Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-12-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-12-2016 04:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I'm at work and I'm working security by the lift and this old lady comes up to me and asks if I can ride down the lift with her and that she had a bad experience with a lift a few years back where she got stuck in one for 2 hours and so now she's scared to go down them alone. Which is fair enough. As soon as she told me, without thinking, I said "oh we just had someone stuck in this lift like a week ago" as we were getting onto the lift. As soon as I said it, instant regret.

On the up side as she was getting off she said she's "tried to pray the fear away but God hasn't answered, and [she's] Christian so you'd think it would have worked."
Had to stop myself from laughing at that.

She wasn't listening...of course god answered, he sent you. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-12-2016, 07:57 PM
If God sent me to help this little old lady he has one sick sense of humor.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
23-12-2016, 01:34 AM
(22-12-2016 07:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If God sent me to help this little old lady he has one sick sense of humor.

I wouldn't put that past someone who's best idea for resetting the game was drowning the whole world, with the exception of one drunk incestuous family.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-12-2016, 03:27 AM
Here's my rant:
I hate stupid humans. For example, I saw a bumper sticker on a van that said "you can't be pro-abortion and Catholic". Duh!!! Cause even though the Bible supports abortion: Numbers 5:11-31 is one such verse. Not to mention women had many ways of abortion all throughout history:
https://www.bustle.com/articles/88626-9-...to-choose.
And that was just an example.
Ridiculous.
My point is it seems like they say that but never bother to read the damn book. Or they make excuses with oh it meant something else. Or make a mountain out of a molehill.
23-12-2016, 06:38 AM
(22-12-2016 04:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 04:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I'm at work and I'm working security by the lift and this old lady comes up to me and asks if I can ride down the lift with her and that she had a bad experience with a lift a few years back where she got stuck in one for 2 hours and so now she's scared to go down them alone. Which is fair enough. As soon as she told me, without thinking, I said "oh we just had someone stuck in this lift like a week ago" as we were getting onto the lift. As soon as I said it, instant regret.

On the up side as she was getting off she said she's "tried to pray the fear away but God hasn't answered, and [she's] Christian so you'd think it would have worked."
Had to stop myself from laughing at that.

She wasn't listening...of course god answered, he sent you. Tongue

Or, more appropriately the answer was "No!". Or God doesn't actually exist. Whichever people are more comfortable with.
23-12-2016, 04:17 PM
I can't stand people who are anti-theists. Fuck you all with your horrible bigotry. I don't give a flying fuck if you approve of my theism or not because your approval carries no value whatsoever.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
23-12-2016, 05:07 PM
(23-12-2016 04:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I can't stand people who are anti-theists. Fuck you all with your horrible bigotry. I don't give a flying fuck if you approve of my theism or not because your approval carries no value whatsoever.
Hug
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
23-12-2016, 05:14 PM
(23-12-2016 04:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I can't stand people who are anti-theists. Fuck you all with your horrible bigotry. I don't give a flying fuck if you approve of my theism or not because your approval carries no value whatsoever.

It's their loss not yours.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Fuck this shit, Carrie Fisher had a major heart attack on a plane.

2016 can suck Girly's balls.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-12-2016, 05:20 PM

Sorry you ran into some assholes Undecided Hug Just be you, you can't let them get you down-they're so not worth it.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post