Reaction Paper" is going to make me close my office door and scream. I have over 200 students this semester in four classes of 50. I can't magically grade papers with a swish of a wand or something. Also, if they actually had cared about their grades before now, they would have noticed that our online learning platform the university uses, counts every grade item as a zero until the grade is entered...which means until Finals Week, most of those emailing, have never cared enough to check their grades.

Oh, you would not like to have me as your student. Evil_monster

I drive my professors nuts. I know I drive them crazy, and I just don't give a shit. They expect excellence from me, and I expect the same from them in return.
Nah, I don't mind good students who email with concerns. It's just the ones who never cared all semester until the week of Finals and suddenly their grades are so important to them. Tongue I have one woman who emails me about twice a week about stuff, but it's because she cares about the course, and happy to reply to her questions. It's just the last minute folks who never cared before that are getting me punchy.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post