Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-12-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-12-2016 08:56 AM)julep Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 08:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Well, when I am 25 above the limit the problem is actually them. There is no excuse for it. If I am driving below the limit, it would be my fault they caught up. Over the limit and it is on them.

No, it's both of you. However, your response to the entire situation--including the three times in your story where YOU escalate the encounter--was infantile. Like your response to pretty much every situation, it seems.

If you don't get your anger problems under control, your road rage may kill you or someone else...and if that happens, you will still be blaming the problem on the other person, because it's never, never, never you to blame for anything.

It is their behavior that starts things up. In all the experience I have had from being bullied to other things in life, most people (including those that bully others) don't learn anything until they are treated as they treat others. Treat me like shit and I must show you how it feels. If I just back down every time, your (the bully) behavior only gets worse. Put you in your place and you may avoid me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2016, 09:25 AM
I've been awake since six am. Really?!

I'm making coffee, because I've given up hope of going back to bed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-12-2016, 09:30 AM
(30-12-2016 09:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 08:56 AM)julep Wrote:  No, it's both of you. However, your response to the entire situation--including the three times in your story where YOU escalate the encounter--was infantile. Like your response to pretty much every situation, it seems.

If you don't get your anger problems under control, your road rage may kill you or someone else...and if that happens, you will still be blaming the problem on the other person, because it's never, never, never you to blame for anything.

It is their behavior that starts things up. In all the experience I have had from being bullied to other things in life, most people (including those that bully others) don't learn anything until they are treated as they treat others. Treat me like shit and I must show you how it feels. If I just back down every time, your (the bully) behavior only gets worse. Put you in your place and you may avoid me.

How a grownup would handle this situation:

You're driving on the road, someone comes up behind you a little closer than you'd like. First you tap the brake lights--85% of the time the driver will stay a little farther away from you. If that doesn't work, then...you slow down and let the other driver pass you, and they drive on, and then you are left to your little spot of road by yourself. That's what a sane person does. Takes 15 seconds of your life. If you're feeling bothered, shout "asshole" as they pass, inside the closed windows of your car.

A bully--that's you, by the way--looks for a fight and drags out the encounter until he gets one. I hope the next time you act like an asshole in your car, you get reported to the cops and ticketed, which you will 100% deserve.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
30-12-2016, 09:31 AM
(30-12-2016 09:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've been awake since six am. Really?!

I'm making coffee, because I've given up hope of going back to bed.

Quarter after five for me. My ass was cold.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
30-12-2016, 09:43 AM
(30-12-2016 09:30 AM)julep Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is their behavior that starts things up. In all the experience I have had from being bullied to other things in life, most people (including those that bully others) don't learn anything until they are treated as they treat others. Treat me like shit and I must show you how it feels. If I just back down every time, your (the bully) behavior only gets worse. Put you in your place and you may avoid me.

How a grownup would handle this situation:

You're driving on the road, someone comes up behind you a little closer than you'd like. First you tap the brake lights--85% of the time the driver will stay a little farther away from you. If that doesn't work, then...you slow down and let the other driver pass you, and they drive on, and then you are left to your little spot of road by yourself. That's what a sane person does. Takes 15 seconds of your life. If you're feeling bothered, shout "asshole" as they pass, inside the closed windows of your car.

A bully--that's you, by the way--looks for a fight and drags out the encounter until he gets one. I hope the next time you act like an asshole in your car, you get reported to the cops and ticketed, which you will 100% deserve.

That may work wherever you are from, but this is new jersey. The speed limits seem to be little more than suggestions, stop signs mean yield, red lights mean 7 people run the light and people are still running the light after the light turns green for the other people, and nobody seems capable of playing with their phones and holding a lane. Oh yeah, most people won't use turn signals and so many drive without headlights it is ridiculous. If I pulled over and let them by, it wouldn't be 2 minutes before the next asshat caught up. As I said, I don't do just the speed limit. I am always at least 5 over because that is the minimum everyone else does. It is a felony to be doing 25 over in this state. Most of the drivers here are felons that have just never been tried or convicted. This is the asshole state. I know I fit right in, but living here makes you that way.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
30-12-2016, 09:47 AM
(30-12-2016 08:56 AM)julep Wrote:  No, it's both of you. However, your response to the entire situation--including the three times in your story where YOU escalate the encounter--was infantile. Like your response to pretty much every situation, it seems.

I sympathise with anyone who has been bullied, I've been there and its not pleasant and I agree bullies need to be stood up to but think about it, a car can be a very dangerous weapon and escalating a road rage incident isn't exactly the smartest thing to do, really bad things can happen on the spur of the moment, suppose the other driver had a gun. As others have said pull over and as he passed shout out a string of expletives to yourself to relieve the tension would be the sensible thing to have done.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-12-2016, 09:51 AM

You really need to grow up.

Lots of people were bullied. They either move on from it or they shoot up schools...you sound a whole lot like the latter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
30-12-2016, 09:57 AM
(30-12-2016 09:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is their behavior that starts things up. In all the experience I have had from being bullied to other things in life, most people (including those that bully others) don't learn anything until they are treated as they treat others. Treat me like shit and I must show you how it feels. If I just back down every time, your (the bully) behavior only gets worse. Put you in your place and you may avoid me.

You really need to grow up.

Lots of people were bullied. They either move on from it or they shoot up schools...you sound a whole lot like the latter.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
30-12-2016, 10:00 AM
(30-12-2016 09:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:30 AM)julep Wrote:  How a grownup would handle this situation:

That may work wherever you are from, but this is new jersey. The speed limits seem to be little more than suggestions, stop signs mean yield, red lights mean 7 people run the light and people are still running the light after the light turns green for the other people, and nobody seems capable of playing with their phones and holding a lane. Oh yeah, most people won't use turn signals and so many drive without headlights it is ridiculous. If I pulled over and let them by, it wouldn't be 2 minutes before the next asshat caught up. As I said, I don't do just the speed limit. I am always at least 5 over because that is the minimum everyone else does. It is a felony to be doing 25 over in this state. Most of the drivers here are felons that have just never been tried or convicted. This is the asshole state. I know I fit right in, but living here makes you that way.

I know people like you. Anybody going slower than you is an asshole. Anybody going faster than you is an asshole too. And the people going exactly the same speed as you? Man, are they annoying! You wouldn't be happy unless you had your own private road. But I'm guessing even then you'd find something to bitch about.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-12-2016, 10:07 AM
(30-12-2016 09:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That may work wherever you are from, but this is new jersey. The speed limits seem to be little more than suggestions, stop signs mean yield, red lights mean 7 people run the light and people are still running the light after the light turns green for the other people, and nobody seems capable of playing with their phones and holding a lane. Oh yeah, most people won't use turn signals and so many drive without headlights it is ridiculous. If I pulled over and let them by, it wouldn't be 2 minutes before the next asshat caught up. As I said, I don't do just the speed limit. I am always at least 5 over because that is the minimum everyone else does. It is a felony to be doing 25 over in this state. Most of the drivers here are felons that have just never been tried or convicted. This is the asshole state. I know I fit right in, but living here makes you that way.

This is why they don't let you make left turns in Jersey.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post