Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-12-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Fuck I'm tired.

But I think we're going out to dinner so there's that.

I've got a steak that's defrosted but no one wants to bother with cooking it or the messy clean up.

I think we deserve it. Sunday, we might all go to a movie too.

This is a piss poor rant, clearly I'm out of practice.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-12-2016, 07:06 PM
(29-12-2016 07:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck I'm tired.

I've got a steak that's defrosted but no one wants to bother with cooking it or the messy clean up.

Go enjoy dinner and then the movie on Sunday. At least you can do those things without waiting for 'the call' now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-12-2016, 07:15 PM
(29-12-2016 07:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 07:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck I'm tired.

Go enjoy dinner and then the movie on Sunday. At least you can do those things without waiting for 'the call' now.

I know, we've been in wait mode since days after Thanksgiving really and in the 'anytime now' mode since just before Christmas...which I guess is just over a week now.

Wow.

Husband is already talking about a trip somewhere. Honestly, I think I'll enjoy some alone time with the dog.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-12-2016, 07:30 PM
(29-12-2016 07:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 07:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Go enjoy dinner and then the movie on Sunday. At least you can do those things without waiting for 'the call' now.

I know, we've been in wait mode since days after Thanksgiving really and in the 'anytime now' mode since just before Christmas...which I guess is just over a week now.

Wow.

Husband is already talking about a trip somewhere. Honestly, I think I'll enjoy some alone time with the dog.

Prop your feet up and get some rest. Yes
30-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Here's a rant. Just what the fuck is up about people that must catch up as soon as the catch a glimpse of your tail lights? This morning an asshole saw me up ahead about 300 yards. I saw them and increased my speed to keep them off my ass. They of course in turn picked up even more speed to ensure catching up. I was 25 over and of course they had to do even more to be able to catch me. As soon as they caught me, I slowed to less than the limit. As soon as I realized it was a compact car, I let them pass and matched their speed. I now have an SUV that is wide enough to catch both of their mirrors with the headlights. After a mile or so of not being able to shake me off, they pulled over to let me pass and stayed way back off my ass. Finally a win in this miserable state. By the way, it is below freezing here and ice everywhere, so these fuck wits are really taking chances.
30-12-2016, 08:13 AM
(30-12-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  As soon as they caught me, I slowed to less than the limit.

This is the kind of shit that makes me wish that my truck had a few missile pylons.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
30-12-2016, 08:18 AM
(30-12-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Here's a rant. Just what the fuck is up about people that must catch up as soon as the catch a glimpse of your tail lights? This morning an asshole saw me up ahead about 300 yards. I saw them and increased my speed to keep them off my ass. They of course in turn picked up even more speed to ensure catching up. I was 25 over and of course they had to do even more to be able to catch me. As soon as they caught me, I slowed to less than the limit. As soon as I realized it was a compact car, I let them pass and matched their speed. I now have an SUV that is wide enough to catch both of their mirrors with the headlights. After a mile or so of not being able to shake me off, they pulled over to let me pass and stayed way back off my ass. Finally a win in this miserable state. By the way, it is below freezing here and ice everywhere, so these fuck wits are really taking chances.

Considering the road conditions I'm just exceedingly glad you're here to tell the tale. We may disagree on many things but you're kinda growing on me. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-12-2016, 08:22 AM
(30-12-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ... I was 25 over

...these fuck wits are really taking chances.

Dodgy

It's always someone else with you, isn't it?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
30-12-2016, 08:36 AM
(30-12-2016 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ... I was 25 over

...these fuck wits are really taking chances.

Dodgy

Well, when I am 25 above the limit the problem is actually them. There is no excuse for it. If I am driving below the limit, it would be my fault they caught up. Over the limit and it is on them.
30-12-2016, 08:56 AM
(30-12-2016 08:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 08:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Dodgy

Well, when I am 25 above the limit the problem is actually them. There is no excuse for it. If I am driving below the limit, it would be my fault they caught up. Over the limit and it is on them.

No, it's both of you. However, your response to the entire situation--including the three times in your story where YOU escalate the encounter--was infantile. Like your response to pretty much every situation, it seems.

If you don't get your anger problems under control, your road rage may kill you or someone else...and if that happens, you will still be blaming the problem on the other person, because it's never, never, never you to blame for anything.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post