Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-12-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-12-2016 06:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I am so fuckng pissed and frustrated. There was a quiz at my company's Christmas party today which asked all employees to submit a guess as to how many new people were hired globally in 2016. My initial guess was 132 but when discussing it with a few colleagues, one of them talked me out of going with such a high number and convinced me to go with something in the range of 50-60 instead. I ended up submitting "63" as my guess. It turns out the correct number was 133 and the guy who won the prize guessed 131... Fuuuuuuuuuck! I am so livid! Angry

Your first guess is usually the correct one. Yes

Probably doesn't help any though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Three people didn't show for the last Final...had to stay the whole time. Drive home was awful...took 1.5 hours of sliding slowly to make it back. Usually that takes 15 minutes maximum.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
16-12-2016, 10:21 PM
(16-12-2016 09:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Three people didn't show for the last Final...had to stay the whole time. Drive home was awful...took 1.5 hours of sliding slowly to make it back. Usually that takes 15 minutes maximum.

Stinks that those people didn't show. Good that you made it home safely. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-12-2016, 09:50 AM
New neighbours have no concept of being a good neighbour.
Noise control on their way for a second time with the power to seize their sound systems this time.
Get wrecked cunts I'm going to bed.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
17-12-2016, 11:16 AM
(16-12-2016 10:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 09:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Three people didn't show for the last Final...had to stay the whole time. Drive home was awful...took 1.5 hours of sliding slowly to make it back. Usually that takes 15 minutes maximum.

Stinks that those people didn't show. Good that you made it home safely. Thumbsup

Thanks. Slept 11 hours too, after running around all week. Thumbsup

18-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Fuck antibiotics. Angry

18-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Is there something I can eat and/or drink to make me forget I'm alive right now? Dodgy

Oh, looky there - time to take another dose of that wonderful thing my body loves so much. You got it, kids - antibiotics!!!! Weeping

19-12-2016, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 10:58 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Remembering part of why I took a job 600 miles from home. We weren't even halfway back from the airport when my father began listing all of his chores he expects me to do while here (like disposing of an almost entirely metal microwave that's older than my 30 years), because "the slave is home". Plus won't stop being annoying (my mother is a Saint to put up with this daily) intentionally. And keeps looking over at my glasses, trying to spy on my screen while I'm on the computer. And every time I get a text message, if I forget to put the phone on silent, "WHAT WAS THAT? WHAT'S THAT NOISE?" and when I say it's a text, demanding to know who it is and what they want. Or when I drank from a water bottle and it crinkled on the drive back, "Did we just hit ice? What was that?" My mom just turned off the television while we're putting up the tree and I'm going to play Christmas music, "Why is the TV off? Did we blow something?"

Or this lovely conversation is indicative of things.
Mom: Now don't get too close to the fire
Dad: Because I'll take your spot?
Mom: Because I don't want you to catch on fire.
Dad: You just don't want me to take your spot.
Mom: ...no I just don't want you to catch on fire.

Edit: And now mocking the Christmas music and trying to sing badly over it. Behaving like such a petulant child...

[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
19-12-2016, 11:06 AM
(19-12-2016 10:49 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Remembering part of why I took a job 600 miles from home. We weren't even halfway back from the airport when my father began listing all of his chores he expects me to do while here (like disposing of an almost entirely metal microwave that's older than my 30 years), because "the slave is home". Plus won't stop being annoying (my mother is a Saint to put up with this daily) intentionally. And keeps looking over at my glasses, trying to spy on my screen while I'm on the computer. And every time I get a text message, if I forget to put the phone on silent, "WHAT WAS THAT? WHAT'S THAT NOISE?" and when I say it's a text, demanding to know who it is and what they want. Or when I drank from a water bottle and it crinkled on the drive back, "Did we just hit ice? What was that?" My mom just turned off the television while we're putting up the tree and I'm going to play Christmas music, "Why is the TV off? Did we blow something?"

Edit: And now mocking the Christmas music and trying to sing badly over it. Behaving like such a petulant child...
Laugh out load

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-12-2016, 11:09 AM
(19-12-2016 10:49 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Remembering part of why I took a job 600 miles from home. We weren't even halfway back from the airport when my father began listing all of his chores he expects me to do while here (like disposing of an almost entirely metal microwave that's older than my 30 years), because "the slave is home". Plus won't stop being annoying (my mother is a Saint to put up with this daily) intentionally. And keeps looking over at my glasses, trying to spy on my screen while I'm on the computer. And every time I get a text message, if I forget to put the phone on silent, "WHAT WAS THAT? WHAT'S THAT NOISE?" and when I say it's a text, demanding to know who it is and what they want. Or when I drank from a water bottle and it crinkled on the drive back, "Did we just hit ice? What was that?" My mom just turned off the television while we're putting up the tree and I'm going to play Christmas music, "Why is the TV off? Did we blow something?"

I wish I was only 30 Sad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post