Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-12-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-12-2016 09:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:30 AM)julep Wrote:  How a grownup would handle this situation:

You're driving on the road, someone comes up behind you a little closer than you'd like. First you tap the brake lights--85% of the time the driver will stay a little farther away from you. If that doesn't work, then...you slow down and let the other driver pass you, and they drive on, and then you are left to your little spot of road by yourself. That's what a sane person does. Takes 15 seconds of your life. If you're feeling bothered, shout "asshole" as they pass, inside the closed windows of your car.

A bully--that's you, by the way--looks for a fight and drags out the encounter until he gets one. I hope the next time you act like an asshole in your car, you get reported to the cops and ticketed, which you will 100% deserve.

That may work wherever you are from, but this is new jersey. The speed limits seem to be little more than suggestions, stop signs mean yield, red lights mean 7 people run the light and people are still running the light after the light turns green for the other people, and nobody seems capable of playing with their phones and holding a lane. Oh yeah, most people won't use turn signals and so many drive without headlights it is ridiculous. If I pulled over and let them by, it wouldn't be 2 minutes before the next asshat caught up. As I said, I don't do just the speed limit. I am always at least 5 over because that is the minimum everyone else does. It is a felony to be doing 25 over in this state. Most of the drivers here are felons that have just never been tried or convicted. This is the asshole state. I know I fit right in, but living here makes you that way.

I've driven in New Jersey a fair amount, thought it was pretty tame, actually--but I live and drive in Massachusetts. I'm a Masshole surrounded by other Massholes...Yet tapping brake lights and letting people pass does, generally, work. Even here.

I'm a bit confused...you say if you'd let this guy pass you'd have had the same situation two minutes later--but you didn't, in fact, have the same situation two minutes later, right? Either this was just another Thursday in New Jersey, in which case you should be used to driving in those conditions and not whining about it, or it was you taking the opportunity to be a road-raging bully. As the state cop who may eventually pull you over for such behavior may explain to you (while writing your ticket or maybe taking you to jail), other people's bad behavior does not excuse yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
30-12-2016, 02:20 PM
(30-12-2016 11:38 AM)julep Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That may work wherever you are from, but this is new jersey. The speed limits seem to be little more than suggestions, stop signs mean yield, red lights mean 7 people run the light and people are still running the light after the light turns green for the other people, and nobody seems capable of playing with their phones and holding a lane. Oh yeah, most people won't use turn signals and so many drive without headlights it is ridiculous. If I pulled over and let them by, it wouldn't be 2 minutes before the next asshat caught up. As I said, I don't do just the speed limit. I am always at least 5 over because that is the minimum everyone else does. It is a felony to be doing 25 over in this state. Most of the drivers here are felons that have just never been tried or convicted. This is the asshole state. I know I fit right in, but living here makes you that way.

I've driven in New Jersey a fair amount, thought it was pretty tame, actually--but I live and drive in Massachusetts. I'm a Masshole surrounded by other Massholes...Yet tapping brake lights and letting people pass does, generally, work. Even here.

I'm a bit confused...you say if you'd let this guy pass you'd have had the same situation two minutes later--but you didn't, in fact, have the same situation two minutes later, right? Either this was just another Thursday in New Jersey, in which case you should be used to driving in those conditions and not whining about it, or it was you taking the opportunity to be a road-raging bully. As the state cop who may eventually pull you over for such behavior may explain to you (while writing your ticket or maybe taking you to jail), other people's bad behavior does not excuse yours.

The cops don't do much in this state. Nobody above 25 does the speed limit. Young people are the target. If you are over 25, there is a good chance you get off with just a warning unless you are a dick to the cop.
30-12-2016, 03:45 PM
(30-12-2016 02:20 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 11:38 AM)julep Wrote:  I've driven in New Jersey a fair amount, thought it was pretty tame, actually--but I live and drive in Massachusetts. I'm a Masshole surrounded by other Massholes...Yet tapping brake lights and letting people pass does, generally, work. Even here.

The cops don't do much in this state. Nobody above 25 does the speed limit. Young people are the target. If you are over 25, there is a good chance you get off with just a warning unless you are a dick to the cop.

You mean to tell me that if the cops had seen you aggressively tailgating the other car with your brights on, they would have just let it go?

I doubt it.

Everybody speeds everywhere. Your story isn't about speeding, it's about deliberately intimidating another driver, and cops do pull people over for that.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
30-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Guess where I'm gonna be at the stroke of midnight? Stocking shelves at work yay!!!
Best New Years night ever!!

[Image: oscar.png]
30-12-2016, 10:50 PM
(30-12-2016 09:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guess where I'm gonna be at the stroke of midnight? Stocking shelves at work yay!!!

Pretty sure I got you beat.

Night shift at a hotel.

On New Years.

A holiday defined almost exclusively by being rowdy, staying up late, making noise, and drinking alcohol.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Hey, look at that! Birdguy being a cunt and blaming everyone else for it. Who is not at all surprised by that? Because I'm certainly not.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-12-2016, 03:59 AM
(30-12-2016 10:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hey, look at that! Birdguy being a cunt and blaming everyone else for it. Who is not at all surprised by that? Because I'm certainly not.

I have to admit to finding his angry ranting quite entertaining, its my guilty pleasureBig Grin
31-12-2016, 05:08 AM
(30-12-2016 10:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hey, look at that! Birdguy being a cunt and blaming everyone else for it. Who is not at all surprised by that? Because I'm certainly not.

Yeah -- I noted the excessive speed and proud tailgating on icy roads.............

Really brilliant....

Facepalm

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-12-2016, 05:28 AM
Don't worry, one day he'll spin off the road and die and you wont have to read his posts any more.

And yea you win EK. At least my boss let us out an hour early while still paying us the full 8 hours.

[Image: oscar.png]
31-12-2016, 05:50 AM
(30-12-2016 10:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guess where I'm gonna be at the stroke of midnight? Stocking shelves at work yay!!!

Pretty sure I got you beat.

Night shift at a hotel.

On New Years.

A holiday defined almost exclusively by being rowdy, staying up late, making noise, and drinking alcohol.

I once had to tend bar -- and the manager got "sick" and had to leave... Her boyfriend showed up in a tux to pick her up........ Sick-- sure....

Leaving me with one waitress for about 150 drunks..... Luckily -- my ex was there that night -- she got pressed into waitressing......

So my New Years hell extended for months afterwards....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.