Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-12-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-12-2016 01:07 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm not a plumber but I do give man hugs. Hug

Thank you. Hug

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 01:20 PM
(21-12-2016 12:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  One hundred fifty fuckin four dollars.

Damn skippy. If someone calls me for a plumbing job, it's $100 service-call, cash up front. We can negotiate the rest to be paid later if need be, but if you don't put the service call in my hand in advance, I won't even cross your threshold. It only takes being stiffed once or twice after digging in someone else's shit and you'll implement the same policy, I promise.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-12-2016, 01:26 PM
(21-12-2016 01:20 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 12:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  One hundred fifty fuckin four dollars.

Damn skippy. If someone calls me for a plumbing job, it's $100 service-call, cash up front.

$154 for busted pipes? That would be like $1540 around here for a dude without a license.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-12-2016, 01:37 PM
(21-12-2016 12:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  One hundred fifty fuckin four dollars. Angry Just to make my plumbing right. Thank fuck I got a bad ass shop vac to suck up all the water. Prolly have to cut all that carpet out when I get a chance.
Pipes burst. Oh but Guley you're supposed to leave a little trickle on the taps in cold weather.
Fuck off! Dodgy I did!! The pipes that burst were part of an ancient heating system... steam I guess? Hobo ... that syphoned water off the old boiler that this house used to use to heat rooms, and water, before I replaced that with a newer system that uses the same ducts as my A/C to blow heated air. The plumber I had over last time assured me the pipes that used to be fed from the old boiler were not being fed by the new, normal, cylindrical water heater, AND many times more importantly, those pipes were empty. Oh no they weren't, dickhead Angry !!1!!
It's been down around 0 degrees F for several days, and the first day it warmed back up above 32... BOOM!

Consider
Can you sue a plumber who lied to you if it results in a catastrophic fail? Or should I just shift it into low, and roll my rear truck tire back-n-forth over his head? AngryAngryAngryAngry

That's quite an ordeal Undecided *hugs*
21-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Christmas fucking sucks.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
21-12-2016, 07:45 PM
(21-12-2016 07:10 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Christmas fucking sucks.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
21-12-2016, 07:58 PM
(21-12-2016 12:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  One hundred fifty fuckin four dollars. Angry Just to make my plumbing right. Thank fuck I got a bad ass shop vac to suck up all the water. Prolly have to cut all that carpet out when I get a chance.
Pipes burst. Oh but Guley you're supposed to leave a little trickle on the taps in cold weather.
Fuck off! Dodgy I did!! The pipes that burst were part of an ancient heating system... steam I guess? Hobo ... that syphoned water off the old boiler that this house used to use to heat rooms, and water, before I replaced that with a newer system that uses the same ducts as my A/C to blow heated air. The plumber I had over last time assured me the pipes that used to be fed from the old boiler were not being fed by the new, normal, cylindrical water heater, AND many times more importantly, those pipes were empty. Oh no they weren't, dickhead Angry !!1!!
It's been down around 0 degrees F for several days, and the first day it warmed back up above 32... BOOM!

Consider
Can you sue a plumber who lied to you if it results in a catastrophic fail? Or should I just shift it into low, and roll my rear truck tire back-n-forth over his head? AngryAngryAngryAngry

Trust but verify. I don't EVER believe people and leave it at that, whatever it is. If you can make the tire thing look like an accident... Tongue You may have a case with the plumber, and ought to check into it.
21-12-2016, 08:06 PM
(21-12-2016 12:11 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 10:16 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And now I'm crying. What a fucking wuss. Weeping

Erythromycin and similar strong antibiotics are reported as causing depression in some people I don't have any links but we were taught it in nursing school and I'm inclined to believe it is possible. Hang in there my friend, sending you a man hug. Hug

Thanks, adey Smile

21-12-2016, 08:58 PM
I remember seeing somewhere that hot dogs can cause depression because of the use of erythromycin. It was many years ago (I remember it, because it was a shocking thing to think about), and I don't seem to be able to find anything in an (admittedly) quick google search.
22-12-2016, 05:31 AM
I have a massive man-crush on this dude at work.
It's disgusting and I hate myself for being so normal and gross.

[Image: oscar.png]