Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-11-2012, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2012 02:42 PM by Vera.)
RE: Ranting corner
(29-11-2012 08:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  O shit I hope this works ]

'be conspicuous' is basically synonymous with 'make it obvious'. So the guy's saying something like 'make damn sure you *show* us who's the one coming to collect the dead, or we'll add him to the pile and you can send another one'...
Pretty much. Still, it's badly written, the 'who' is just dangling there like... well, like one of those collections of objects (a verb or something should've been added after it):

And how dare you insinuate I don't know what conspicuous means! [Image: Smiley_Shake_Fist_by_Mirz123.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2012, 11:05 AM
New Rant of the Day:

Currently looking up movie reviews on NetFlix. It's been increasingly annoying that people leave reviews saying, "I liked it, you should rent it." Or "It sucked, don't waste your time" Neither are helpful because they lack information. Why was the film good or bad? Did you not care for the writing? The direction? The acting? Was the film over-produced? It's like restaurant reviews that say, "expensive but good." What is expensive in your opinion? What was good? The service? The food? The table? Are you a college student trying to save a buck? Do you have children? How many people were in your party; what foods were ordered? Just read a review of a local restaurant saying their $7 burger was too expensive. So, there's a McDonalds down the road, go eat there. And please product reviews...Oh ya..."I gave it one star because I opened the box and found out I had to assemble it." Seriously? Did it work? Was it complicated to put together? Were the instructions included only in a foreign language that you are unable to read?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
29-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I despise shittily done reviews as well. Makes me want to go kick their asses...till they are bloody.

[Image: giphy.gif]
29-11-2012, 12:20 PM
(29-11-2012 11:50 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  ... kick their asses...till they are bloody.
A pattern's starting to emerge ... Blink

(No worries, crazy doesn't scare me... too much)

29-11-2012, 12:43 PM
[Image: harry-hipster.jpg] OMFG SO PERFECT OMG.
29-11-2012, 01:03 PM
(29-11-2012 11:50 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I despise shittily done reviews as well. Makes me want to go kick their asses...till they are bloody.
Yes it does! Just read anther on on Amazon that gave an appliance one star because they didn't like the way it looked on their counter. Seriously?!
29-11-2012, 02:19 PM
So.. took my motorbike in.
An hour and a half they told me last time.
workshop guy: "Oh yeah, so you can come pick it up Monday"
me: "Monday isn't an hour and a half from now?"
workshop guy: "an hour and a half?"
me: "Yes, you told me an hour and a half, I was gonna go fishing while you did it, you can't keep it till Monday, I need it"
workshop guy: "oh.."
me: "yea.."
workshop guy: "ok, well how about half an hour? I'll get someone onto it now"
me: "works for me"

Tradesman, they tell you an hour and a half and then later 3 days!!!!!! when they can do it in half an hour..

[Image: oscar.png]
29-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I have begun to envision Muffs in a very specific way.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
29-11-2012, 02:36 PM
(29-11-2012 09:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 08:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  O shit I hope this works ]

'be conspicuous' is basically synonymous with 'make it obvious'. So the guy's saying something like 'make damn sure you *show* us who's the one coming to collect the dead, or we'll add him to the pile and you can send another one'...
Pretty much. Still, it's badly written, the 'who' is just dangling there like... well, like one of those collections of objects (a verb or something should've been added after it):

And how dare you insinuate I don't know what conspicuous means! [Image: Smiley_Shake_Fist_by_Mirz123.gif]
Hey you speak like a billion languages right? I only speak one. And I didn't intend to insinuate Wink The use of 'be conspicuous is... kinda one of those unusual phrases you find sometimes. I don't know how to put it... I made another example but then I thought, hey the chick is pissed already plus she translates for a living, what chance you're actually gonna do anything other than look like a fool Tongue So I left it. Pax ?
29-11-2012, 02:47 PM
(29-11-2012 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey you speak like a billion languages right? I only speak one. And I didn't intend to insinuate Wink The use of 'be conspicuous is... kinda one of those unusual phrases you find sometimes. I don't know how to put it... I made another example but then I thought, hey the chick is pissed already plus she translates for a living, what chance you're actually gonna do anything other than look like a fool Tongue So I left it. Pax ?

Yeah, yeah, excuses, excuses... No

And the chick's not pissed (in either sense of the word). You do not want to be around her when she's truly pissed...

Pax? Nah, that's asking too much. Let's call it a truce for the time being.

However, the real issue here is that all of a sudden embedded videos stopped working for me. This I do not like.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post