Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-01-2017, 12:42 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Why not? Insomnia is just what I need right now.
Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2017, 01:19 AM
(03-01-2017 12:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Why not? Insomnia is just what I need right now.
Dodgy

I'm sorry. Angry

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-01-2017, 01:20 AM
(03-01-2017 12:24 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So my mother in law passed away on the 30th. Today would have been my mom's birthday tomorrow would be her's (the 3rd of January).

Today, I put my dog down.

How much sadness can a heart take before it just can't take it anymore?

A lot. I know.

But I found that knowing how many people have your back, and have spare hugs any time you need them, can make the difference between survival and being crushed by the weight you carry.

It may be difficult to look past the pain right in front of you, but do try to focus on how many of us think so highly of you, and have all the extra hugs you could ever need, held in reserve just for you when you need them. Hug

[Image: chimps-hugging-why-we-kiss.jpg]

Sadcryface

I just realized my dog was on a raft and the tide already carried him away.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-01-2017, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 01:50 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I find, with dealing with death (and I've had to deal with a lot of it...), that we're often failing to realize our own selfishness in our sadness at the passing of a loved one. That's not a criticism; our ape-brains, being highly evolved social animals, seem programmed to feel such closeness and such sadness. It's a part of our brain chemistry to form those attachments and then to feel crushing depression when we lose them. It's why we have and cherish pets, often as much as we do our fellow human beings.

But death is a natural part of life. It is, as Gandalf put it, "a path that we all must take".

When someone is taken from us before they have had a chance to live out their life, it is tragic, as we mourn for what might have been for them.

Usually, though, it is their time, and they pass away from pain or infirmity. They are at rest.

But we must celebrate the things that made us close to them in the first place. We must smile at the very things that make us miss them-- because they are alive as long as they are remembered. It is only the love of others for that person/pet that does not die with them.

Death is a cause for smiling and happy memories, even if it is hard to see over the chemicals that flood our brains at the loss of something we cherish. And so, find solace in the memories and in realizing that there are others around you who love you and would be equally crushed by your absence... and who will fondly/lovingly remember you when it is your turn to die.

Go and endeavor to be someone worthy of fondly remembering. As you do with us-- that's why I pointed out how beloved you are here.

And as always, give and receive lots of hugs. That's also programmed into our ape-brains. Thus the picture, above.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-01-2017, 01:53 AM
(03-01-2017 01:47 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I find, with dealing with death (and I've had to deal with a lot of it...), that we're often failing to realize our own selfishness in our sadness at the passing of a loved one. That's not a criticism; our ape-brains, being highly evolved social animals, seem programmed to feel such closeness and such sadness. It's a part of our brain chemistry to form those attachments and then to feel crushing depression when we lose them. It's why we have and cherish pets, often as much as we do our fellow human beings.

But death is a natural part of life. It is, as Gandalf put it, "a path that we all must take".

When someone is taken from us before they have had a chance to live out their life, it is tragic, as we mourn for what might have been for them.

Usually, though, it is their time, and they pass away from pain or infirmity. They are at rest.

But we must celebrate the things that made us close to them in the first place. We must smile at the very things that make us miss them-- because they are alive as long as they are remembered. It is only the love of others for that person/pet that does not die with them.

Death is a cause for smiling and happy memories, even if it is hard to see over the chemicals that flood our brains at the loss of something we cherish. And so, find solace in the memories and in realizing that there are others around you who love you and would be equally crushed by your absence... and who will fondly/lovingly remember you when it is your turn to die.

Go and endeavor to be someone worthy of fondly remembering. As you do with us-- that's why I pointed out how beloved you are here.

And as always, give and receive lots of hugs. That's also programmed into our ape-brains. Thus the picture, above.

Thank you. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-01-2017, 04:12 AM
(02-01-2017 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So my mother in law passed away on the 30th. Today would have been my mom's birthday tomorrow would be her's (the 3rd of January).

I'm so sorry moms, there's nothing I can say but I am thinking of you and sending you a hug. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-01-2017, 06:00 AM

Sorry to hear this. It feels so awful when things pile on. My condolences to you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
03-01-2017, 10:47 AM

Hug So sorry!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-01-2017, 11:17 AM
(02-01-2017 11:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've never felt such profound sadness in my life.

[Image: 5977aea84f36dbd4ac2bf73bee203225.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-01-2017, 11:39 AM

*hugs* for all that you are going through. It sounds like a year I had several years ago (I lost my dad, grandma, and dog all within a short time of each other). The only advice I can give is to hold onto the ones who love you and try to weather everything together the best you can.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post