Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-01-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-01-2017 07:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 07:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why do you assume only rich kids drive around at night shooting paintballs at houses? It's not exactly an expensive thing to do. Paintball guns are cheap and easy get hold of and I'm sure a group of 3-4-5 teenagers has access to at least 1 car between them.

Clearly never seen 8-Mile..

We used to fill fire extinguishers with month old urine we saved and sprayed hookers with it. We stopped when shots were fired.

[Image: 44394738.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2017, 12:33 PM
(02-01-2017 07:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We used to fill fire extinguishers with month old urine we saved and sprayed hookers with it.

Don't you have to pay extra for that?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-01-2017, 02:04 PM
I can't come up with a name for the era in which my urban fantasy novel takes place. Gods have come on the scene - death gods in particular - but I mean... bleh. Do I try to name the era before this one? Like, pre-god? But that sounds stupid. Postmortem - "after death" - might work and I actually like that. But it'd need to be "after death gods" to make sense. But that'd be like... I dunno - post mortem deos? If that's even correct? I suck at titles and shit like this as well. Hobo

Maybe when the death gods show up could be called "The Awakening"?? Consider

02-01-2017, 02:16 PM
(02-01-2017 02:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I can't come up with a name for the era in which my urban fantasy novel takes place. Gods have come on the scene - death gods in particular - but I mean... bleh. Do I try to name the era before this one? Like, pre-god? But that sounds stupid. Postmortem - "after death" - might work and I actually like that. But it'd need to be "after death gods" to make sense. But that'd be like... I dunno - post mortem deos? If that's even correct? I suck at titles and shit like this as well. Hobo

The thanatodeist era

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
02-01-2017, 02:25 PM
(02-01-2017 02:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I can't come up with a name for the era in which my urban fantasy novel takes place. Gods have come on the scene - death gods in particular - but I mean... bleh. Do I try to name the era before this one? Like, pre-god? But that sounds stupid. Postmortem - "after death" - might work and I actually like that. But it'd need to be "after death gods" to make sense. But that'd be like... I dunno - post mortem deos? If that's even correct? I suck at titles and shit like this as well. Hobo

Premortem

From Harvard Business Review, Gary Klein, Sept. 2007 Issue:

"A premortem is the hypothetical opposite of a postmortem. A postmortem in a medical setting allows health professionals and the family to learn what caused a patient’s death..."
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-01-2017, 11:10 PM
So my mother in law passed away on the 30th. Today would have been my mom's birthday tomorrow would be her's (the 3rd of January).

Today, I put my dog down.

How much sadness can a heart take before it just can't take it anymore?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-01-2017, 11:16 PM
(02-01-2017 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So my mother in law passed away on the 30th. Today would have been my mom's birthday tomorrow would be her's (the 3rd of January).

[Image: bearhug_zps5kqkvfbj.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-01-2017, 11:44 PM
I've never felt such profound sadness in my life.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-01-2017, 11:59 PM
(02-01-2017 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So my mother in law passed away on the 30th. Today would have been my mom's birthday tomorrow would be her's (the 3rd of January).

So sorry for your loss Hug

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-01-2017, 12:24 AM

A lot. I know.

But I found that knowing how many people have your back, and have spare hugs any time you need them, can make the difference between survival and being crushed by the weight you carry.

It may be difficult to look past the pain right in front of you, but do try to focus on how many of us think so highly of you, and have all the extra hugs you could ever need, held in reserve just for you when you need them. Hug

[Image: chimps-hugging-why-we-kiss.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post