Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-12-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-12-2016 06:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 05:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuckign Xmas, stuffed up my tv watching habits.

Better Christmas than Football. I hate Football. The athletes are overpaid to play a game. They are also not even close to good role models.

The funny part -- the fans who root for "their" team -----

Are in reality rooting for a corporate entity that they have no vested interest in, and stand to profit NOTHING for supporting the corporation.

They'd be better off rooting for Walmart. At least Walmart will give you some cheapassed Chinese made consumer goods for your financial support.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-12-2016, 10:22 AM
(27-12-2016 09:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 06:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Better Christmas than Football. I hate Football. The athletes are overpaid to play a game. They are also not even close to good role models.

The funny part -- the fans who root for "their" team -----

Are in reality rooting for a corporate entity that they have no vested interest in, and stand to profit NOTHING for supporting the corporation.

They'd be better off rooting for Walmart. At least Walmart will give you some cheapassed Chinese made consumer goods for your financial support.......

Last time I went to a ballgame (at my wife's insistence), for her father's 80th birthday (12 YA), she also insisted on buying hot dogs and a beer for each of us. That's $30 that would have been better spent elsewhere. I didn't even want the beer at the time- I had to drive home. One can buy a team jacket for an insane amount of money. If clothing has a logo on it, I expect to get paid for the advertising.
27-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:If clothing has a logo on it, I expect to get paid for the advertising.

Lol, I've never thought about it that way before.
That's actually a really good point and not limited to just sports clothing. Corporations are literally charging us to advertise for them.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Fucking Micro-fucking-soft!

I was in a hurry but needed to write and print a document to take with me. Half way through the document I had notification of an upcoming upgrade and restart. I hit "Cancel".

Just as I was about to print it went into upgrade mode anyway. That was neatly half a fucking hour ago and it is still at it!

Shit, shit, shit.

And-fucking-droid is not much better. Another upgrade that is a downgrade in some parts. Oh, got a better onscreen keyboard but now I have to open emails before I can delete them and moving an email to a file now takes more taps and a scroll. What was wrong with the tick boxes and icons it had before?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-12-2016, 05:02 AM
(27-12-2016 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

That's actually a really good point and not limited to just sports clothing. Corporations are literally charging us to advertise for them.

In all the years I rode Harley Davidson - I never once bought any of their "apparel" for exactly that reason.

I do however have a real nice Triumph jacket that retailed over $400.....
When I bought my second new Triumph - the company gave me a present --a week AFTER the deal had been done. They gave me a $500 gift certificate to spend at the dealer on accessories..... In essence -- they indeed paid me to advertise their brand...... I thought that was pretty cool.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-12-2016, 05:51 AM
Over an hour now and it is only 70% the wsy through setup!

I have missed my appointment.

Microshitheads!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-12-2016, 06:19 AM
(27-12-2016 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

A prime example - women's purses covered with Coach logos. Those logos add nothing but advertising to the purse. And it's ugly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-12-2016, 06:41 AM
(28-12-2016 06:19 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol, I've never thought about it that way before.

A prime example - women's purses covered with Coach logos. Those logos add nothing but advertising to the purse. And it's ugly.

Hell yeah they are ugly. When I used to do loss prevention I looked for Coach bags. They are ugly (easy to spot) and big. Perfect for women to put shit they didn't pay for into.
28-12-2016, 04:35 PM
(28-12-2016 04:56 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Fucking Micro-fucking-soft!

I was in a hurry but needed to write and print a document to take with me. Half way through the document I had notification of an upcoming upgrade and restart. I hit "Cancel".

Just as I was about to print it went into upgrade mode anyway. That was neatly half a fucking hour ago and it is still at it!

Shit, shit, shit.

And-fucking-droid is not much better. Another upgrade that is a downgrade in some parts. Oh, got a better onscreen keyboard but now I have to open emails before I can delete them and moving an email to a file now takes more taps and a scroll. What was wrong with the tick boxes and icons it had before?

I still refuse to upgrade to Windows 1984... I mean 10.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-12-2016, 05:13 PM
(28-12-2016 06:41 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 06:19 AM)Anjele Wrote:  A prime example - women's purses covered with Coach logos. Those logos add nothing but advertising to the purse. And it's ugly.

Hell yeah they are ugly. When I used to do loss prevention I looked for Coach bags. They are ugly (easy to spot) and big. Perfect for women to put shit they didn't pay for into.

We get given a list of the 21 most prolific shoplifters around the area from the Police every 6 months or so. 17 of the 21 are females. Females loove to shoplift that's for damn sure. 20 of the 21 are Maori but lets not go there because that's racist and not at all just stating a fact or anything..

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post