Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-12-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-12-2016 01:53 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 01:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's what college football games are for. Tulsa vs. Central Michigan in the Miami Beach Bowl today. Should be an exciting game with two evenly matched teams. GO CHIPPEWAS! Big Grin

Win! And we're cheering for the same team on that one Girly. Family friends who live down there.

Poor Packers were playing in the cold the other night NFL wise. They didn't get to cancel either. Laugh out load

When you nickname your football field the "frozen tundra" you really can't cancel school for weather and maintain any credibility. You did this to yourself.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Trying to get in to the festive spirit but its really hard with this fucking thing on my leg Sad
20-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Kinda wish I had more friends now.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-12-2016, 03:00 PM
(19-12-2016 01:15 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry Adey Sad

Julep, Laugh out load That's wonderful. I'm sure he's happier than me right now. But that's great. This decorating is making my own mom's careful cleaning into a disaster area.

Morondog, go ahead and laugh good sir, go ahead and laugh. Now he's lecturing me on how we all need to be armed to deter crime and how FDR ruined the United States by making us into a welfare state...and how people don't understand that in some countries, religion is a big deal (with things like the assassination just now of the Russian ambassador in Turkey as a gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar").

Anjele, he's literally said "bah humbug" and meant it! But he's like this year round. Facepalm Also any time he saw water on the road last night, he freaked out about how it had to be ice. (It never was.)

Edit: oh there we go...I don't have a 'real job' and understand the 'real world' because I'm not in retail my whole life like he was. I'm sheltered in my ivory tower from how bad people abuse the system or how bad off people are. For fuck's sake man, I volunteer in prisons, I've worked retail before for years, my best friend has just managed to get a job for the first time in almost four years and only has a high school diploma and is facing eviction, and I've had several students this semester that I've sat with and offered to walk over to the counseling center because their husbands/boyfriends beat them heavily. Domestic violence is the second most common reason I get for not coming to class...I have a good idea of how fucked up our world can be.

It is true though. Most people would not seem to grasp the idea that religion is a huge deal in other countries. The problem is, that in muslim countries the religion tells them to kill. They believe it as whole heartedly as Christians in the U.S. believe in their made up BS.
20-12-2016, 05:56 PM
I've noticed a lot of stuff religiously while home. "Repent and be baptized" license plate border earlier in traffic. At least 3 "Jesus is the reason for the season" signs, etc. But, good grief...my father. Ranted nonstop all day about everyone and anyone until we saw Rogue One, then did after Rogue One, then kept going the rest of the day. Like, only a few minutes at most, between complaints. (Topics include, but are by no means limited to: How lazy I am, that my mother is too nice to people who had family members die, his doctor, every single car that passed us in traffic, the fact mom wanted to ask for directions to a funeral home, how lazy my best friend is, how he doesn't respect my mother's minister because he didn't answer the phone on the first phone call from funeral family guy at 11pm last night, etc.)

Also one of the Catholic groups I'm in is having a "discussion" on sex abuse and includes gems like some variation of "this is because we have gays in the priesthood" (one uses the word "fags") and one quote is, "Burn the offenders. Problem solved. That's how the Inquisition dealt with this kind of shit in the past."

(20-12-2016 03:00 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 01:15 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry Adey Sad

Julep, Laugh out load That's wonderful. I'm sure he's happier than me right now. But that's great. This decorating is making my own mom's careful cleaning into a disaster area.

Morondog, go ahead and laugh good sir, go ahead and laugh. Now he's lecturing me on how we all need to be armed to deter crime and how FDR ruined the United States by making us into a welfare state...and how people don't understand that in some countries, religion is a big deal (with things like the assassination just now of the Russian ambassador in Turkey as a gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar").

Anjele, he's literally said "bah humbug" and meant it! But he's like this year round. Facepalm Also any time he saw water on the road last night, he freaked out about how it had to be ice. (It never was.)

Edit: oh there we go...I don't have a 'real job' and understand the 'real world' because I'm not in retail my whole life like he was. I'm sheltered in my ivory tower from how bad people abuse the system or how bad off people are. For fuck's sake man, I volunteer in prisons, I've worked retail before for years, my best friend has just managed to get a job for the first time in almost four years and only has a high school diploma and is facing eviction, and I've had several students this semester that I've sat with and offered to walk over to the counseling center because their husbands/boyfriends beat them heavily. Domestic violence is the second most common reason I get for not coming to class...I have a good idea of how fucked up our world can be.

It is true though. Most people would not seem to grasp the idea that religion is a huge deal in other countries. The problem is, that in muslim countries the religion tells them to kill. They believe it as whole heartedly as Christians in the U.S. believe in their made up BS.

Good point, heh.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Regretting having gone to the dentist. These ridiculously strong antibiotics they had me on have got me all kinds of fucked up now. Thanks. Thanks a lot, doc. Angry

21-12-2016, 10:16 AM
And now I'm crying. What a fucking wuss. Weeping

21-12-2016, 12:11 PM
(21-12-2016 10:16 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And now I'm crying. What a fucking wuss. Weeping

Erythromycin and similar strong antibiotics are reported as causing depression in some people I don't have any links but we were taught it in nursing school and I'm inclined to believe it is possible. Hang in there my friend, sending you a man hug. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-12-2016, 12:59 PM
One hundred fifty fuckin four dollars. Angry Just to make my plumbing right. Thank fuck I got a bad ass shop vac to suck up all the water. Prolly have to cut all that carpet out when I get a chance.
Pipes burst. Oh but Guley you're supposed to leave a little trickle on the taps in cold weather.
Fuck off! Dodgy I did!! The pipes that burst were part of an ancient heating system... steam I guess? Hobo ... that syphoned water off the old boiler that this house used to use to heat rooms, and water, before I replaced that with a newer system that uses the same ducts as my A/C to blow heated air. The plumber I had over last time assured me the pipes that used to be fed from the old boiler were not being fed by the new, normal, cylindrical water heater, AND many times more importantly, those pipes were empty. Oh no they weren't, dickhead Angry !!1!!
It's been down around 0 degrees F for several days, and the first day it warmed back up above 32... BOOM!

Consider
Can you sue a plumber who lied to you if it results in a catastrophic fail? Or should I just shift it into low, and roll my rear truck tire back-n-forth over his head? AngryAngryAngryAngry

21-12-2016, 01:07 PM
I'm not a plumber but I do give man hugs. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post